(Open) (Transparent Games looking for co-director)

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
Lavinnia
Regular
Completed: Missing William
Projects: Blackmail High, Dream Lover, Saintess of the Golden Bow, Song of Glass, Dusk and Dawn
Organization: Transparent Games

(Open) (Transparent Games looking for co-director)

#1 Post by Lavinnia »

Hi There!
My name is Anna and I am the director of a new visual novel studio, Transparent Games. Currently I am looking for a co-director for our new project Unravelling the Seams, which is in the early stages of development. Specifically, I am looking for someone who would share the monetary burden with me of fully producing the game until we receive funding from our Kickstarter.
Unravelling the Seams is a furry steampunk visual novel, with heavy themes including anxiety, overcoming your fears and full LGBTQ+ representation. It tells the story of Milos, a huntress dissatisfied with her job, but not confident enough to change professions even though her true passion is dollmaking.
All the staff has been recruited, including artists, writer, programmer, VAs etc.

This is a rough run down of the numbers:
With $5000 (over the next few months) help towards producing the demo, it would be fully funded by 2021. The rest of the production costs would fall under the Kickstarter. The profits from the game would be split 50/50.
I care about the game being made; this is why I am posting this proposal. This game means a lot to me, so I want to find someone that shares the same passion for this project as I do.
You may reach me on:
Discord: Anna Maria Kończak#8840
Email: anna.konczak@op.pl
Or on LSF but I reply faster on discord or email.

Angie
Regular

Re: (Open) (Transparent Games looking for co-director)

#2 Post by Angie »

There is way too little information if you're serious about your proposal. What's the budget plan? What will the investment be spent on, since there will still be a need for Kickstarter? What was your investment into the game, since profits would be split 50/50?
Writer | PL-ENG/ENG-PL translator| Renpy Coder

Lavinnia
Regular
Completed: Missing William
Projects: Blackmail High, Dream Lover, Saintess of the Golden Bow, Song of Glass, Dusk and Dawn
Organization: Transparent Games

#3 Post by Lavinnia »

All the details I am able to provide to those interested. Since profits will be split 50/50 I thought it is obvious that so is the imput, with the 5000 dollars needed.

Angie
Regular

#4 Post by Angie »

It doesn't seem honest to me when you don't even want to share any specific details about the project itself. There are so many question marks before anyone could get interested. I feel 10k $ for a demo is a very huge budget and I rarely see VAs in the demo, for example, often it is a goal of Kickstarter. As ironical as it seems, you don't seem very transparent, the information you provide is vague and I don't see why can't you publicly explain what so far was funded with your part, or what sort of gameplay the project will have, how many characters, how much writing is planned to be done, etc.
Writer | PL-ENG/ENG-PL translator| Renpy Coder