Hybrid VN big project looking for writer

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
Xand
Regular

Hybrid VN big project looking for writer

#1 Post by Xand »

Hello! We are duo currently dev. "Huracan seas" hybrid Visual novel with romances for female and male players. And now we need a writer! Here is the link viewtopic.php?f=43&t=38209&p=413063#p413063

* What can we offer?
We can give you % from steam, android, appstore sales or pay you right after we will get first profits.

* What we need?
We need you to write for our game nearly all in game texts. All the plots and twists, dramas and ofc love and romance, characters, their grow and sufferings. You will be totally free to write adventure that will fit in our world. Game use fantasy with a bit of post-apocalypse genre + some gameplay that will affect dialogues. We hope to achieve 10-15 hours of gameplay, so there will be lot of texts. We want finish project in a year + - so will be cool if you could write 600-800 words every day ( feel free to discuss vacations )

* About game.
1) -The World. We got a finished world concept starts from how planet was born and finished about simple people habits and rituals. We wrote all this for a future writer and most likely you will need read alot about our world before start writing.
2) - there is gameplay, card game that will affect dialogues and give you some slight restrictions ( or may be not ) We wrote gameplay concept so you will need to read it through.
3) - Main character is a female and male. Sometimes you will need to write different reactions and situations to make it different for male and female players. ( like old fallout series )
4) - We wrote a start of the game, from where player will start his\her adventure and we know where the adventure must end but all other - is up for you!
5) - We have a 4 romanceable companions 2 females and 2 males. We have their personality nearly finished, you will need write their love plots. If you have better ideas for their personality throw it!
6) - We want game structure be similar with Bioware dragon age series, where main plot, some side texts and romances - is a bonus to main plot and player can finish game without romances at all.
7) - Game already have some art and side characters for a first 2 hours, you will need to use them, but later we will draw locations and side characters depends on plot.

* What we seek in our companion.
Be in touch with the rest of the team. Ask, tell and discuss.
20+ years old.
Have at leas a bit of writing experience.
Perfect English ( we can't proofread you, so we seek someone who do minimal mistakes )
Ready to write for commercial.

* What already done.
Art for first two hours of the game. 5 soundtracks. Alpha demo for a 20 minutes gameplay. Concepts and linearts for 4 companions. Raw plot. board to communicate and planning. Gameplay few arts. Texts about world, characters, gameplay.

* Plans for future.
Finish all companions arts. Companions first animation. Title art, title soundtrack. Opening video. 2 hours fully working demo.

* Contacts
Write me here
Skype - illymiel
fb page https://www.facebook.com/nyashi.nya

edel

Re: Hybrid VN big project looking for writer

#2 Post by edel »

I sent you a PM!

Xand
Regular

#3 Post by Xand »

Thanks to all who answered! Position now closed.

WilliamofBangor

#4 Post by WilliamofBangor »

Xand wrote: Perfect English ( we can't proofread you, so we seek someone who do minimal mistakes )
In most circumstances I wouldn't post off-topic in this forum, but this looks like excellent and it thought it worthwhile. It's my hope that this is taken as too forward, but, I'm confident in suggesting that no matter who you recruit, you will need a proofreader.

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

#5 Post by Zelan »

WilliamofBangor wrote:
Xand wrote: Perfect English ( we can't proofread you, so we seek someone who do minimal mistakes )
In most circumstances I wouldn't post off-topic in this forum, but this looks like excellent and it thought it worthwhile. It's my hope that this is taken as too forward, but, I'm confident in suggesting that no matter who you recruit, you will need a proofreader.
Seconding this. Even if you have a fantastic and talented writer, everyone makes mistakes. And, if you don't write directly into the program, there can be mistakes when programming the game.