A Visual Novel Card Game [Sprite Artists]

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
Allegra Hughes
Veteran
Completed: One Leaf Clover
Projects: Bitter Truth, Two Faced
Organization: Chisa Studios

A Visual Novel Card Game [Sprite Artists]

#1 Post by Allegra Hughes »

Lex the Wizard

Synopsis:
When his mother mysteriously disappears, the young wizard Lex is tasked with finding a new home for his family on the brink of poverty. The land of Dendimir is charming, but Lex knows that terrors lurk within the lands beyond the borders of his former home. Spending every day searching for a home and good things to put in it, Lex encounters many terrifying obstacles.

Lex The Wizard is a strategic card game/exploration game that tells a rich story through the use of dialogue sequences and a consistent theme in art, narrative and mechanics. The player faces off against an AI opponent that represents the mysterious dark forces that stand in the way of Lex’s objective.

Chisa Studios is partnering with TaleMason Interactive and building the game using their framework.

Genre: Adventure, Card Game, Visual Novel

Positions Open:
1 Sprite Artist - Main Characters (Lex + Family)
1 Sprite Artist - Supporting Characters (Misc characters Lex encounters)
*future positions*
1 GUI Artist
1 SFX audio designer - for all the sound effects in the game
1 CG Artist - Used for unique scenes in the main story
1 Animator - for animating particle effects, etc
2 Card Artists - creating all the cards used in the card game mechanic of the game

What we are looking for in our applicants:
Communication
Part-Time Availability
Dedication
Reliability
Passion for the narrative

Deadlines/ Project Pacing:
While we aim for this to be a commercial project, we are currently still in college and therefore we are looking for part-time work. The current plan is a weekly check in with hopes of some work being delivered every week or two. More specifics are dependent on the availability of the hire, the position and estimated delivery on their end. Our biggest focus is communication. We understand everyone has lives, so if assets can’t be delivered in time, we expect you to communicate that to us.

Payment:
We plan to release this project commercially and therefore will be paying our team through the revenue. We will also be launching a Kickstarter with a demo which the team be gaining as well. Specifics on the revenue share will be discussed individually and contracts will be send out prior to the hire joining the project. Individuals should review the contract and sign it if in agreement which will make the contract binding.

Revenue Streams:
Kickstarter
Game Sales (Steam, itch.io)
DLCs
Product Sales (OST, Artbooks, etc)

Art Style
Sprite Artists:
Main Character Artist: The family should be cute, round and be generally more relatable than monsters and other nasty things the wilderness supplies
Supporting Character Artist:The supporting characters from the world, e.g. the Wildernesses’ monsters, are disturbing and as downright frightening as the story allows.

Credit to Sam Luangkhot

Team
Chisa Studios
Producer: Allegra C. Hughes
Creative Director: Marina Maulucci

TaleMason Interactive
Engineer: Will
Last edited by Allegra Hughes on Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:30 pm, edited 4 times in total.

caterwaulings
Regular
Organization: Lux Corona Media
Tumblr: luxcorona

Re: A Visual Novel Card Game [Writer Artists and more]

#2 Post by caterwaulings »

I have submitted an application for the position of writer and hope that I can work with you.
Cate, Novelist & Story Consultant -- See my info here

Venom Wolf
Projects: Tourist Trap
Deviantart: kyroonalanas
itch: infinitestrike

#3 Post by Venom Wolf »

I have sent a PM and an email regarding the writer's position. Hope to hear from you soon!

Allegra Hughes
Veteran

#4 Post by Allegra Hughes »

Hey everyone! Thanks so much for your applications, keep them coming :)

Just so you know, we've received a lot and may take 2 - 3 business days to reply. Thanks for understanding!

Allegra Hughes
Veteran

#5 Post by Allegra Hughes »

Hello Everyone!

I have just finished replying to all emails regarding Lex the Wizard (both to questions and confirming we have gotten your application.) If you have not gotten an email back by now, please reach out because we may have missed it in the process.

Allegra Hughes
Veteran

#6 Post by Allegra Hughes »

APPLICATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED! We are going through everyone's applications and will reach out soon.

Allegra Hughes
Veteran

Re: A Visual Novel Card Game [CLOSED]

#7 Post by Allegra Hughes »

Sorry for the lack of communication. I have been very busy lately. We will reach out tomorrow with position offerings!

Allegra Hughes
Veteran

Re: A Visual Novel Card Game [Sprite Artists]

#8 Post by Allegra Hughes »

Hey everyone! We are still looking for sprite artist applications. We need a main character sprite artist and a supporting character sprite artist!

BreakingMachines
Regular
Projects: Alphateers, BabySteps
Deviantart: causticFish
itch: causticfish

#9 Post by BreakingMachines »

Hi Allegra, I PMed you on the sprite artist position.
ImageImage
Queer game designer, writer, and artist.

NEED ART? http://causticfish.wixsite.com/works

ArcialIntegra
Regular

#10 Post by ArcialIntegra »

Allegra Hughes,
For the card game portion of your story, do you mind if I take a look at the rules and mechanics of the game as well as some sample cards? I want to help you ensure your game is well-balanced as that can be one of the most difficult aspects of game-development, despite seeming like one of the easiest. Don't worry, I am offering this service completely for free and only ask that I be credited IF, and only if, I provide you with any feedback that you find to be valuable for tailoring the game to better fit your needs.