Just Need A Cheap BG Artist

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
sofiakuran
Regular

Just Need A Cheap BG Artist

#1 Post by sofiakuran »

I've been focusing on the main stories for awhile now. I have music from Kevin MacLeod but the issue is the backgrounds. I need a background artist for cheap if I can. Most of the scenes will be taking place on school grounds so many BGs I plan to have are very simple. Please let me know if you're willing to do backgrounds and put down your prices and a link to your work!

pyopyon
Veteran
Completed: https://chouette.itch.io/
Projects: Ocean Pearls, Catching the Fox [NaNo16], Singles
Organization: Jellyfish Parade
Tumblr: jelpiparade
Soundcloud: pyopyon
itch: chouette

Re: Just Need A Cheap BG Artist

#2 Post by pyopyon »

I'm not a cheap BG artist but Uncle Mugen's backgrounds (many of which are school related) are free for commercial use!

Check the Creative Commons forum! (^: Hope that helps.
Image ImageImage

WiP: Image

✿ Writer for Trade/Commission ✿

sofiakuran
Regular

#3 Post by sofiakuran »

pyopyon wrote:I'm not a cheap BG artist but Uncle Mugen's backgrounds (many of which are school related) are free for commercial use!

I do love Uncle Mugen's work but I would like a different artist. I feel Uncle Mugen's work is overused. I'd like the backgrounds I commission to be solely made for my game but thank you for suggesting him

Caveat Lector
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Colette and Becca
Projects: Rainbow Love (HIATUS), The Haunting of Blackbird School, Cry of the Roses [TBA]
Organization: Velveteen Rabbit Productions
Deviantart: Velveteen-Rabbit-CL
itch: caveat_lector

#4 Post by Caveat Lector »

Define "cheap". I know a few good BG artists I've had in the past whom I can vouch for, and they might be willing to work with you. However, keep in mind that backgrounds are typically one of the most expensive assets. Even if you could barter with them a bit, you'd still have to pay quite a lot even at the cheapest possible price.
Reader Beware!

The Haunting of Blackbird School: In Progress

Colette and Becca: Complete

Albridge
Regular

#5 Post by Albridge »

sofiakuran wrote:
pyopyon wrote:I'm not a cheap BG artist but Uncle Mugen's backgrounds (many of which are school related) are free for commercial use!

I'd like the backgrounds I commission to be solely made for my game but thank you for suggesting him
I don't think that's very compatible with cheap

Imperf3kt
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: Imperf3kt

#6 Post by Imperf3kt »

I'm not much of an artist, but I'd probably have offered free services had you not specifically stated you want exclusive usage of the images.

Maybe you will have to compromise. You want something free or close to, you have to be willing to make some sacrifices, be that quality, exclusivity, resolution or other things or a combination of things. Something has to be sacrificed.

NB: I cannot do any work for several weeks as I am in the middle of moving house.
Warning: May contain trace amounts of gratuitous plot.
pro·gram·mer (noun) An organism capable of converting caffeine into code.

Current project: GGD Mentor

Twitter