[Closed] Seeking Environmental Pixel Artist for 1-2 Month Production(s)

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
SypherZent
Veteran
Completed: Multiverse Heroes, Space Hamster in Turmoil

[Closed] Seeking Environmental Pixel Artist for 1-2 Month Production(s)

#1 Post by SypherZent »

---=={( We have found an artist. Thank you! )}==---

Hello!

This year I am creating games within 1-2 months, using Ren'Py, and selling them, in order to generate a stable, passive income by the end of 2018.

Between January 14th and February 21st, I was able to fully complete Multiverse Heroes from concept to distribution.
This first game, I have launched for free.

One of the biggest development challenges is the lack of Creative Commons and Public Domain artwork that is consistent enough, and of aesthetic appeal, to create many solid titles this year. For Multiverse Heroes, I decided to integrate various art styles, as it works to an extent, by reflection of the very lore (not all beings would look the same, coming from different Universes).

However, future productions really require aesthetic coherence.

Project Details

The next game that I am producing will not be a Visual Novel.

It is a single player mashup between Battle Royale genre and Roguelike Dungeon Crawler.
Think along the lines of PUBG + Tales of Maj'Eyal + Thirteen Ghosts.

I am presently working with a very experienced music composer and we're at roughly 60% completion!
We're seeking to work with an efficient and reliable Environmental Pixel Artist, who can spice up the existing map with some new assets.
  • Current Requirements
    -> 2-3 more Sci-Fi floor tiles (currently using modified versions of Daniel Cook's tiles)
    -> Walls / Corridors reminiscent of "The Maze Runner" movie.
    -> A large door, like "The Maze Runner", to be used for player spawn locations.
    -> Other miscellaneous props to fill gaps (Levers, Treasure Chests animated with 2-3 frames for opening, Special Chest, etc.)
Note, these requirements may be changed, if new ideas are proposed and are feasibly implementable.

Communication

Team communication is via Discord.
You can run it in your browser (I do not have it installed).
We don't use voice very often, so, no pressure. ^^

Compensation

Due to the minimal amount of assets remaining, compared to the total workload for this production, I would be willing to give 5% of net income, in exchange for the remaining environmental art (abovementioned list, plus any additional assets that may increase Quality of the production within a feasible time frame).

Retail price is still being considered, but will be between $4.99 and $14.99, based on entertainment hours the game can provide, to be gauged during the testing phase, by the testers. This isn't something I can fairly gauge, of my own accord, as everyone plays and enjoys games differently.

For future productions, I would be willing to give a higher percentage, based on the percentage contribution to the project.

For this production, the intended distribution platform is Steam (PC), and possibly Google Play (Android).

Production Deadline

The current production is intended to be released in April, so this is not a long-term project, nor should the required assets take long.
However, ideally I would like the artist to remain onboard for future productions.

So, it would be helpful to consider this partial production, a sort of, building-up-to-the-next-one, where you would have input on what the next game would be, bearing in mind I'm only focusing on 2D / 2.5D games for the time being (no 3D, yet).

Note: This would be a Contract deal.

I am currently not working under, or as, a Corporation, so this would be a personal contract between myself and the artist, rather than a corporate entity and the artist.

Final note: I am working 15-20 hours daily, since December, with barely any breaks. I'm not asking for the same level of commitment, but I would appreciate daily feedback on progress, and full transparency, the same way I work. I don't get angry at mishaps, we all commit them. However, anything that may risk delay of release, really has to be notified. This helps me, as producer, to adapt the project's need and circumstances, which is an ongoing process (as displayed by this post occurring at 60% completion of the current production, lol).

Feel free to PM me or simply comment on this post for consideration!
Just please be sure to include portfolio of your past work, as it really helps to gauge potential.

Thank you!
Creator of Multiverse Heroes & Space Hamster in Turmoil

Want me to code your game?
Check my services thread!