[Closed] Looking for artists for a story-driven linear VN

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
Kyoki Chiho
Regular
Completed: Nijowari: Where Angels Fall, Swimming Admiration, Love Season (Associate Writer), Neon Nights 2, Right Swipes (Associate Writer), Erfigardr, Eris, Sky Resort, Dawnbreaker Aeon's Reach, Succubus Summon, Negligee: Opposites Attract/Girls Night
Projects: Spiral of Depravity, When Darkness Lingers, Hearts on Canvas
Organization: Tsukiakari Studios
itch: kyoki-chiho
Discord: Kyoki Chiho#6586

[Closed] Looking for artists for a story-driven linear VN

#1 Post by Kyoki Chiho »

Hello guys! It's my first time posting something here so if I mess up or unknowingly break any rules, please tell me so I can solve the issue asap.
Well, enough introductions, let's get to work!
  • Project summary
Right now, we are 2 writers, 3 composers and 1 artist creating a linear story-driven VN.
Like the title says, we need artists, but I'll explain in detail what I actually want below.
The first release, that is to say this project, is based on two big stories.
Depending on this project's success more releases will be done, so whoever accepts working with us will have more work in the future!
At any rate, the first story is at 95% (70k words. It requires some minor changes but the story's quality is very solid) and the second one is at 95% as well(10k words. It also requires some minor changes).
The story is set in the future, around the years 2020-2050 and it's explained through different POVs.
The main genre is sci-fi but it covers a wide range of topics. Some of them rather hard to digest.
You will find attached a teaser so you can have an idea of what the project's about. The real thing is much better than the teaser :P
It's a txt file, but I suggest using GhostWriter to read it.

I've also uploaded a couple images of our current artist so you can see what kind of art we want. Both the sprites and the CGs MUST have the same art style (or at least it must be very similar). Backgrounds can have a different style.
  • Payment
What everyone really cares about, right? Ahaha
Like most projects in this sub-forum, I cannot offer immediate payment, salary nor a fixed wage ( I wish I could) so, instead, what I'm offering is rev-share and a free copy of the game when it's finished. I hope you find this fair enough.

EDIT : When we have a more "tangible" project we will start a funding campaign in Kickstarter. We will pay with royalties of the game if the funding is unsuccessful. And if the funding is successful we will pay for everything that has been done and will be done, but in order to pay for what has been done we would need to agree on a price first. I would personally like to have an "alpha" before December. The sooner we do the Kickstarter campaign the sooner you will be able to see some money!
  • Coder CLOSED
Truth be told, I don't know how much work it actually is to code a VN, but since it is linear with only a few choices that only change the outcome of the text, I would say that what it has to be done is not exactly backbreaking. The game relies on SFX, so that's an important part the coder must take into account.
Apart from that, well, I guess that it must have what other VNs have: Appealing GUI, scene changes, text log, save/load features and so on.
  • Background artist CLOSED
Right now, the project has no art whatsoever. We need everything, starting with backgrounds.
There are quite a lot of backgrounds that will have to be done, surely more than 10, so it's a considerable job.
  • CG artist CLOSED
Just like the background artist, there are quite a lot of CGs that need to be done. 10 or more. Yet again, a considerable job.
However, there are some CGs that are going to be quite challenging because they rely on reflections, light effects and the like.
Also, some CGs contain mature content (violence and nudity) , so the artist must be fine with that.
  • Character/sprite artitst CLOSED
This release will have less than 10 characters, but most of them are secondary, so they don't imply much work. On the other hand , the main characters will be trickier:

They will change their clothes( only a couple times so it's not actually worrying) and they'll have many facial expressions, ranging from heartbreaking sadness to radiant cheerfulness.

Finally, there is a scene with nudity, so the artist should be fine with that as well.

A single artist can apply for multiple positions if he/she thinks he/she can do it, which will result in more royalties/money for him/her at the end!
  • Composer CLOSED

Sadly, just like the art, we have no music. The music must be somewhat futuristic and seamless. It has to be "loop-able" so to speak.
Around 5-10 tracks will be needed.
  • Final comments
And I think that's all. If you want to take part of this project, please send an email to the following address kyokichiho@gmail.com stating what position/s you want to apply for. If it's related to art or music, please send a sample of your work. I don't mean to question you or your work, I'm sure you guys are all excellent artists/composers, but I would like to see if it would fit the VN :)

Time is NOT an issue right now, which means that if you want to work for us you will have a flexible schedule.

No deadlines, but it would be nice to have an alpha before December.

Just get the job done in a reasonable amount of time.

If you have any questions regarding the project you can either email me or post a message here. I'll make sure to answer you as soon as I can.

