[Closed] [Story and Script Writer] Seeing Talent for BL/BxB Visual Novel

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
zex

[Closed] [Story and Script Writer] Seeing Talent for BL/BxB Visual Novel

#1 Post by zex »

This project has been put on hold.

A Bit About Me
Hi! My name's Zex! (real name will be provided when we start working!) Three things I love, it's music, video games, and great storytelling.

The Project

Synopsis
Evan, an unenthusiastic senior at Hilltop High, decides to join the wrestling team with Hugo, his childhood friend. Join Evan as he finds new friends, adventure... and love? A visual novel that taps into the struggles of relationships, identity, and sexuality.

Setting
The story takes place in modern-day America, namely San Francisco, CA, the "gay capital of the world." Certain aspects of the city (late summers, foggy weather, high public transit ridership, urban walkability) will play a role in establishing the mood of the story.

Characters
View the image here: https://i.imgur.com/vmqfhqp.png (This is one of my earlier works.)

From left to right:
> Max
Element motif: Water 水
Max is a transfer student. His family is constantly relocating due to his father's job. He lacks motivation in sticking to commitments and finds it hard to keep friends. His past relationship and experience with bullying left a scar on him. As a result, he confides in his bubble of music, theater, and other interests.

> Johan
Element motif: Fire 火
Johan: track star, school president, and team captain of the wrestling team. His charisma, popularity, and his innate ability to lead secure his status as a model student at school. However, things take a turn when he finds his reputation crumbling overnight.

> Evan (MC)
Element motif: Wood 木
Evan loves nature and the outdoors, whether it's at a park or in his own backyard. Besides his small circle of friends, he shows no desire to be involved with the school community. That all changes when Hugo and Evan decide to join the wrestling team.

> Hugo
Element motif: Earth 土
Hugo is Evan's best friend since kindergarten. He is clever, crafty, and a bit of a geek when it comes to video games and technology. He enjoys food: eating and baking. Hugo has struggled to express his feelings for Evan--feelings which were further exemplified when Evan joins the wrestling team with Hugo.

> Darrell
Element motif: Metal 金
At a young age, Darrell learned to grow up fast with the help of his older brother because of parents who were unsuited to be parents. He is quick to react, often unapologetically taking charge and speaking up for himself or others. However, he has learned to be untrusting and apathetic to survive in the world.

Plot and Plot Structure
The plot, for the most part, will follow a linear format. When the main route terminates, the game will determine which branching route (or love interest) to progress based on the love-points system (throughout the game, the player's dialogue choice will manipulate the points and thus the outcome). Once the branch has been decided, it is up to the player to continue receiving love points to unlock the good ending.

All branches will have common events (e.g. party, bake sale, graduation) and will follow a similar structure.

Art Style
The characters and sprites will be anime-styled. (Subject to change)

Work Completed So Far

Characters
I have character sheets that describe the characters' outfits, likes/dislikes, personalities, physical attributes, qualities, and more.

Writing
The common route (10 in-game days of varying lengths) is mostly outlined. One branching route has been outlined as well (not as detailed), and the three remaining branching routes are skeletal. I've also written some dialogue here and there; please take a look so you can see what I am looking for:
1) https://pastebin.com/6biG7JmK
2) https://pastebin.com/kvewJFzK

GUI
I also have a solid GUI in place. Take a look here: https://imgur.com/a/mMeBmDP.

Looking For...

I hope you are excited about this as much as I am!

I am looking for a scriptwriter(s) who can...
- flesh out the details of the story and work with what already exists
- bring out character personalities, struggles, and dynamics through dialogue
- discuss and critique ideas respectfully (I'm all ears!)

Additionally, you must be comfortable writing:
-BL/Yaoi
-Casual, easy to read, and profound dialogue spoken by young adults
-With some expletives
-18+ scenes (preferably; will take up a small part of the story)
-Sensitive subjects (including but not limited to being outed, homophobia, and bullying)

I anticipate the total gameplay time to hover around 12 hours. Assuming an average word count of 10,000 per hour, this would mean the story would contain about 120,000 words total. However, that is a rough estimate as it does not factor in the pacing of the story, minigames, intentional pauses, etc.

I am aiming to situate a writer to help (1) complete the story and (2) write the beginning of the script. During this time, you will be paid (It won't be much as it is out-of-pocket, but I am open to discussion). When this early stage of writing is complete, I will then crowdfund the project, seek other talents, and rediscuss rates.

Note: Though I am not actively seeking other talents at the moment (VA, artists, programmers, etc), please notify me of your interest so that I can get back to you!

Contact

For further discussions or questions, reach me via LSF private messages or a reply to this post. Looking forwards to meeting and working with you!
Last edited by zex on Fri Oct 29, 2021 7:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Deepwo

Re: [Open] [Story and Script Writer] Seeing Talent for BL/BxB Visual Novel

#2 Post by Deepwo »

Hey I can't access the dialogue samples you sent!