Looking for programmers for BxB vn

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
eesy
Regular

Looking for programmers for BxB vn

#1 Post by eesy »

Hi

We are creating a BxB visual novel and in need of an advanced programmer that can create something a little bit more than basic renpy games (we can do it by ourselves if it's the case).
We want to create something similar to oboromuramasa (without the fighting and jumping around. Just walk, investigate items, and talk to different people to progress ).
While it still have the basic elements of a VN obviously, we want to create some scenes where the players can move the character around as seen in this screenshot below.
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/gUWWyu60IkA/maxresdefault.jpg
(Animated characters walking to other characters to trigger a minimal dialogue screen with a portrait at some point)

Other features that we want:
- Character affection points (Just two love interests)
- Investigating items (Click on them, they will have description and might play a role in the progress)
- Album (Once CG is unlocked)
- Branching routes
- Minimal objectives per chapter (Talk to X, Buy X in X place) before being able to proceed to the next chapter.
- Maps (Minimal usage)

Wage can be per project, we have a fairly mid-big budget, as long as you can do your job right. We need someone who can do all of the above.

We prefer if you can create the basic code for that and we will continue on writing the text dialogue script by ourselves so you don't have to stuck around us for so long, but will be around when we need your help in the future / during the entire development, and perhaps post-production as well in case of bugs. Everything will be paid work.

Thank you,
I'm epic noob!

Shie
Regular
itch: shie
Discord: shie_3769

Re: Looking for programmers for BxB vn

#2 Post by Shie »

Does player move only in 2 directions (like in muramasa) or in all 4 (like in RPG Maker)?

eesy
Regular

Re: Looking for programmers for BxB vn

#3 Post by eesy »

@shie
Only 2 directions. Dont even need jump or crouch.
Side scrolling. I dont want something too complex like RPG maker or isometric.
I'm epic noob!