[CLOSED][PAID][GUI] Looking for GUI Artist for Romance/Mystery Visual Novel

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
HydeEL
Projects: Crimson Sunrise VN
Organization: Esoteric Legacy

[CLOSED][PAID][GUI] Looking for GUI Artist for Romance/Mystery Visual Novel

#1 Post by HydeEL »

Who We Are:
We’re the developers of Crimson Sunrise, a romance/mystery visual novel. This is a passion project of ours, but also a paid and professional endeavor that we'd love to share with you! We are relatively early in development with the common route and are working on polishing our upcoming public demo.

Our team is equipped with a Lead Developer, Head Writer, composer, programmer, voice actors, and sprite/concept artists.

Story Synopsis:
Welcome to Hinode Academy, home to the brightest minds and cutest girls in Shinku City and all of Japan, as well as a terrible "curse". Every three years, students are found dead, and their cases are quietly closed after little investigation, conclusion or justice. You play as Hideki, an academic prodigy and the latest unsuspecting transfer student to the renowned Academy. As you discover more about the city, you’re drawn deeper into a web of conspiracy that threatens your very life, as well as those around you in pursuit of the truth.

Who We’re Looking For:
We’re looking for writers who’re experienced with visual novels and writing within established narratives, with a focus on characters, conversations, and descriptive writing. Majority of writing duties will be spread across the common route and romantic routes (most of which have 18+ themes). Writing will often be a team effort, and our new writer(s) will work with direction from the Head Writer on matters of the script, characters, scenes, etc.

We also need a background artist who’s capable of drawing high-quality depictions of the surrounding city and various locales. This includes city streets, restaurants, homes, natural environments, etc.

Also, if you have any experience with graphic/web/UI design please let us know, as we're looking to improve upon the default UI that Ren'Py provides for our visual novel.

We've had quite a few music tracks composed, but need a new composer to help us round the soundtrack out further with ambient music and character themes.

On the financial end, we're more than happy to negotiate rates and payment methods with you on a case-by-case basis.

If you’re interested in joining our team, please contact us via email at realesotericlegacy@gmail.com or via Discord at Hyde#6896 for more info!

Please include descriptions/attachments of your past experience and writing/art samples if available, thank you!

You can check out some of our VN’s prior progress updates at the link below:
https://www.indiedb.com/games/crimson-sunrise

EDIT: The positions mentioned are now filled and closed, thanks to everyone for their interest! We'll probably have openings in other areas in the future.
EDIT 2: The GUI position opened back up, we're reviewing prior applicants and accepting new applications for it.
EDIT 3: We plan on opening a new job post for the GUI position since it's been a while and we still need one.
Last edited by HydeEL on Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:16 am, edited 7 times in total.

PurpleMind
Regular
Completed: I contributed to 22 visual novels so far!
Projects: Kosmos Connections, Black Heaven, The Inn Between, Sugar Service, Driftwood, The Glass Coffin, Heart Agency
Discord: Marek Domagała#1778

Re: [OPEN][PAID][Writer][Background Artist][GUI] Looking for Writers/Background/GUI Artist for Romance/Mystery Visual No

#2 Post by PurpleMind »

Hi! I know this thread is about other positions, but I'm taking two minutes of your time hostage to see if you'd be interested in having a professionally composed & implemented soundtrack. :D

CeeCeeVA
Regular
Projects: Celflux Animation as the voice of Shandrita
Tumblr: CeeCeeVA

Re: [OPEN][PAID][Writer][Background Artist][GUI] Looking for Writers/Background/GUI Artist for Romance/Mystery Visual No

#3 Post by CeeCeeVA »

I would love to help out with writing if you are still looking for writers. I can also add in my voice over devices if you are in need of that as well. You can reach me at my email: CeeCeeVA@yahoo.com for inquiries on the writing positions.
Voice Actress, Casting Director, Writer & Director

https://ceeceeva.wixsite.com/chasityconner

Animation Demo Reel:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/10plH50 ... p=drivesdk

For VO inquiry:
CeeCeeVA@yahoo.com

RockStar8

#4 Post by RockStar8 »

Hello! I am a Ren'Py programmer and GUI designer. I think a well crafted GUI, that matches the game theme, is as important as the other aspects of the game. After I get to know how you guys want the GUI to be, I will be making all the assets required for the GUI on Photoshop/Illustrator. I worked on some adult Ren'Py games previously, making custom GUI and adding extra screens and making my own game too (which is not released yet).
I don't have any fixed rates for this kind of work also I don't think there are any universal rates for stuffs like this. I usually like to discuss about the work first and come to a conclusion after determining the difficulty of coding and making assets for the whole GUI (Main menu, Pause menu/game menu/navigation, quick menu, save screen, preference screen and confirmation dialogue) or the parts you want to be modified. But, no worries, we can discuss and negotiate this.
Currently I have a lot of free time to put into coding so deadlines/time frames is not an issue for me. Just let me know your preferred target date.
I sent you a request on Discord and we can discuss this further on Discord if you are interested. Thanks

Sterkiherz
Regular
Projects: Comic: Miraclewish; Visual Novel: Murder Mystery Ghost Story (WIP)
Organization: Sterki Herz
Tumblr: sterkiherz
itch: sterkiherz
Discord: sterkiherz#7005

Re: [OPEN][PAID][GUI] Looking for GUI Artist for Romance/Mystery Visual Novel

#5 Post by Sterkiherz »

Hiya~
If you are still looking for an artist I'd love to do it! My style is somewhere in between anime and cartoon and you'll find examples and prices here: https://sterkiherzscommish.jimdofree.com
Thank you so much for reading and have a nice day!
𝓟𝓸𝓻𝓽𝓯𝓸𝓵𝓲𝓸𝓐𝓻𝓽 𝓑𝓵𝓸𝓰 ✦ 𝓓𝓲𝓼𝓬𝓸𝓻𝓭 (sterkiherz#7005) ✦ sterki.herz@gmail.com
~~Feel free to contact me for any questions~~
︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵
𝐻𝓊𝑔𝓈 & 𝒦𝒾𝓈𝓈𝑒𝓈, 𝒮𝓉𝑒𝓇𝓀𝒾 𝐻𝑒𝓇𝓏