Songs and Symphonies: [CLOSED]

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
hyesunxoxo
Regular
Completed: Reflections ~Dreams and Reality~, High School Otome
Projects: Phantom of the Blooming Rose, Purrfectly Ever After, HEROxTRIO, One Year of Apocalypse,
itch: hyesunxoxo

Songs and Symphonies: [CLOSED]

#1 Post by hyesunxoxo »

The Idea
Songs and Symphonies (not the final title) is a simulation / visual novel idea that I have in mind and would like to pursue. As the title suggests, it's a story centered on music, slice of life and romance. It's going to be an otome as well, hence the different romanceable characters the MC can choose from. I've noticed that there aren't much visual novels and games with the aspect of music involved in the storyline, let alone something that involves orchestras.

Plot
"I want to find where I belong."

Aya Harper, the only daughter of the Harper family, always felt that she didn't belong. Life in the countryside was slow and peaceful, yet she yearned for more. On top of that, Aya holds a gift not every child has: perfect pitch. She learned to play the piano all by herself at the early age of 5 and has an enchanting voice. Despite this, Aya spent her childhood alone. No one wanted to be her friend for she was different, and this shaped her personality.

Her parents and her family never supported her musical talent. Although she had the makings of a prodigy, she never received formal training. One day, Aya obtains a letter that is bound to change the course of her life forever. It is addressed to her from the infamous Greenwell Philharmonic Orchestra, stating that she has to meet someone from the group. The only downside is she has to go to the city.

Everything takes a major turn when she meets the orchestra manager, who brings both good and bad news. Robert Bell, the orchestra's conductor for almost 20 years, died in an accident. Reports show that his wife passed away while giving birth to a young girl and the child died along with her, but it wasn’t the truth. She was kidnapped and never found. After 18 years of searching, Mr. Bell finally found his daughter. It was before he died, when he confirmed that Aya is his real daughter.

He left his will, including his wealth, property and belongings. However, there is one catch. Aya, who just turned 18, must lead and conduct the Greenwell Youth Orchestra into success before she inherits her late father's assets. Mr. Bell was simply the best, and the group is convinced that nobody can ever replace or stand in his place but his own daughter.

Aya refused to believe this bizarre information, yet for a moment, all the pieces of the puzzle fit. She decided to go back to the countryside to confirm the news she received, and he was right. Aya was an orphan before getting adopted by the Harper family. No one knew where she came from and how she ended up in the orphanage, but she wore a golden pin with her first name on it.

Determined to find her place and the truth, Aya decides to live in the city and pursue music not only for her father, but also for herself. As she studies to become the amazing conductor her father was, she also faces the struggles of bringing the chaotic Greenwell Youth Orchestra together, meeting diverse characters along the way. Help Aya find her place and set her heart at ease.

See Plot and World Description Here
See Comprehensive Character Sheets Here
See Detailed Gameplay Features That We're Aiming For Here
Please shoot me a DM for more questions! ^^

About the Project
Songs and Symphonies is something that came into my mind a month ago, and I scribbled little by little until this idea popped. However, currently there's only me working on it and I am well aware that a team is needed to make this happen. I want the project to come to life, hopefully to inspire more people and tug on heartstrings. I have finished writing two VN scripts so far, and have practiced a little branching. As of the moment, nothing is set in stone yet - just the drive and determination to make this magic happen. I will work diligently along with the team and I'm looking forward to it!

Features
So far, the features I have in mind would be:
[*] 6 Routes, 200,000 Words of Gameplay (or more along the way)
[*] Multiple Endings, 2 for Each Route (and no bad endings)
[*] Original Music and Artwork
[*] Stat-Raising System and Relationship Meter
[*] Map Navigation, Shops and Task/Activity Planning [such as studying, writing music, creating lineups, practicing, relaxing, etc.]
[*] Performance Minigame
[*] Calendar and Texting Function (with diverse pre-fabricated choices)
[*] ....and more! but that would be it for now

Compensation
As you know, I am only a student and I can't pay you upfront but I am passionate in making this happen. I am aiming for a successful Kickstarter Campaign just like many others, and if the game makes any bucks. Revenue share is possible as well! However to make this happen, we must work together and create a demo first, content to show people and attract them into the game ^^

Trading
If you would like to trade, I can offer you some of my writing! I can gladly help with world-building, as well as write scenarios, dialogues and short scripts for your games. short sample

Needed Positions
Let's get to the point! Right now there's only me, but I'm totally looking forward to working with people who share the same passion in storytelling, music and art!

