Need a Comedy Writer for Next Project (Pay $300-$375)

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
SmartAppleGames

Need a Comedy Writer for Next Project (Pay $300-$375)

#1 Post by SmartAppleGames »

Hi, i need a comedy writer, who is immature, childish humor, and even downright dirty in their humor. for my next project. I'm willing to pay $300-$375 for 80-120 pages.

Here's the synopsis.

PENGUIN ISLAND, is a Romantic Comedy. You play as a cute Penguin on a tropical island,
as you attempt to seduce the Bikini Babes who are on Summer Holiday. Unmasked, the
Penguin is a Prince, who is cursed by a Witch and the first kiss will save him from the Penguin Curse.

I got most of the art done, the penguins and backgrounds already. I'll have the bikini babes done in a month after my first project. all i really need is a script.

if interested please pm me or leave a comment. thank you.

Mickychi
Veteran
Projects: Current: Prologue: Caged Bird

Re: Need a Comedy Writer for Next Project (Pay $300-$375)

#2 Post by Mickychi »

I think you need to be a bit more detailed in the amount of workload your after here, when you say 80-120 pages that doesn't really give enough detail, because of things like what font size, margins of page and so on. You're better stating an estimation of words, because 80-120 pages sounds confusing, and somewhat like you're trying to get more words for less money via the confusion.

Other than that what schedule are you looking at for the writer? Do you have an idea of how many words per week you want done, and when do you want the finalized script by?
Check out my WIP Prologue: Caged Bird!

SmartAppleGames

#3 Post by SmartAppleGames »

font is Courier New 12pt. Not in a rush for this project since I'm still working on my first project. I have a professional writer who will give me 120 pages but i thought i look here if i find someone better.

Sleepy
Regular
Projects: Camera Anima
Organization: EXP-resso Mutt
Tumblr: sleepy-does-games.tumblr.com
itch: https://expressomutt

#4 Post by Sleepy »

Echoing Mickychi, 80-120 pages, even in 12 courier, is a hard range to figure out. Looking at a doc I have, though, 80 pages (non-double-spaced) is about 30, 000+ word at 0.01/word.

However, if you want things double-spaced (especially since this is a script) that changes the word/work count, so it'd be good to get some clarification on what you want written up exactly. Like, how many paths (if any) do you need? What rating of humor, especially since you noted you want someone who can write some dirty humor?
W.I.P.

Complete

Image Image