Looking for a Background Artist for Yaoi Game

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
LegendEx
Regular
Completed: Imre's Curse: The Prologue, Secrets Untold, Snowdrop, Summer at Marisol Bay
Projects: Battle Royale: For Your Heart!, Secrets Unsung
Tumblr: LegendExGames
itch: legendex-games

Looking for a Background Artist for Yaoi Game

#1 Post by LegendEx »

Hi everyone! My team and I began working on Virtual Hearts for Yaoi Jam 2018, but decided the scope was way too large to finish in only two months. So, we've decided to take our time creating it in order to make it the best game it can possibly be. We are currently still working on the demo, but would like to take on a background artist to help set our game apart from others.

On Benson’s birthday, he makes a wish for his life to be more exciting. That same day, he receives a video game he’s never heard of in the mail from a distant relative. What happens when one of the characters jumps out of the screen and into Benson’s bedroom? He must be dreaming….right? Now, Benson must take care of the guy and make sure he can get back to his world in one piece!
Genre: Comedy, Romance, Drama, Slice of Life

The full WIP thread can be found in my signature under "Virtual Hearts" where you can see the style of art we're working with.

What We're Looking For:

We are in need of 2 different styles of background art, and as such are fine hiring two different artists.

The First:
Will need to have a more cartoony style. An example of a sprite that would be on top of the BG is as follows:
(Done by Hey! Tunes)

For this style we are looking for 1 or 2 space themed backgrounds (A space ship interior and perhaps a galaxy).

The Second: This is more classic in style. We need an "anime"-esque style of background art to match this kind of sprite art:
(Done by OSCEN)

For this style we'll need 8 backgrounds done, mainly of a city and house setting. Some will need different time of day variations.

Payment:

I will be paying out of pocket for backgrounds used in the demo, though I am on a tight budget. I will pay per background completed (if possible), through paypal only. For the full game, I will be needing more backgrounds from you and you will be paid through funds obtained in a crowdfunding campaign. So, please only apply if you're looking for long time work! If interested in applying, please message me with samples, your rates, how quickly you can complete some backgrounds, and if you're willing to stay on board after the project is potentially crowdfunded. Thanks!

xShiroy

Re: Looking for a Background Artist for Yaoi Game

#2 Post by xShiroy »

Sent you a PM

Cheers!

nobutsuna
Regular
Projects: My Heart's Flame, 7KPP, Memories of Summer Winds, Requiescence

Re: Looking for a Background Artist for Yaoi Game

#3 Post by nobutsuna »

Hi there, I have sent over with a PM :)
================================================================