Programmer Needed for Quick Visual Novel! [OPEN] [REV-SHARE]

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
TheAlanaleilani
Tumblr: Rabidauthor.tumblr.com

Programmer Needed for Quick Visual Novel! [OPEN] [REV-SHARE]

#1 Post by TheAlanaleilani »

Hello!
I have been successfully freelancing as a writer for a VN company, and after three successful games, I am looking to create my own works under with full creative control. Links to the apps will be included at the bottom! I still have a lot to learn, of course, but I've developed a real passion for otome games and visual novels with real content to go along with the fluff.

This will be a very short project of 3-5 chapters total, with two main love interests, a cyclops boy and an anthropomorphic cow girl. The plan is to release it on Google Marketplace, then Itunes should we have the appropriate success. (Google is much cheaper and easier to get the ball rolling stat wise.) The app will be free, and all revenue will be generated from the ads in the game and split equally among the team.

I am looking for a very straightforward ren'py project, although if you want to insert special interactions, such as Texting, (super short) mini games or the like, I am open to that as well. You are the programmer, so I will defer to your expertise.

The bonus of joining our team is that both the artist (TheCurvyGeek on facebook and DA) and I already have a combined following of 23K from our previous projects. No matter what your work will have a much broader audience than it would have starting out with a following of 0.

We are fairly easy-going, but I am very serious about wanting this project to take off. If you're interested as well, feel free to PM me! I look forward to hearing from you.

Previous works:
(Please keep in mind that the Japanese company that hired me had final say in all of my writing and would often change my words if they thought anything was 'too complicated' to understand. The several moments of broken english are theirs, not mine. I promise.)

Hot Roomies: 20K reviews, between 100-500K downloads on GP
https://goo.gl/Qp7985

Begin Again: 2.8K reviews and 100-500K downloads on GP
https://goo.gl/4P2SUd

Love Spirits: 2K reviews and 50-100K downloads on GP
https://goo.gl/lUs5Wy

l1997

Re: Programmer Needed for Quick Visual Novel! [OPEN] [REV-SHARE]

#2 Post by l1997 »

Sent you a pm.