PROJECT RUBICON - ARTISTS NEEDED [ OPEN ]

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
projectrubicon
Organization: tetrarch games
Tumblr: projectrubicon

PROJECT RUBICON - ARTISTS NEEDED [ OPEN ]

#1 Post by projectrubicon »

Hi everybody !

Project Rubicon is a visual novel that we are currently developing. The story centers around the life and times of Julius Caesar and the fall of the Roman republic. The focus of our VN will be a political drama with quite some romance options, although the focus remains on the politics.

It is heavily based on history and characterizations we have been developing independently for quite a lot of time until we decided to put everything into a big project. We already have four writers on board, me (Cass/agrippa/whatever, projectrubicon's lemmasoft account mod) and three others.

Each one of us has loads of experience with the world of Rome (I'm taking Latin-Greek, Cat and Casey are majoring in Classics and Evi takes a Latin minor.) who will also code the majority of project Rubicon. Unfortunately nobody's got enough time to also take the drawing project on their shoulders or is skilled enough. (I can only do traditional art and am limited in my time)

We are looking for about three artists, one BG artist, a CGI artist and somebody who wants to draw the sprites! (examples of sprites would be several of the big men in the republic, aka Caesar himself . .. Pompey the Great, Cicero .. . ) There will be several backgrounds, I estimate there to be a good ten-fifteen, perhaps more. CGI scenes will be there in abudance - about twenty, and as for sprites, fifteen-ish is a good estimate. We are not looking for people who draw in an anime style, but rather in a gritty semirealistic style, influenced by ancient art. There won't be any hentai to be drawn, it's gonna stay rather sfw.

We're planning payment through a kickstarter and a share in the game's revenues. You can contact us at projectrubicon@zoho.eu but also through tumblr - http://www.projectrubicon.tumblr.com .

Let us know something if you're interested!
Project Rubicon

projectrubicon
Organization: tetrarch games
Tumblr: projectrubicon

Re: PROJECT RUBICON - ARTISTS NEEDED [ OPEN ]

#2 Post by projectrubicon »

Bumping because we have found our CGI and sprite artist, but we still need a BG artist so feel free to apply if you're interested!