I-DUEL: A Battle for Stardom! Recruitment [BxB] [18+] [Idols] [CLOSED]

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
mjinx
Regular
Projects: I-DUEL: A Battle for Stardom!
Organization: Jinxiee Games
itch: jinxieegames

I-DUEL: A Battle for Stardom! Recruitment [BxB] [18+] [Idols] [CLOSED]

#1 Post by mjinx »

Do you have what it takes to be an Idol?

Take the role of a fledgling Idol student in a story filled to the brim with ear-grabbing melodies, soul-binding friendships and eye-catching boys that will set your heart on full-time "doki-doki" mode!

Learn more about the game here: viewtopic.php?f=43&t=54297&p=507421#p507421

Official Website: https://www.i-duelproject.com/

A hybrid Yaoi Visual Novel and Role Playing Game, players control the protagonist (default name: Yuuki Nekota) as he attends the prestigious Andromeda Academy, a school for male Idols. Upon arriving, he realizes that the Academy uses virtual simulation technology known as the I-DUEL System to manage and evaluate their students. The I-DUEL Battle is a core aspect in this System, where two or more Idols duke it out on a simulated stage with the intent of "knocking out" the competition. To climb the ladder to stardom, the protagonist must use his time wisely to attend classes, train each of the eight unique Idol Stats and win as many I-DUEL Battles as possible, using clothing and accessories known as I-Décors to get ahead! The end goal is to emerge victorious in the Academy's year-end musical festival of stars, the Dream Idol Coronation (DIC)!

However, there's more to school than studying to be the very best! The main character can form friendships, rivalries and even romances with their schoolmates! There are twelve major characters that can be dated, each with their own unique personalities, principles and plot progression to follow! These same people can also be partnered up on I-DUEL Battles, forming parties known as Idol Units! One such Idol Unit is MYTH4, with their current titles as Crown Princes, having won the previous year's DIC. A member of this Unit even has a connection to our protagonist - the Unit leader Sora Torao, who once helped him out from a bind and inspired him to take the arduous path of an Idol!

Even with his days busy with classes, clubs and cultivating closeness with his companions, the protagonist also struggles with a unique power only bestowed to him - the Copycat. Though an Idol possesses an I-Bility - a special yet exclusive skill that can trigger in I-DUEL Battles - the main character has the rare and mysterious gift of learning and using more than one. Why did the I-DUEL System grant this peculiar but incredible power to him? What kind of legacy will you lead him to? His fate splits into many roads, which one is the right path to take?

• Claim the title of best Idol in the school! Attend lessons, take auditions and aim for the gigs that will propel you to stardom! Every moment counts, so manage your time to hone each of the eight Idol Stats that measure your true star potential~
  • Compete in hot-blooded I-DUEL battles! Idols just don’t sing and dance, they duel to the last man standing~ Fight in turn-based battles with the intent of depleting your opponents’ Live Points, unleashing charming Appeals, explosive Specials, shocking Counters and more! Who knew Idol shows could be this entertaining?!
  • Challenge your rivals and team up with friends! The road need not be taken alone~ Find people to form Idol Units with or compete against in the search for the event with the best rewards! Whichever path you take, you’re sure to get closer and closer!
  • Cultivate friendships, romance and more?! Twelve unique boys with their own strengths, shortcomings and stories await you! With their fates so closely intertwined with yours, to whom will you selflessly share your spotlight with?
  • Collect outfits, gossip, pictures and musical pieces and experience unique endings! Explore the campus and the town, experiment with I-Décors and examine every little thing that catches your attention! Every choice you make leads you to a different path, so be brave and grasp the ever-changing future with your own two hands…
General Recruitment Requirements:
  • Must be comfortable with BL, Shounen-Ai and Yaoi (does not need to be a fujoshi or a fudanshi, but is preferable) and 18+ scenes (you have to be an adult, of course; sorry but minors doing 18+ scenes is a big no-no)
  • Must have some knowledge about Japanese Idol anime and manga (Aikatsu is a big inspiration for the battle system, but for story and characters, I suggest shows like Idolish7 and games like Ensemble Stars)
  • Must be dedicated and can work on deadlines (I'm not strict, don't worry, but I'm a stickler with time management, so I better get that out before we start working)

Available Positions for Recruiting:
  • PROGRAMMER - CLOSED
  • VOCALIST - CLOSED

Application:

Please e-mail me directly at mjinxlei@gmail.com. I am rarely notified by PMs and if they do, they go straight to my Spam folder for some reason. I might need to adjust some settings, but I'll do that later. Just put a brief intro, what you want to do for the team and some samples of your work. We'll discuss details later.

