[Closed][Paid] Looking for a (dynamic) background designer for a long +18 project.

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
Ark_Thompson

[Closed][Paid] Looking for a (dynamic) background designer for a long +18 project.

#1 Post by Ark_Thompson »

Hello,

I'm a game creator who makes adult games. I've already released several games now and I'm currently working with a small team on the next instalment.
You can find more about us here: https://blueaxolotl.com/

We're currently facing the departure of our background designer and we need someone to replace her. You need to be aware of something very important before considering the job:

The background designer we need is meant to create backgrounds during "scenes" (be them +18 or not). They're not meant to draw backgrounds for "conversations" like in a Visual Novel. As such it needs to blend well with the art and coloring of the characters. And for that matter, we ask applicants to take that file: https://mega.nz/file/E0UAVLiY#g59adNr2V ... -7IrCEois8 and make the background themselves based on the rest of the PSD. The background is meant to be the inside of an abandonned shrine (your classical RPG shrine à la Final Fantasy). I'd like applicants to build it the way they want so that it works the best way possible. It doesn't have to be complex or furnished, it's just a test. We'll be judging mainly three elements: perspective adaptability, skill, and the ability to make the background blend well with the rest of the pic.

Now, outside that important thing we're looking for, here are a few other key points you should know before joining us:

- We deal with rather extreme +18 content so make sure you're not faint-hearted.

- The amount of work "SHOULD" be (it'll variate) an average of 9 backgrounds every 3 months (knowing that the complexity might greatly change.)

- The whole game has a Fantasy setting (that gives you an idea of what to expect in terms of backgrounds (castle rooms, nature, wooden houses etc...))

- Ideally we'd like someone invested in the project (being able to talk with the other artists about potential corrections/improvements)

- We work through a Discord server (so it would be nice if you could get it if it's not already the case)

- Lastly, this is meant to be a LONG project (AT LEAST 2 years-long), so we'd like applicants to make sure they can stand the pace before applying. Of course it won't always be the same working speed (August and December are usually the two months where things get a bit slower), but at least, you have an idea of what to expect.

I'll add a last bit of information. Due to the urgency of the situation, November/December will require the artist to make all the backgrounds instead of the 3 months they should have. But that's an exception. Normally, after that, the schedule should be back to normal.

Please, send your applications through PMs.

Thank you very much to all applicants.