Parricide MegaThread (Adult) (Hiring) Update 28/05/17

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
TheRedHare
Regular
Projects: Parricide
Organization: Poena Cullei
Tumblr: theredharestuff

Parricide MegaThread (Adult) (Hiring) Update 28/05/17

#1 Post by TheRedHare »

About

I am creating a game under the title of "Parricide". It is a mix of 3 different elements; the first being a VN. The second is a map, allowing sections which the player would choose, and thus develop different paths. The third and heaviest element of the game is the game play itself. The game play is 2D, and is based on small battles of which characters would perform an action. These characters would be linked to characters within the VN, and characters would be unlocked from each area (from the second aspect of the game) or after each map.

If you could imagine Sengoku Rance crossed with Valkyria Chronicles, you wouldn't be far off.

The funding for this project comes from my own pocket currently, so funds are clearly very limited. However, I would be looking for crowd funding aspects to get the game released in two versions, a clean and an adult 18+ in the mindset to try and sell and possibly get green lit if able. Therefore, should the interested party be interested in a percentage based agreement instead, it can be discussed. The position can be somewhat complex, with the roles taken therefore changing the payment/percentage received. A clear percentage of rev-share would be agreed upon before any work would begin.

Setting

The game takes place over several chapters. The first "Chapter 0 - Prologue" will be our demo/market test release. The game itself takes place in a WW2 styled setting, but in an alternate universe. There will be, aside from the MC, approx up to 50 character NPCs, all with their own sprite art for the game play, VN character art, several CGs and slight variations in use. The game play itself though based on an old game, would require building from scratch within Renpy and python.

The current progress of the game is compiled of different parts as stated above. As of time of writing, placeholder character art is in use, but slowly being replaced with a much more higher quality art. CGs remain sketches as my character artist continues to produce work. BG art for the VN element has been mostly completed (total of >250 different OC backgrounds) and work on the level design and music is ongoing.

Adult

The adult element is 18/21+ including mature themes throughout; including gore/death, sex, gay sex and other mature themes. It will also reference several other adult games for resources (mainly to show what it is the project is aiming for) which means that only adults or those of legal age in their country/state can work on the project under a Rev-Share agreement. This is not up for discussion, no exceptions will be made for anyone under said age for any role in the project.

The Team

I am based in the UK, and work full time. As such, there may be some delays in responses. However, I will en devour to reply whenever I can. We have a discord channel and are frequently active. Updates can also be found on our studio website.

As is the custom on this board, my role in the project is Director, Editor, Scriptwriter and Scenewriter. I have a BG artist who has already fulfilled their role, though the as the game progresses more will be added. I have a character and CG artist leading the art development. I also work as a writer and editor for the game, alongside the lead character and story writer. We have 2 voice actors and have gathered royally free music from multiple sources for use within the game.

As part of this project, the battle element requires detail and knowledge of animation art for the effects and weapons. Based upon the original character art, the chibi artist would need to create characters, following a suitable pattern show that the characters match and fit within the game engine correctly. There will be around 50 playable characters in the game, plus several enemies and other weaponry needed.

This is clearly a long project, but is very much a hobby project. I do not have the funds or the time to work on this project 24/7 and I do not expect you to. However, I do expect a reasonable response and update weekly plus a high level of professionalism when needed.

I hope with this I have been clear of what my expectations are, and a brief yet complete overview of the project. There are likely to be more questions about the project which I would please refer you to pm me, as I believe via this system discussions can begin.

As payment can be from two different sources, both commission and percentage (or trade); I would also like to make clear at this point that I strongly prefer percentage of revenue, as my lack of funds will not in my opinion give justice for the number of hours required. I am one man, with one goal, but I intend to remain both respectful and professional in all aspects of this project.

Roles currently needed;

Chibi artist/animator - For the battle elements of the game. This is an in depth role that will require someone with a good attention to detail. Must be able to produce assets in an good character style, adhering to our pixel and size requirements. We currently have a full range of chibi art, but are looking to replace the style somewhat in order to maximize animations.

Music producer - There will be a very large number of tracks, with many different styles throughout the project. There will be the need for different versions of the same track. Styles can vary greatly, and I'm looking for someone who can produce not only electronic and rock styles, but also jazz and solo instrumentals. Piano versions of said tracks are a great advantage as well. This role is currently being covered with the use of multiple royally free to use music - thus is not a priority at this point.

Voice Actors - It is currently a little too early for us to be looking for voice actors at this time, but in the near future I would love for 2 more to come on board. We currently have a very talented female voice actor and an amateur male voice actor. I would be looking at another one of each for the time being, with the view of further actors at a later date. They would need to be able to produce a much older voice range to voice characters 40+.

CG Artist - Much like the Chibi artist, your role is to support our lead character artist in developing CGs fit for the game. We expect a decent level of standard, and the ability to draw scenes of a sexual nature/death with reasonable confidence. A semi-realism missed with a touch of cartoon style in order to match the current art is a huge advantage.

Current Progress

Old Video showing CG gallery, animated menu screen and updated battle overhaul;including working relationship bonus

Writing - 50k/75k
Editing/Scripting - 45k/75k
Character Sprites (VN) - drafts/64 (Including expressions)
Music - As above, currently complete
Coding - 90%/100% (Video/minor GUI)
VA - 5%/Too many to count right now
CG - 8/24
Battle sprites and animations - Placeholders/20

Extra Thanks

BunnyVoid - BG Artist, of whom creates amazing work, for more than responsible prices. I both highly and strongly recommend her for any paid project, as she single-handed created all of the BGs used in the VN element of the game so far.