Well, thank you very much for your time!
Hopefully we will be able to make this a big success!
Attachments
In-game character sprite. It's a draft. The finished version should look better than this.
In-game character sprite. It's a draft. The finished version should look better than this.
PROJECT TEASER v.2.txt
This file will help you have an idea of the project. The juicy parts are missing, of course •̀ᴗ•́
(14.69 KiB) Downloaded 68 times
Last edited by Kyoki Chiho on Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:53 pm, edited 11 times in total.

ePLix
Soundcloud: ePLix

Re: [Open] Looking for coders, artists and composers for a story-driven linear VN

#2 Post by ePLix »

I send you a email.
Looking forward to it!
Cheers,
ePLix
Cheers 8)
ePLix

Kyoki Chiho
Regular
Completed: Nijowari: Where Angels Fall, Swimming Admiration, Love Season (Associate Writer), Neon Nights 2, Right Swipes (Associate Writer), Erfigardr, Eris, Sky Resort, Dawnbreaker Aeon's Reach, Succubus Summon, Negligee: Opposites Attract/Girls Night

Re: [Open] Looking for coders, artists and composers for a story-driven linear VN

#3 Post by Kyoki Chiho »

ePLix wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:52 pm I send you a email.
Looking forward to it!
Cheers,
ePLix
Hello ePlix,
Have you sent an email? I'm afraid we haven't received it :/
Try sending it again, but if you want, you can send me a PM or post it here.
Thanks for showing interest though :)

ePLix
Soundcloud: ePLix

#4 Post by ePLix »

Yeah. There was a problem with the email, but no problem.
I sent you a PM.
Looking forward to it!
Cheers
Cheers 8)
ePLix

Muzozavr
Regular

#5 Post by Muzozavr »

OK, I'll apply as a composer. I don't really do realistic orchestra, but I can do semi-electronic work.

I need to do some important things IRL today and I'll write you an e-mail afterwards. I just have to figure out which tracks I should highlight as showcase examples that would fit your project direction and I'd prefer thinking about that after I do today's important stuff. :wink:

But yes, later today I'll be writing an e-mail as a composer.

EDIT: Done. If you see an e-mail from "Muzozavr AKA Whatever Productions", that's me. :wink:

Kyoki Chiho
Regular

#6 Post by Kyoki Chiho »

Muzozavr wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:06 am OK, I'll apply as a composer. I don't really do realistic orchestra, but I can do semi-electronic work.

I need to do some important things IRL today and I'll write you an e-mail afterwards. I just have to figure out which tracks I should highlight as showcase examples that would fit your project direction and I'd prefer thinking about that after I do today's important stuff. :wink:

But yes, later today I'll be writing an e-mail as a composer.

EDIT: Done. If you see an e-mail from "Muzozavr AKA Whatever Productions", that's me. :wink:
Hello Muzozavr,
We've correctly received your email. We will answer you as soon as we can.
Thanks for showing interest!

kostek00
Regular

#7 Post by kostek00 »

I sent you email.

Lukedoc321
Regular
Projects: Go! Go! Democratic People's Republic of Korea!, Project BEAT
Soundcloud: Luke Dougherty

#8 Post by Lukedoc321 »

Hi! I really like your concept and would love to have the opportunity of being a composer. I'm a professional, classically trained composer, and I can work with whatever budget you'd like. I am heavily experienced in orchestral works, but I also am trained in many styles. Here are some of my tracks:

https://soundcloud.com/lukedougherty/sets/portfolio

Here is my professional portfolio site, if it is relevant, as well: https://lukedocstudio.com/

I have previously worked on "Stay! Stay! DPRK" and am currently working on "Chemically Bonded".

Kyoki Chiho
Regular

#9 Post by Kyoki Chiho »

kostek00 wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:38 pm I sent you email.
Hello kostek00,
We have received your email and we have answered it as well.
Thank you

Oniplus
Tumblr: onidoubleplus

Re: [Open] Looking for artists for a story-driven linear VN

#10 Post by Oniplus »

I have sent you an e-mail~

Kyoki Chiho
Regular

#11 Post by Kyoki Chiho »

Oniplus wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:18 pm I have sent you an e-mail~
Hello Oniplus,
We have received multiple emails. Which is your email name?
Thanks for your time.

Oniplus
Tumblr: onidoubleplus

#12 Post by Oniplus »

Kyoki Chiho wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:20 am
Oniplus wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:18 pm I have sent you an e-mail~
Hello Oniplus,
We have received multiple emails. Which is your email name?
Thanks for your time.
I am shikoshikokame@gmail.com

Kyoki Chiho
Regular

#13 Post by Kyoki Chiho »

Oniplus wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:53 am I am shikoshikokame@gmail.com
Alright, we'll keep in touch.
Thank you.

SaputraD
Deviantart: https://www.devianta

Re: [Re-Opened] Looking for artists for a story-driven linear VN

#14 Post by SaputraD »

I have sent you an e-mail. my email : deanzasaputra@gmail.com

Kyoki Chiho
Regular

Re: [Re-Opened] Looking for artists for a story-driven linear VN

#15 Post by Kyoki Chiho »

SaputraD wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:08 am I have sent you an e-mail. my email : deanzasaputra@gmail.com
We've received your message. We will answer it as soon as we can. Thank you