[CLOSED] !! Writers Needed for Voln, an XXX Fantasy RPG !!

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
indoneko
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: !! Writers Needed for Voln, an XXX Fantasy RPG !!

#16 Post by indoneko »

m0RV wrote:
indoneko wrote:You pay peanuts, you get monkeys.
Kind of a rude thing to say about hungry writers, I think. Perhaps it's best to keep such judgments to yourself. Not everything's about money. In fact, all the good stuff isn't.
Now you're calling me rude, while you're the one who actually insults the professional writers by asking them to write your sexual, nasty fetishes for merely 5 dollars. :roll:

Please stop pretending that you're siding with the writers. This is not the first time people see your project in this forum. You even tried to test how low you can go before you ignited the public outrage, and then revised your payment slightly to make it looks like you've complied to their demand. While a full peanut is better than half a peanut, it is still peanut.

viewtopic.php?f=61&t=42434
Part of the reason I'm paying so little is because I need someone who doesn't do it for money. I don't want to work with an intellectual whore but with a genuine lover of sex and its infinite descriptions. I need someone who loves the work. Bottom line. I hope you understand what I mean.
No, I didn't and still don't. That's why I suggested you to look for free writers instead of trying to find semi/professional writers, yet you didn't even drop a word about my suggestion. Then I realized something...

Hopefully this isn't true, but any producer paying peanuts to their professional workers almost seems to me like a lame attempt to protect themselves legally, so that they can fire their workers anytime while keeping the finished work in the project. The workers won't be able to sue, because they've already been paid. With peanuts. No wonder this project has lost a dozen of candidates. I can see the red flag from miles away.

Sorry for bothering you (and everyone else here) with my rants.
Good luck with your project, and have a nice day.
My avatar is courtesy of Mellanthe

Sleepy
Regular
Projects: Camera Anima
Organization: EXP-resso Mutt
Tumblr: sleepy-does-games.tumblr.com
itch: https://expressomutt

#17 Post by Sleepy »

Another thing is, your scope is way too much for what you're expecting. According to your linked thread (viewtopic.php?f=43&t=43282), you have at least 60 scenarios planned around one enemy type alone. Assuming each scene is about 1500 words (aka, for 5 bucks) that's going to be around 90,000 words for one enemy. Aka, the length of a full blown novel.

You also say in your thread you want to make this your full time job. The payment you're offering goes below minimum wage, let alone the average writer.
W.I.P.

Complete

Image Image

m0RV

#18 Post by m0RV »

I need someone who can afford to invest in this. The price will not rise until the partnership offer is off the table. At that point, I'll be looking for mercenaries, plain and simple.
It's sickening that money seems to be the only motivating factor for so many people. *grunts with disapproval* Anyway, I'm moving my thread to where it will be better appreciated, in the free section, where 5 USD per 1,500 words will be seen as a good rate. Who knows, I could find some self-motivated type. That would make my month.

To all you haters, ciao. And to the rest, see you soon.

johandark
Veteran
Completed: Wild Guards, In Dreams
Projects: Pact with a witch
Deviantart: johandarkweb

#19 Post by johandark »

m0RV wrote:I need someone who can afford to invest in this. The price will not rise until the partnership offer is off the table. At that point, I'll be looking for mercenaries, plain and simple.
It's sickening that money seems to be the only motivating factor for so many people. *grunts with disapproval* Anyway, I'm moving my thread to where it will be better appreciated, in the free section, where 5 USD per 1,500 words will be seen as a good rate. Who knows, I could find some self-motivated type. That would make my month.

To all you haters, ciao. And to the rest, see you soon.
You´re wrong to call them "haters".

Doing wrong things is not a good start for your project, where you have to trust on people to make money and they must trust you.

If you´re sick to think money seems to be the only motivating factor for people who are looking paid projects... probably the problem was from the beginning you were wrong to post this here. "We are a Commercial Project looking for Partners".

Since from the beginning you were lying completely. (The price you were paying was a joke).

So make yourself a favor, admit you made a mistake and don´t call people hater for telling you the plain mistake and truth you made.