Her thread can be found here;
viewtopic.php?f=62&t=39108

Cipher - Help with the original demo writing, and key writer for previous introduction to the game.

His thread can be found here;
viewtopic.php?f=63&t=36147&p=419741

Ayano - Helping me with guessing not only used to RenPy, but teaching and giving me several basic elements which allows me to build upon my own understanding.

memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=34596

Finally, Thank you again for reading this wall of text; I look forward to hearing from any interested parties.
Attachments
eleventeen.png
Last edited by TheRedHare on Sun May 28, 2017 9:36 am, edited 15 times in total.

TheRedHare
Regular

Re: Unnamed Project (Adult) Seeking Programmer and writer

#2 Post by TheRedHare »

We are still in need of an experienced programmer for the project, however until I find someone suitable, we will continue to develop the assets. I am still looking for any writer(s) wishing to join the project.

Main post has been updated, also included a much clearer current progress percentage, ect.

You may notice that Voice Actors/Sounds are not included. This is because I believe that it is currently far to early to be looking for said actors at this time.

Currently adding minor WIP of art, which is far from close to being completed but to show there is still active and current progression in the Character Art and CG Art respectively. All artwork is copyright not for use at this time. Once the character art is finished, I may release the previous demo character art under a for free for use license.
Last edited by TheRedHare on Tue Oct 25, 2016 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

suletama
Projects: Truth Beneath the Rose, Contract of Cards ~Joker~
Organization: Clockwork Cafe
Tumblr: suletama

Re: Seeking Programmer & Writer(s) (Adult) Updated 22/08/16

#3 Post by suletama »

Hey there! Are you still looking for a writer?

TheRedHare
Regular

Re: Seeking Programmer (Adult) Updated 17/09/16

#4 Post by TheRedHare »

Updated with new information.
Last edited by TheRedHare on Tue Oct 25, 2016 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheRedHare
Regular

Re: Parricide MegaThread (Adult) (Hiring) Update 14/11/16

#5 Post by TheRedHare »

We are now in need of a Chibi and CG artist, as well as an animator. One person can easily fill all 3 roles with some ease, should they be skilled enough. We are happy to discuss rev-share or commission based agreements based within this opportunity.

Animations need only be simple 5 frame animations used within the combat element of the game. An example is included in this post.

All applications will be looked at, but as in line of our game, only over 18/21 applications can be seen properly.

I look forward to hearing any questions.

Thanks
Attachments
impact.png

Red-Baby
Veteran
Completed: Free!: Arabian Nights, BAKED:MAGIC, I'm a love interest in my CHILDHOOD FRIEND'S reverse harem!!!, I'm a side character in a BL story!, Ell's Kitchen
Projects: Wrong Number
Organization: WitPOP
itch: red-baby

Re: Parricide MegaThread (Adult) (Hiring) Update 04/01/17

#6 Post by Red-Baby »

Hi RedHare,

I am interested in helping out with the chibi art and possibly CG art, but I had a few inquiries.

Firstly, you mention there are about 50 NPCs, do you intend to have chibis for all of them? And if so, would it just be a single design or are you hoping for variations in facial expressions and such as well?
Secondly, do you have same examples of the sprite art (I know you say they are currently being made but even just sketch work would be good to see) so that the chibi artist can see if they are able to match it somewhat.
And lastly, what are the pixel and size requirements that you need?

I'm also including some samples to my chibi art, I'm looking forward to hearing back from you soon.

TheRedHare
Regular

#7 Post by TheRedHare »

See updated post - Unable to delete this one.
Last edited by TheRedHare on Sun May 28, 2017 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

TheRedHare
Regular

#8 Post by TheRedHare »

Last edited by TheRedHare on Sun May 28, 2017 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

TheRedHare
Regular

Re: Parricide MegaThread (Adult) (Hiring) Update 28/01/17

#9 Post by TheRedHare »

Last edited by TheRedHare on Sun May 28, 2017 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

TheRedHare
Regular

#10 Post by TheRedHare »

See updated post.

You can find more details of the project, or show your support here!

We are continuing to look for VAs with an older tone to their voice, preferably with a British undertone. Please forward any questions to myself via pm, or ask away in this thread and I'll try to respond as soon as I am able. Thanks for reading!
Last edited by TheRedHare on Sun May 28, 2017 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

TheRedHare
Regular

#11 Post by TheRedHare »

We are currently seeking the above roles as we slowly move towards completion of our first chapter. The main post how now been updated, and those following us will note that a huge change in art style has occurred - see attached.

Our CGs follow a monotone colouring, which show a fundamental theme throughout the story. Our new character sprites are still in draft form, aiming for completion within the next few weeks.

Once we have the new art in place, we will release an updated testing video showing our progress further. We are seeking a CG artist to start immediately for work to be used within our intro/ending and throughout several parts of the game.

Further details can either be asked here or via pm; I seek any and all interest.

Thanks for reading!
Attachments
unknown.png
unknown.png
unknown.png
unknown.png
6.png
2.png
8.png