Need Artists, Story Developers, And Programmers For A Unique VN (Unpaid But Possibly Profit Sharing)

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
IAmJam

Need Artists, Story Developers, And Programmers For A Unique VN (Unpaid But Possibly Profit Sharing)

#1 Post by IAmJam »

Hey I’m a Programmer looking for help in writing, illustrating, and coding a very different VN idea. The idea isn’t 100% original as it takes inspiration from Undertale, Doki Doki Literature Club, Mirror Layers, And a few others, however I believe it could become an amazing game with the help I need for it to become real. Essentially it’s a custom engine Virtual Novel that will be coded in GameMaker studio to allow for a point and click portion, as well as an Undertale style combat portion. The reason I need help with writing is because I just have not been able to get anywhere with this without ripping off of other games completely. But so far I have thought of a few major events for the game, which we can discuss after. At the moment, this project is almost as new as can be, so what I’ve shared is just under all the information I have, but if you would like to contribute to making a very unique virtual novel with me, then message me at jamcraft230@gmail.com.

Or reply to this thread since the Lemmasoft forums appreciate public discussion. - Taleweaver

Thanks!

Cindigo
Regular
Projects: Lalia Academy
Organization: LatgolAI
itch: latgolai

Re: Need Artists, Story Developers, And Programmers For A Unique VN (Unpaid But Possibly Profit Sharing)

#2 Post by Cindigo »

Can You elaborate on why You chose GameMaker studio for Your game in contrast to using an actual game engine?

IAmJam

Re: Need Artists, Story Developers, And Programmers For A Unique VN (Unpaid But Possibly Profit Sharing)

#3 Post by IAmJam »

Cindigo wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:44 am Can You elaborate on why You chose GameMaker studio for Your game in contrast to using an actual game engine?
I’m still decently new to Game development so I’m not too sure the advantages and disadvantages to a full extent yet, although I feel it allows more creative control with some of the features I want to add.

Cindigo
Regular
Projects: Lalia Academy
Organization: LatgolAI
itch: latgolai

#4 Post by Cindigo »

Well it is a decent tool for simple to medium complicated games. It's a good first time choice but the thing is it doesn't really use an actual programming language so, if You would have that very specific need or You would want to later go for something bigger You will need to learn things from scratch again. Just be aware of it.