Do you have what it takes to be an Idol?
Take the role of a fledgling Idol student in a story filled to the brim with ear-grabbing melodies, soul-binding friendships and eye-catching boys that will set your heart on full-time "doki-doki" mode!
Learn more about the game here: viewtopic.php?f=43&t=54297&p=507421#p507421
Official Website: https://www.i-duelproject.com/
A hybrid Yaoi Visual Novel and Role Playing Game, players control the protagonist (default name: Yuuki Nekota) as he attends the prestigious Andromeda Academy, a school for male Idols. Upon arriving, he realizes that the Academy uses virtual simulation technology known as the I-DUEL System to manage and evaluate their students. The I-DUEL Battle is a core aspect in this System, where two or more Idols duke it out on a simulated stage with the intent of "knocking out" the competition. To climb the ladder to stardom, the protagonist must use his time wisely to attend classes, train each of the eight unique Idol Stats and win as many I-DUEL Battles as possible, using clothing and accessories known as I-Décors to get ahead! The end goal is to emerge victorious in the Academy's year-end musical festival of stars, the Dream Idol Coronation (DIC)!
However, there's more to school than studying to be the very best! The main character can form friendships, rivalries and even romances with their schoolmates! There are twelve major characters that can be dated, each with their own unique personalities, principles and plot progression to follow! These same people can also be partnered up on I-DUEL Battles, forming parties known as Idol Units! One such Idol Unit is MYTH4, with their current titles as Crown Princes, having won the previous year's DIC. A member of this Unit even has a connection to our protagonist - the Unit leader Sora Torao, who once helped him out from a bind and inspired him to take the arduous path of an Idol!
Even with his days busy with classes, clubs and cultivating closeness with his companions, the protagonist also struggles with a unique power only bestowed to him - the Copycat. Though an Idol possesses an I-Bility - a special yet exclusive skill that can trigger in I-DUEL Battles - the main character has the rare and mysterious gift of learning and using more than one. Why did the I-DUEL System grant this peculiar but incredible power to him? What kind of legacy will you lead him to? His fate splits into many roads, which one is the right path to take?
- Claim the title of best Idol in the school! Attend lessons, take auditions and aim for the gigs that will propel you to stardom! Every moment counts, so manage your time to hone each of the eight Idol Stats that measure your true star potential~
- Compete in hot-blooded I-DUEL battles! Idols just don’t sing and dance, they duel to the last man standing~ Fight in turn-based battles with the intent of depleting your opponents’ Live Points, unleashing charming Appeals, explosive Specials, shocking Counters and more! Who knew Idol shows could be this entertaining?!
- Challenge your rivals and team up with friends! The road need not be taken alone~ Find people to form Idol Units with or compete against in the search for the event with the best rewards! Whichever path you take, you’re sure to get closer and closer!
- Cultivate friendships, romance and more?! Twelve unique boys with their own strengths, shortcomings and stories await you! With their fates so closely intertwined with yours, to whom will you selflessly share your spotlight with?
- Collect outfits, gossip, pictures and musical pieces and experience unique endings! Explore the campus and the town, experiment with I-Décors and examine every little thing that catches your attention! Every choice you make leads you to a different path, so be brave and grasp the ever-changing future with your own two hands…
- Must be comfortable with BL, Shounen-Ai and Yaoi (does not need to be a fujoshi or a fudanshi, but is preferable) and 18+ scenes (you have to be an adult, of course; sorry but minors doing 18+ scenes is a big no-no)
- Must have some knowledge about Japanese Idol anime and manga (Aikatsu is a big inspiration for the battle system, but for story and characters, I suggest shows like Idolish7 and games like Ensemble Stars)
- Must be dedicated and can work on deadlines (I'm not strict, don't worry, but I'm a stickler with time management, so I better get that out before we start working)
Available Positions for Recruiting:
- PROGRAMMER - CLOSED
- VOCALIST - CLOSED
Please e-mail me directly at email@example.com. I am rarely notified by PMs and if they do, they go straight to my Spam folder for some reason. I might need to adjust some settings, but I'll do that later. Just put a brief intro, what you want to do for the team and some samples of your work. We'll discuss details later.
I plan to release I-DUEL as a commercial game, so I'm going for the Kickstarter route. However, I know how difficult it is to work without remuneration (we have to eat sometimes) so I am willing to pay upfront or on a commission-type basis.