[CLOSED] We're looking for one BG artist and one composer / sound designer for two of our upcoming Visual Novels.

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
alexei
Regular
Completed: re:shape, Monster Boys Doctor, Hearts and Hexes, The Prince's Heart, Dragon Gazer
Projects: Motifs, Longing for Change, The Sinking of the Dream Chaser, Town of the Damned, Monster Boy Wars
Organization: Funigami
itch: funigami
Discord: alexei#5190

[CLOSED] We're looking for one BG artist and one composer / sound designer for two of our upcoming Visual Novels.

#1 Post by alexei »

This is an unpaid project, but we're planning on splitting profits on a revshare basis.

Previous games we've made - https://funigami.itch.io/
Portfolio - https://www.alexitsios.com/p/video-games.html

First VN is a yaoi thriller mystery story with comedic & romance elements, which is around 240k words. The script is completed and in the editing process.

Title: Raymond Keller & the town of the damned

Project Description:
Rackston is a small, predominantly human town in the heart of Texas. Picturesque, it’s known for kindly people and friendly atmosphere. But Ray knows that’s a lie. He grew up in Rackston. And there’s something rotten at its very core. The people lie and backstab each other. Hate is everywhere. And now- now someone has been summoning ghouls each night to attack different areas of the town. And all fingers point to Ray’s childhood sweetheart, Sam, the only magical creature in town. Is it prejudice? Revenge? Or is someone trying to hide their tracks? Can Ray find the real summoner, before Sam is tossed in jail and the key is thrown away.
Second VN is a monster boy adventure inspired by games /anime like Durarara & The World Ends WIth You. This one's in the beginning stages, with 16k written.

Title: Monster Boy Wars
Yaoi monster boys, shady gangsters, and a wild city to tame!
Sexy cat-boys, attractive wolfmen, talking teddy bears, superhuman gangsters, and all sorts of supernatural beings are part of Athens’ daily life. But one urban legend stands at the pinnacle of mystery: the enigmatic Card Dealer who is said to grant people’s wishes.
Ray has been living his entire life in a small town but decides to move to Athens, longing for the exciting life the city can provide. Witnessing the mysterious Card Dealer on his first day, he’s tricked and transformed into a cat-boy. Condemned into a lifetime of trouble, Ray is dragged into an unruly war with ruthless gangs and organized mobs from all over the city.
Fortunately, he attracts the company of a cute wolf-boy and a seductive Mafia boss to help him in his quest.

Attached you will find some art samples for the second VN.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... opia_2.jpg

https://media.discordapp.net/attachment ... height=831

https://media.discordapp.net/attachment ... height=831
Last edited by alexei on Sun Nov 06, 2022 6:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

alexei
Regular
Completed: re:shape, Monster Boys Doctor, Hearts and Hexes, The Prince's Heart, Dragon Gazer
Projects: Motifs, Longing for Change, The Sinking of the Dream Chaser, Town of the Damned, Monster Boy Wars
Organization: Funigami
itch: funigami

Re: [OPEN] We're looking for one BG artist and one composer / sound designer for two of our upcoming Visual Novels.

#2 Post by alexei »

Composers found, looking for a bg artist.

isah1221
Github: isah1221
itch: isah1221

Re: [OPEN] We're looking for one BG artist and one composer / sound designer for two of our upcoming Visual Novels.

#3 Post by isah1221 »

Hello! I am from China and I am a BG artist. You can call me eq0. I have published some works on pixiv. Can you show me your requirements?
There are some BGs from mine.But other styles can be painted as well.
Attachments
31ab3d4acd41e3e0.jpg
-231d55da98edd6dc.jpg
6c6676f3630cabb.jpg
2b1a4d22a5cbd97b.jpg
3998aee5f4e7d6fc.jpg

Kia
Eileen-Class Veteran
Deviantart: KiaAzad
Discord: Kia#6810

#4 Post by Kia »

isah1221 wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 8:39 am Hello! I am from China...
May I ask: Which stable diffusion model are you using to generate these backgrounds?

isah1221

#5 Post by isah1221 »

Kia wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 1:50 pm
May I ask: Which stable diffusion model are you using to generate these backgrounds?
What?
You identify these works as AI works, but this is my work from two years ago. At that time there was no Stable Diffusion.
Do you need proof that this is my personal drawing and not the work of the AI?

isah1221

#6 Post by isah1221 »

Kia wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 1:50 pm
For example, here is one I made at 4.40am on 30 November 2020. The time below also proves it. This is the last background painting I posted on Pixiv. Some of the stuff I posted didn't appear on pixiv and that's because it was too early.
But please don't think it's any kind of AI painting.
Attachments
Screenshot_2022-10-29-02-50-10-644_com.android.chrome.jpg

Kia
Eileen-Class Veteran
Deviantart: KiaAzad
Discord: Kia#6810

#7 Post by Kia »

isah1221 wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 2:45 pm You identify these works as AI works,
I meant no disrespect, they have all the tell tales of stable diffusion, of course, I'm not against using AI, it's the future of art, or at least part of it, and they requires some knowledge and time to generate. Just saying it would be better if you're honest with the clients and tell them everything upfront.