[Rev-Share][CLOSED] SOFIA | Looking for Co-writers and Editors + More

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
rainarium

[Rev-Share][CLOSED] SOFIA | Looking for Co-writers and Editors + More

#1 Post by rainarium »

Hiya! I'm developing an iyashikei-inspired, slice of life visual novel called SOFIA. I've been very slowly conceptualizing the project since 2017, growing my art and writing skill, but I figured if I just waited until I'm "good enough" nothing would manifest and development would continue to be slower than molasses.

That's why I've decided to recruit a team to help with this vision and put out a demo before the end of this year! If you enjoyed series such as ARIA, Yuru Camp, or 3-gatsu no Lion, then you maybe more interested in joining.

Complete information about recruitment is in this document: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1SGq ... NMX3xlqkNI

It includes the project's "Why", sample scenes, and character info+pics!

Now for people who would rather not read through a google doc, I'll try to summarize everything here.

## Information

• Genre: Slice of Life, Iyashikei-inspired, Post-Apocalyptic
    Length: 20min - 1hr
    Platform: PC
    Engine: Ren’Py
    Resolution: 1920x1080
    Language: English

## Compensation

At this time, I cannot offer any form of compensation. This recruitment listing is specifically for SOFIA’s demo, which will be entirely free to play.

However, I intend to use the demo as a proof of concept for future crowdfunding. If that stage is reached, and if you decide to stay on the project, we can discuss compensation, rev-share, or commission work using the crowdfund’s budget.

Please treat this as a hobby/passion project. Everyone’s work is unpaid collaborative work. Naturally, if you would like to stay onboard, then you will be greatly considered. Paypal will be the platform of choice for finances.

## Summary

Centuries following the cataclysmic Overgrowth, the lost planet Flora remains to house wide landscapes and a scattered population. Resources are abundant, but a lacking labor force and loss of technology obstruct civilization’s advancement. Life is lulled into an idyllic pace.

Every year, a “sending” is held for adolescents to find an apprenticeship or learn a craft. There also lies an unspoken sense of duty to spread root, revitalizing communities. June has lived as a recluse ever since withdrawing from this rite. Nevertheless, each season’s arrival uncovers new paths towards societal renewal and cultural bloom.

In a struggle to understand their anxieties, mixed with a budding curiosity of the world, June begins a journey. Stumbling along, their first stop is Yuleru, a village settled in a secluded forest. What sort of sites and scenery await there? Breathe in the sweet aroma of Flora and sprout an affection for its colorful spirits, laid-back charms, and timeless culture.

## Who Do I Need Now?

Co-Writers

• Experience in writing natural, nuanced characters and dialogue
    Can craft interesting scenes that do not require tension/conflict
    Excel in writing bubbly and/or energetic personalities
    Worldbuilding, Idea Bouncing
    Botanical Knowledge is also welcome

Editors

• Proofreading
    Improving and/or varying sentence structure and flow
    Upkeeping narrative consistency with the writers

For any position, you must be 18 or turning 18 in 2022.

Additionally, volunteers will sign an operating agreement + NDA (PDF)

There are more positions I'd like to recruit which are all listed in the above recruitment doc.

## Progress

So far, I have a rough outline of the routes and themes for each character. Scripting is about 10% there (1st draft/no editor) and I'm continuing to write and refine from my outlines. I've recruited a programmer and graphic artist as well.

I've also designed most of the main characters, all with at least 3 outfits each. I'd prefer to start working on the sprites after we have the demo script ready.

While I have ideas for the GUI's theme, it will remain basic for this demo. The music used will also be free-for-commercial-use/ royalty free.

About a week ago, I also started a blog as a way to record updates and dev progress publicly, while providing more behind-the-scenes stuff for those interested.

Everything you see here and in the document (except MC's picrew mock-up), was done by me. I'm mainly an artist, so I don't have the greatest confidence in what I've drafted nor my writing ability, but even so I'd like to make this project tangible.

## Links (in case you didn't catch them while reading)

[Recruitment Doc with complete info] https://docs.google.com/document/d/1SGq ... NMX3xlqkNI
[Project Blog] https://rainarium.wordpress.com

## Questions, Concerns, and Criticisms

...are all welcome! I've essentially been a one-man show for SOFIA so there's bound to be a bunch that I can improve on. You can comment here, or send an email to [rainarium@gmail.com]. Thanks a bunch for reading!
for taking the time to read and reply