That being said, these positions are needed: [please include your portfolio]
Sprite Artist taken by Seul
BG Artist taken by Zylinder
GUI Artist taken
Logo Artist spot taken by Somebody
Music Composer spot taken by Nyanime
Programmer spot taken by NineBells
Marketing / PR Manager spot taken by CeeCeeVA

Contact
Thank you for taking the time to read this and I'm terribly excited to meet everyone! I admit I do not have much experience yet, I'm not even a year into game development either but I hope some of you will like to collaborate ^^ You can reach me through (1) classic DM here in Lemmasoft, (2) my email which is nadine.kiandra@gmail.com and lastly, (3) Discord chat @hyesunxoxo#4892. I'm looking forward to hear from all of you! xoxo
Last edited by hyesunxoxo on Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:11 am, edited 12 times in total.
ImageImageImage
Visual Novel Writer, Project Head and Otome Enthusiast | Hire me to write your stories! [Commissions]

hyesunxoxo
Regular
Projects: Phantom of the Blooming Rose, Purrfectly Ever After, HEROxTRIO, One Year of Apocalypse,

Re: Songs and Symphonies [GxB] [otome] ; looking for a team

#2 Post by hyesunxoxo »

We got our programmer on board! Updated a few things on the thread, hope to see more faces soon! xoxo
ImageImageImage
Visual Novel Writer, Project Head and Otome Enthusiast | Hire me to write your stories! [Commissions]

hyesunxoxo
Regular

#3 Post by hyesunxoxo »

We've found our logo artist and it should be up in less than a week! Meanwhile, thread has been updated and comprehensive character sheets are available for viewing! A lot of positions are still open, hope you can join us! ^^
ImageImageImage

hyesunxoxo
Regular

#4 Post by hyesunxoxo »

I'm proud to announce that we have found our sprite artist, Hivon! It's his first time working on a visual novel, but these works are sweet! We'll be hearing more from him soon :D

Meanwhile, a document presenting the gameplay features that we're aiming for is up. Feel free to view it for whatever purposes! ^^
Attachments
shading_test_2_0_by_hivonart-dbbzj6m.jpg
moonlight_station_by_hivonart-dbkfkfp.jpg
dream_collabart_by_hivonart-dbit8rt.jpg
commission_by_hivonart-dbey1ry.jpg
comission__by_hivonart-dbc1vf0.jpg
aaron_art_trade_by_hivonart-dbi9xer.jpg
ImageImageImage

kjkjmulo
Projects: Chrysanthemum, Lust Selection, Azure Wings, Crimson Gray- Dusk& Dawn, Human Cargo, Ephemeral light-Overture ...... ( more projects name not decided yet)
Deviantart: kjkjmulo

Re: Songs and Symphonies; looking for BG & GUI Artist, Music Composer and Social Manager!

#5 Post by kjkjmulo »

I have sent you a message , hope we can co-operate , I'd love to be a part of your project .

hyesunxoxo
Regular

Re: Songs and Symphonies; looking for BG & GUI Artist, Music Composer and Social Manager!

#6 Post by hyesunxoxo »

We've got applications for numerous positions, but they are still open! Please don't hesitate to send me a DM! <3 Meanwhile, spriting, logo creation (and hopefully BG art when I get some confirmation) is already in the works! Ooh lala ^^
ImageImageImage

hyesunxoxo
Regular

Re: Songs and Symphonies; looking for BG Artist, Sprite Artist

#7 Post by hyesunxoxo »

Music Composer, GUI Artist and Social/PR Manager positions taken! Meanwhile, BG Artist is still open as of the moment and Sprite Artist Position has reopened because of a few reasons. Thank you!
ImageImageImage

Sehaf
Regular
Projects: Demon Lord & Yuki Academy
Deviantart: Sehad

#8 Post by Sehaf »

I do both sprites and Backgrounds.
https://sehad.deviantart.com/
My portfolio is not that updated. But if you look around there are some pictures form different projects I have been on.
My art style is pretty varied depending on what one needs. Though Anime'esk is what I do best and most.

Depending on your skill in writing humor in fantasy setting. I could actually think a trade would be fair depending on the amount of work. Share in payment works as well.

Xesxus
Deviantart: Xesxus

#9 Post by Xesxus »

Hello, I by the name Xesxus I am hoping to work on this project because I love otome game artstyle. I am not exactly sure what sprite art is but I am hoping to take that position if available.
My website: https://xesxus.deviantart.com/
Hope to hear from you soon. :)
[img]https://img00.deviantart.net/ad57/i/201 ... mj.jpg/img]

hyesunxoxo
Regular

#10 Post by hyesunxoxo »

Thank you everyone for your interest! I would like to announce that the Sprite Artist Position has finally been taken by the talented Seul!
Meanwhile, we are still searching for a background artist who can simulate this type of atmosphere into their backgrounds! [We do not own these pictures, all credits go to their rightful owners]
Attachments
Raziel's_House_Magnolia.jpg
15474977680_0d73cfae46_h.jpg
ImageImageImage

hyesunxoxo
Regular

Re: Songs and Symphonies: looking for BG Artist

#11 Post by hyesunxoxo »

Hello! Just posting to say we're still on the lookout for a background artist! It doesn't have to be perfect (because no one is) and super detailed, what we're looking for is artwork than can capture the atmosphere of the game - something light and heartwarming. If you're interested in joining us, here's a quick sketch of Aya that was made by Seul recently to give you an idea of what might and might not match. We're looking forward to finding the last piece of our puzzle (our team)!
Attachments
unknown.png
ImageImageImage

hyesunxoxo
Regular

Re: Songs and Symphonies: [CLOSED]

#12 Post by hyesunxoxo »

Hello guys~! I am proud to announce that we've found our background artist, the talented Zylinder, after a week of searching and our team is officially complete!
I am now closing this thread, and we will be moving to the WIP section very soon! Please look out for us! :D
ImageImageImage