Payment:

I plan to release I-DUEL as a commercial game, so I'm going for the Kickstarter route. However, I know how difficult it is to work without remuneration (we have to eat sometimes) so I am willing to pay upfront or on a commission-type basis.

Thank you for the interest and we hope to hear from you soon~
Last edited by mjinx on Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:27 am, edited 8 times in total.

silverateliergames
Regular

Re: I-DUEL: A Battle for Stardom! [BL] [18+] [Idols] [Team Needed]

#2 Post by silverateliergames »

Not sure if you received my email, but just poking you here in case it went into your spam folder (from a Yuki) xD

mjinx
Regular

#3 Post by mjinx »

UPDATE #1:

WRITER positions are already filled up.

One of the COMPOSER slots had been reserved.

Waiting for confirmations for some ARTIST positions, but it's still available for anyone.

Once again, please send an e-mail to mjinxlei@gmail.com if you're interested.

mjinx
Regular

#4 Post by mjinx »

UPDATE #2:

SPRITE and CHIBI ARTIST positions are no longer available!

However, we are still looking for CG, Background and Logo Artists, Programmers and an additional Composer.

If you're up for it, send an e-mail to mjinxlei@gmail.com.
Last edited by mjinx on Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mjinx
Regular

Re: I-DUEL: A Battle for Stardom! [BL] [18+] [Idols] [Artists, Programmers and Composer Needed]

#5 Post by mjinx »

UPDATE #3:

CG and BACKGROUND ARTISTS and PROGRAMMER positions are CLOSED. All COMPOSER positions have been reserved until further notice. Thanks to everyone who applied!

The only open position is the LOGO ARTIST. Despite general perception, the Logo Artist will not only be working on the actual game logo, but also Idol Unit logos (like MYTH4's) and in-game Idol Brand logos. So, technically, it's not a one-time thing but is more of a continuing yet commission-based arrangement.

I'd like to reiterate again that I won't be able to respond to PMs as swiftly as I'd like, so please send an e-mail to mjinxlei@gmail.com to make sure you'll get a proper reply.

mjinx
Regular

Re: I-DUEL: A Battle for Stardom! Recruitment [BxB] [18+] [Idols] [Programmer] [Vocalists]

#6 Post by mjinx »

UPDATE #4:

We are reopening the PROGRAMMER position and are now hiring VOCALISTS for the game's Idol songs.

Also added the game's thread and website links.

Send an e-mail to mjinxlei@gmail.com if interested!

Brittany Ann
Regular
Soundcloud: brittanyannphillips

Re: I-DUEL: A Battle for Stardom! Recruitment [BxB] [18+] [Idols] [Programmer] [Vocalists]

#7 Post by Brittany Ann »

Hello! This is a very interesting project, do you have a hard deadline for when you need the vocalist applications in by?
Website/Demo ReelFacebookInstagramTwitter
Business Email: brittanyannphillipsva@gmail.com

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except the best."
- Henry van Dyke

mjinx
Regular

#8 Post by mjinx »

Brittany Ann wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 6:52 pm Hello! This is a very interesting project, do you have a hard deadline for when you need the vocalist applications in by?
Hi and thanks for the kind words~ There's no strict deadline per se as of the moment, but out of the 12 vocalists we have in mind, we've recruited only two so far.

UPDATE #5: Added some new requirements for the Vocalist position to expedite the screening process. Specifically, the vocalist should be able to record good quality lead and background vocal parts either in their home studio or have access to a separate recording studio. And we currently require send 2 to 3 singing demos with an instrumental backing track. Acapella is not allowed, however! Lastly, all vocal ranges and styles are still welcome!

We hope to hear from you soon~