(CLOSED) Heartwarming Halloween KN need WRITER

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
morinoir
Regular
itch: blackpepper

(CLOSED) Heartwarming Halloween KN need WRITER

#1 Post by morinoir »

UPDATE!
The position has now been closed. Thank you very much for all applicant! Development thread and blog will be created as soon as the project started =)

---------------------------------------------------

Tomorrow (Friday, 24th Feb) will be the last day to submit your application, and my decision will be announced on Saturday. The production schedule is tight so I want to work on this game as soon as possible.

---------------------------------------------------
Hello guys! This is Morinoir! We're husband and wife joining force as a team of professional artist, but the one who usually lurk in Lemmasoft is me, the wife ^^. In this project I hold the role as artist and producer while hubb will help with promotion and marketing. I need writer for my game because I'm from Indonesia and my English skill is limited (read my draft and you'll see XD), thus I feel I can't tell my story well if I write it on my own. I need someone who can translate my idea into a well written story, as well as fun and reliable partner that I can ask for friendly discussion.

ABOUT
The game I make is a funny-heartwarming kinetic novel about friendship and family in Halloween theme. There will be witch, ghost, monsters, magic, and the overall feel will be whimsical and spooky, but cute at the same time. This is the first of many series I will release. Each series will consist of several short chapters, and the estimated time for completion is around 2 hours, so yes, it's short and the story itself won't be complicated since my target audience are children around 13 and under, those who enjoy children story and love Halloween in general.
Here are some mock up I made for your reference. Annoying signature ftw :3
witch mockup.png
witch mockup2.png
WHAT I'M LOOKING
I'm looking for writer who is fluent in English and have rich imagination. The story is a mix of funny, sad, spooky, action, and heartwarming moments, so I expect you can write script that portrays each of these moments well. I’ve prepared rough draft of the first series (from the start to end), draft of each character's history and personality, rough script that covered half of the Demo, and history of the town where the story takes place. I expect the writer stay within the idea I have built and only improve it to a certain degree, but please don’t hesitate to tell me if you have other plot that will work better.

The job of the writer will include, but not limited to:
- Brain storming. The parts that need brain storming including: game title, name of some characters and places, and some scene in the story.
- Script writing
- Help me build concept of the town
- Help me Write content for update
- Not necessary but it’ll be great if you can make pun (for jokes) and rhyme (for the witch’s spell), or mix one word with another to create a new silly word with a specific meaning. You, however, are encourage to be creative with names.

RELEASE and PAYMENT
Since the game has Halloween-themed story, the release date is planned on October 2017 (hopefully! Coz I'm the only artist here DX) while the hype of Halloween is high. There will be crowdfunding through Kickstarter or Indiegogo and the game itself will be commercially released on steam and android playstore, as well as itch.io and the likes. We will also submit the game to some publisher like Sekai Project or Playism to boost our promotion.

As for the payment, there are 2 options you can choose.
1. Since crowdfunding is in plan, you can choose to receive a share of revenue for your effort.
2. Or you can choose SKILL TRADE in which I will draw character arts for your game/story/anything in exchange for your writing for my game. Please note that you MUST be okay with this game being released commercially and that you won’t receive any share from it. I too, am okay if you want to use my art for commercial purpose and I won’t ask for any share you make either (but we'll have to agree to credit each other properly).

If you choose SKILL TRADE, I’m confident in my skill on drawing character, but not quite on drawing background/anything that needs accurate perspective. That means I can make VN sprites, CG, character design, promotional poster, or if you make novel/short story, I can make the cover and some complimentary illustrations. I’m very open for negotiation on this matter, so don’t hesitate to throw me your deal! However since the schedule is tight, I will do my part later when all of art assets are almost complete. I got my hands real full with the art assets I have to make, so I hope you'll understand my situation. Check out my Deviantart gallery to see my art style and some examples: http://pepapen.deviantart.com/gallery/

CONTACT
Have I succeed in tempting you to join my army yet??? If you’d like to collaborate with me, you can PM me or email me at morinoirblackforrest@gmail.com. Most of our communication will be done via email, or google hangout if live chat is needed. Please please PLEASE include some writing example that (more or less) has the same theme with my story, even if it’s only one page. Or else, how am I supposed to know that you’re ‘the one’?

Thank you very much for reading this wall of text thattookmehourstowrite! I’ll be waiting for your application!
Last edited by morinoir on Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

morinoir
Regular

Re: Heartwarming Halloween KN need WRITER - skill trade offe

#2 Post by morinoir »

Thank you to those who have sent their application! ^^
I also want to update the information that the game will consist of around 10.000 words, and if you're unsure about the sample you must include in your application, I have some reference that I can show you =)

The writer position will stay open for the whole week. I’ll be waiting for your application!

morinoir
Regular

#3 Post by morinoir »

UPDATE!
Tomorrow (Friday, 24th Feb) will be the last day to submit your application, and my decision will be announced on Saturday. The production schedule is tight so I want to work on this game as soon as possible. Thank you!

Scribbles
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Pinewood Island, As We Know It
Projects: In Blood
Organization: Jaime Scribbles Games
Deviantart: breakfastdoodles
itch: scribbles

#4 Post by Scribbles »

this looks so cute! I love Halloween XD I'd toss my hat in the ring if I wasn't so busy. I hope you find a great writer
Image - Image -Image

Bryy
Veteran
Completed: 30+ games so far
Projects: Furry Shakespeare
Organization: Stegalosaurus Game Development

Re: (CLOSED) Heartwarming Halloween KN need WRITER

#5 Post by Bryy »

I am so sad I missed this. Halloween is my jam.

morinoir
Regular

#6 Post by morinoir »

Bryy wrote:I am so sad I missed this. Halloween is my jam.
aahh thanks a lot for your interest! Just a liiitle bit more until we have enough assets to build a development blog here and on other social media ^^

GrammaHobbes
Regular

#7 Post by GrammaHobbes »

The characters are so amazing and adorable!!!!