Keepsake Recruitment

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
Chocopyro
Regular
Projects: Keepsake: Orison of the falling leaves
Organization: Patchwork Novels

Keepsake Recruitment

#1 Post by Chocopyro »

Alright. No more solo project building. I'm at the stage of development in Keepsake, where its time to start building my team. The vision is pretty clear, the setting has been put together, the characters and their lives are rooted and interwoven with it and each other, and a basic plot device has been thought over. Now I just need to find the right people for the job to help make a story and a polished project out of it. So lets get down to the details.

If you haven't seen anything about the project so far, this ^^^^ is its WIP thread. Here you can learn about the characters, the themes (If you dissect my long winded response to Gekiganwing), the sort of scenario I have in mind, and the artistic style. Yes, for anyone who's turned off by moe-ish characters and bright colors, this may may not be the project for you. In fact, I'ma make that a job requirement. Ya should like high school settings and romcom bishoujo games, because if you hate them, I can't imagine you'd be very passionate about this one. (Likewise, I need characters to feel relatable on a human level, and not just moe blobs with no substance.)

Alright, so assuming you've read up, and you are not throwing yourself into the abyss just to have a project to work on, lets get into:

Writers: (Positions Filled)
I apologize for taking so long to update this, but our writing positions are presently closed. I apologize for those who have been waiting on me to get back to them, there's been a lot of work on my part to get... Well, basically every aspect of the project situated, from group communication systems to long winded discussions with the current writing team discussing various aspects of the story in great detail, and likewise, making sure artists are set up with visual representations and examples and such. In short, with literally every group I've worked with so far, I've had to stick my head in photoshop way more than I thought I would need to to map out flow charts, references, UI additions, resize sprites, and creating promotional artwork for the Patreon. Rather time consuming work, actually. Suffice to say... I just completely forgot to update this thread. And I apologize. :?

Background Artist: (Discussing details with one so far.)
I'm a bit spoiled by Badriel's BGs, of which I only have two. So sorry if I'm a bit picky on quality. Really though, the setting is something I feel needs to come to life as much as the characters, so much what I said to the writers, make sure you come inspired by the setting. Because you are going to be busy. Only about 35-45% of the story I have in mind takes place in high school, and the rest of it will likely have the characters exploring forested foothills, abandoned buildings, and their daily after school lives in general. Several of which will inevitably see multiple times of the day, different types of weather, and different stages of the autumn season. (Leaves turning red, leaves completely red, leaves falling off, ect.) The background art does more than just immerse the player. It conveys the setting. It tells the story of the life of the town. And certain parts are very solidly ingrained in my head, where as others will need to be worked with your own imagination. I am of course ready to pay a pretty penny, so come ready to produce dem commercial quality backgrounds.

Sound and Audio:

Music composition:
I might have someone for the job composing for us. She's actually designed a theme song, though I have no idea how it will sound, considering in all the years I've known her, I actually never knew she composed for anything outside of arranged shows for high school marching bands. So for the position of composer, I'd like to hit pause. Unless you're like super uber inspired, then I'll at least hear you out.

Sound effects/Direction:
Yup. We will be needing this for sure when the script is done.

Voice actors:
Even if all the characters haven't been revealed, I would like to take an interest check for the characters I've revealed so far. Just be ready to send a few samples. If I hear someone who perfectly nails a role, I may just require a voice pack until we're ready to start recording lines for the demo.

Coding: (Position Filled)
I have a few features that I'm not sure how to add on my own, so its about time to step aside and let someone more advanced take over on the coding and programming. And it will go a long way to creating a polished game. This may be something we'll need in the final stages of the demo, but it couldn't hurt to play around with things before then, could it?

Art, Special effects, and animation:
There's bound to be a lot of random misc objects that require some art. Heck there's four artifacts that need to be addressed right away. Among other cursed objects. We could discuss this more at a later stage of the project though. Pre-demo of course.

