*updated* (BACKGROUND LINEARTIST/ARTIST NEEDED) Looking for the fourth and final partner for a commercial visual novel

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
Xanedis
Projects: Project LB
Tumblr: xanedis
Deviantart: Xanedis

*updated* (BACKGROUND LINEARTIST/ARTIST NEEDED) Looking for the fourth and final partner for a commercial visual novel

#1 Post by Xanedis »

**UPDATE 3.9.2018** As of this date, we're looking for the final regular team member and revenue sharer in our project. You'd need to be a background artist with a solid sense of composition and object recreation. The cleaner you can do this, the better. Being able to fill in for any gaps in the director's imagination is always a plus, but not necessarily required. If you're a diligent and conscientious person, contact me and we'll see if your skills are up to snuff. Make sure you can afford to spend 1(+) year on a single project.

**UPDATE 23.10.2018** Fixed the wrong email... It was wrong for almost two whole months. *facepalms*

Story details

This story is a "Middle-Eastern fantasy", meaning that it takes cues the from the Middle-Eastern culture, but with additional elements added into the mix.

Title: Blood of the Immortal(name-to-be-decided)

Genres: Fantasy, drama, action, mystery(ish).

Story themes: Free will, fate, shades of morality and friendship(and also what breaks it).

Premise: Their world began to decay when the God-King died. Now the desert kingdom of the South slowly awaits its approaching demise, the desert itself slowly creeping ever further northward. In the capital city, two people get involuntarily drawn into a conflict far beyond their control. What is the end result of the machinations of the great, and what part do these two have in this puppet dance of fate?

Magic system: In this world people get magical abilities by bonding with magical items. Every single person is supposed to have bonded with one(and only one), and not having done so is a crime of religious proportions. These magical abilities cannot be used at wanton, but rather carry with them a "Cost" - a price of usage unique to every item. Thus, people with low cost abilities tend to ascend quickly on the social ladder, and people with specific ability types tend to earn instant respect and livelihoods depending on the culture in question. The reverse is also possible - certain ability types are highly abhorred and stigmatized, leading to exclusion and persecution. And while the idea of having supernatural abilities sounds awesome on paper, these magical items come with another major caveat - if they break, their contractor dies.

Main characters:

Sari: An upbeat, half-native Lifeblood(those magical items mentioned earlier) researcher. Surprisingly sharp for someone who projects such an aura of pigheadedness. She can bear grudges for a long time and has a fruit addiction.

Elir: Moody individual from the North, Elir's looks are almost a direct opposite of Sari's: he has a blonde hair and a fair skin, and his eyes are blue. He is taller than Sari, though - no mean feat, seeing as Sari is taller than most women. Matter-of-fact and curt in personality, Elir loves to read books about different kinds of flora and fauna.

Visual/kinetic novel progress:
WRITING PROGRESS: Fully outlined. The initial draft of the prologue is complete, and I am now halfway through writing chapter 1(out of 7 chapters, discounting the prologue).
MUSIC PROGRESS: 1%(a basic outline of the required musical pieces has been created)
PROGRAMMING PROGRESS: 3% Some systems - like the sprite placement system and text box - are in place. We're using Unity.
ART PROGRESS: 4% We are currently creating the first sprites for Elir and Sari(their concepts are complete)

Important information

The story has four story arcs, out of which the first one works perfectly as a standalone(and that's the one that we're searching a creative partner for). If you have a short attention span or if you cannot commit long term, please look the other way. However, if you're diligent and prudent in your work, then please do contact me if you're interested in this project.

Contact information

Email: xanedis.work@gmail.com
Discord: Xanedis#3323

Payment and sales revenue

Unfortunate as it is, our team cannot currently hire people for proper money. We can't give you promises of lavish success either - only that we'll do our best to bring a good project to the market. Once the project is launched, all profit(whatever the amount) will be shared evenly amongst the creators of this game(except if someone has done clearly more work than the other partners, in which case we'll renegotiate the sharing amounts in the spirit of teamwork and co-operation).

Finally, I hope to find fantastic people to work with here on Lemma Soft Forums, but I understand if people are too busy to undertake a commercial project like this.

Now that everything has been said, I'm going to recline in my chair and wait for the replies.

Thank you for taking the time to read through this post.

Xanedis
Last edited by Xanedis on Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:32 pm, edited 60 times in total.

drs__

Re: **UPDATED** Writer seeking for artist(s), programmer(s) and composer(s)

#2 Post by drs__ »

Hey, I'd be interested in composing for this project! I'm a US-based composer who's been writing music for 5 years and I'm currently trying to get into game scoring as a living (because, I'm gonna be real, the music I make doesn't pay the bills). Here's some examples of my work, which admittedly has a tendency to be all over the place style-wise but I can commit to a more distinctively VN-ish style if needed:

This is the opening piece of my 2016 record Shrouded in Light, I wanted a mysterious vibe to open the album on, to build tension to be released with the subsequent songs.
https://tsunxmi.bandcamp.com/track/madisonskyline-wav

I wrote this last night because I wanted to write a loop that sounded distinctively VN-y, and still had a B-section with a tension-building chord progression to contrast the A section's light melancholy.
https://clyp.it/grnh1dd0

This is a piece from a record I did under the name "the haymarket affair" that primarily blended laid-back jazz fusion with heavy metalcore sections. I especially want to highlight the first half of this song, where I used interlocking melodic lines to create an atmosphere of melancholy.
https://thehaymarketaffair.bandcamp.com/track/the-rains

Here's my portfolio, largely comprised of music from 3 projects that are currently in development.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1kmP6h ... cxEYkf8NcF

I'm extremely flexible, having worked in pretty much any style you can think of, and can adapt to pretty much any style you need me to. Basically, just tell me what you need for any given part of the VN and I'll be able to make a pretty good song out of it. I work extremely fast for fairly cheap, and am very flexible on rates.

If you're interested in hiring me, let me know either via PM or by emailing me at dravenstedman@gmail.com.

Thanks for your time.
--- draven r stedman
ava stedman // wisconsin-based composer and multi-instrumentalist
she/they

Xanedis
Projects: Project LB
Tumblr: xanedis
Deviantart: Xanedis

#3 Post by Xanedis »

I sent you a PM(so as not to derail the public discussion on this thread).

DahliaWilder
Regular
Completed: Imre's curse -The Prologue-, Secrets Unsung, Secrets Untold, Angels With Scaly Wings, Generations Rise, The Light at the End of the Ocean
Projects: Angels With Broken Hearts, Battle Royale For Your Heart, Camp Palut, 51ur8-90
Deviantart: Dahlia Wilder

#4 Post by DahliaWilder »

E-mail sent :)

gintokidev
Completed: Novator 3D, Body Pillow Simulator, Doki Doki Lit Club, Garden of Machines, Devious (Top Hat Studios),.
Projects: Shinoto Maginal Girl Game Project
Deviantart: Gintokidev

Re: **UPDATED** Writer seeking for artist(s), programmer(s), composer(s) and a sound designer

#5 Post by gintokidev »

HI, I'm an amateur artist looking or an opportunity to work with backgrounds, here are some of my previous works what I made in NaNo, I like to work with 2D art and 3D renders + recoloring.

https://www.deviantart.com/gintokidev/a ... -748122990

https://www.deviantart.com/gintokidev/a ... -740164442

https://www.deviantart.com/gintokidev/a ... -732866140

https://www.deviantart.com/gintokidev/a ... -732867599

https://www.deviantart.com/gintokidev/a ... -742026315