[Closed] Seeking programmer for a puzzle visual novel

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
DoubleH
itch: doubleh

[Closed] Seeking programmer for a puzzle visual novel

#1 Post by DoubleH »

Greetings! My name is DoubleH and I'm the main developer of a project called Masada-sensei. It's a mystery visual novel inspired by the Ace Attorney series where a teenage detective girl solves mysteries in her high school. We're currently looking for a programmer to work on a demo from the ground up.

The demo would contain the following elements:
    A simple exploration system. The player would be capable of "moving" from one location to another, talk to people in any order and point and click their surroundings.
      An Inventory system. This inventory would contain detailed information about in-universe evidence and it would be categorized between physical evidence and character profiles.
        A somantic puzzle mechanic called "Deductions". Deductions are essentially a "mad libs" type of puzzle where the player is meant to answer a question by putting together a sentence from several options. Think of Clue: "[Professor Plum] killed Mr. Body with the [Wrench] in the [Library]". In our game, the player would essentially do the same, select a suspect from a list, or an object from a list or an action from a list in order to put together the answer.

If you need more details or you're interested in this job, DM me here or contact me on discord at: DoubleH#3818

Thank you for your time and have a nice day.