My Resources:
I don't intend to wait until after any crowd funding to start paying people for there work. Which is why I'm aiming to get a demo done about as soon as September. (Memorial day to be exact.) That way, if I need to, won't have to wait for the grill to be fired up. Naturally, I want to make it as far as possible without anything like Kickstarter, but I do have a Patreon set up just in case. And if its getting to the point where we need to use it, hopefully we can grow the fanbase we need to keep everyone paid and happy. I already have access to some cool reward possibilities with what assets I already possess.
Last edited by Chocopyro on Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.

firecat
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: The Unknowns Saga series
Projects: The Unknown Saga series
Tumblr: bigattck
Deviantart: bigattck
Soundcloud: bigattck-firecat

Re: Keepsake Recruitment: Writers|BGs|Everything else (Paid)

#2 Post by firecat »

Hi, i would like to apply for the musician and if that became full than sound effects. These are my songs:

https://soundcloud.com/bigattck-firecat

special thanks to nantoka.main.jp and iichan_lolbot

Graff
Regular

#3 Post by Graff »

Since this is a high school setting, are you looking for jazzy type music or something specific?

Rinima
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: WtRF
Organization: Harmonic Dreams
IRC Nick: Rinima or Charlie
Deviantart: Emlindes

#4 Post by Rinima »

Sent you a PM for the writing position :)
Pronouns: They/them or He/him

Chocopyro
Regular

#5 Post by Chocopyro »

Thanks for your replies, everyone.

Firecat: Thank you for the interest. I've got you on my list for either sound or music.

Graff: I'm not sure jazz quite fits the theme or story in keepsake. For one, to call it strictly a high school setting doesn't quite give the area justice. If the area were more urbanized like Persona 5's setting in Tokyo, maybe jazz would work. But its a growing town in the mountains caught in a transition between its old rural vibe and urban growth, surrounded by vividly colored autumn forests, rich folkloric history, and spiritually active sites. Actually, that alone could work with a jazz feel, where it more of a light horror vibe. But for the characters and how they interact with the world around them, I kinda get more of a... I don't know. We're currently experimenting with a modern celtic folk sound. It could turn into anything by the time we get it nailed down.

Rinima: Already talking to you. lol

FourEyesGirl

#6 Post by FourEyesGirl »

PM sent for the voice acting position.

Chocopyro
Regular

#7 Post by Chocopyro »

Thanks for reminding me. -reopens it-

Mint Monster
Projects: Lunescara
Soundcloud: Mint-Monster

#8 Post by Mint Monster »

Yo! I wouldn't mind working as a VA. :)
The name's Mint Monster, the Otaku Journalist. Where there's news, there's nothing to loose. After I finish this mint base, I'll be on the case! ☆⌒(ゝv ∂)

Chocopyro
Regular

#9 Post by Chocopyro »

Alright, Mint Monster. If you have any samples, send them my way. At the moment, for Voice Acting, I'm just taking interest checks, and jotting down notes until the script has been worked on.

LadyPayne

#10 Post by LadyPayne »

I really enjoy the character diversity and would be interested in writing. Sounds like a really exciting project!

dmasterxd
Regular
Completed: Mage Wars
Projects: Falling Star
Organization: Star Guide

#11 Post by dmasterxd »

Hey, I love bishoujo high school life games. And a large majority of them make up some of my favorite visual novels, haha. So with that being said, I am interested in applying for a writer position. I'll send you a PM with some samples of my writing and you can let me know whether or not you're interested in having me.

JB Coleman
Regular

#12 Post by JB Coleman »

I'd love to be apart of this I am a va here's my demo real pm me if ur interested https://t.co/7nCuUSlJam

gorshatastic
Projects: But I love you.

#13 Post by gorshatastic »

Hi there! If you are in need of voice acting, I'd be happy to help! You can check out my demos on my website here: http://melgorsha.com/demos/

And some of my resume here: http://melgorsha.com/resume/

Thank you and best of luck with your project! :)

Lukedoc321
Regular
Projects: Go! Go! Democratic People's Republic of Korea!, Project BEAT
Soundcloud: Luke Dougherty

#14 Post by Lukedoc321 »

I'd be interested in helping out as a composer! Here are some of my songs.

https://soundcloud.com/luke-dougherty-3/sets/portfolio

ECCOPink
Organization: ECCOWorks
Deviantart: Nijiiru

#15 Post by ECCOPink »

Hi, I didnt see it up there specifically, but if you need a character artist feel free to look at my samples o3o/
https://twitter.com/EccoPink