Looking for Programmers to program my game into an 80 days style visual novel.

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
wyk747

Looking for Programmers to program my game into an 80 days style visual novel.

#1 Post by wyk747 »

Hey everyone. I am looking for a Renpy programmer.

The ideal candidates should have played 80days and know the style. The reason I opt for this style is to create a game first and find an artist later. Right now I am having difficulties finding artists who can be consistent with sprites, CG and background. Artists have difficulty understanding my story, and its hard to find an artist who totally understands the script. So my idea is to make a game and let them play it. Let them experience it.

Therefore, I try to opt for creating a text-only version with the background first, and then issue version 1, let the artist play and then find an artist who love the story to make version 2.

Right now, the assets I have:
  • a few sketches of the main character

a near-complete story 99% in .doc or .pdf format (Around 70 pages)
What I need:
  • A text-only VN game with style resembling 80 days.

The background will be NVL style

When characters talk there are two heads
How we can work?
  • I can send you the story and the assets I have

I can pay you by PayPal or a upwork contract
If you are interested,
  • Please let me know if you have work in these projects before?

How much you want to charge?

How long will it take you ?

What do you expect from me?

What is the most major difficult?

alexei
Regular
Completed: re:shape, Monster Boys Doctor, Hearts and Hexes, The Prince's Heart, Dragon Gazer
Projects: Motifs, Longing for Change, The Sinking of the Dream Chaser, Town of the Damned, Monster Boy Wars
Organization: Funigami
itch: funigami
Discord: alexei#5190

Re: Looking for Programmers to program my game into an 80 days style visual novel.

#2 Post by alexei »

Suggestion: For someone to answer your questions, you'll need to provide more information and clarify a few things. Consider the following questions some of the major difficulties.

etc the UI could take anywhere between a couple of days to several months, depending on a number of factors, such as:
Is this a mobile game or a desktop game (or both)?
Will the UI artist design every screen or do you want the programmer to implement it directly and make modifications as you go (this one will be painful without already having the UI designed, which means extra time & cost).
Will the UI be animated as in 80 days?

Have you ever made or coordinated a VN or game before? If not, you'll probably need someone to do the project management for you and co-ordinate the whole thing. That person will be able to clarify most things for you.

Elliot Dreemurr
Projects: Only You
Discord: 💙 Elliot/Ellie Dreemurr 💙#2000

Re: Looking for Programmers to program my game into an 80 days style visual novel.

#3 Post by Elliot Dreemurr »

if this is still open id b interested 2 know more and talk about it if u like

Nosochek
Github: LastE13

#4 Post by Nosochek »

Hello. If you are still looking for a programmer, then here is my post viewtopic.php?f=66&t=63266 . If you are interested, write. I haven't played in 80 days. But I can fix it quickly if we agree on cooperation