[PAID][OPEN] Looking for Sprite/CG Colorist(s)

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
Chibi Subaru
Regular
Projects: A Very Important Date
Organization: Naïve Sprites
Tumblr: naivesprites
Deviantart: naivesprites
itch: naivesprites

[PAID][OPEN] Looking for Sprite/CG Colorist(s)

#1 Post by Chibi Subaru »

JOB OPENING! We are looking for sprite/CG artists that are willing to do our Kickstarter rewards, too.

Our otome/visual novel project is very, very loosely based off of Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland book series. This project is actually split up into two visual novels, the main one is setup as an episodic release and the spin-off is a much smaller common route visual novel. Both games are commercial otome/visual novels.

Our main otome follows our female lead, Alison Sunderland, into a new world as she tries to find her way back home. The game will have nine suitors, one of them being female.

Our spin-off visual novel’s male MC is Demetrius Babbage, which will have two male suitors, male-to-female transgender suitor, and our female suitor, Alison Sunderland.

If you would like to know more about our games, you can read up on them on our Kickstarter.

First I should warn that we had an artist with us before, so most of the main cast have been designed. The other concern is because the other artist was willing to do various things with the sprites, that they may seem a little complex.

For example, our character Gwyn’s sprite had six outfits, but his main outfit was setup in the PSD file where his duster/jacket, necklace, and hat could be toggled on and off. Other characters had similar setups where items could be taken off on certain outfits. Also some had an additional hairstyle or two for their sprites.

In total we have roughly 35 characters, but only 20 of them will have multiple poses, outfits, and hairstyles.

The main game is estimated to have 72 CGs, but as it is being released episodically, these could be worked on while the game is slowly being released. We also have it setup in our GUI where readers can toggle MC’s eyes on and off, which the previous artist extended the MC’s bangs over her eyes for eyes off. This was done for both the CGs and her sprite by just adding an extra layer for the hair.

The common route visual novel is still being worked on, so we’re not sure how many CGs it’ll need, but it’ll be a lot less than the main one.

Another concern we have is that we already did a Kickstarter with the previous artist, who did not complete the rewards she was going to design. We were hoping that our next artist would be willing to complete these rewards for us: 5 Wallpapers, 7 body pillowcase designs (front and back), 6 couple 6x9 inch prints (Our MC with a suitor per illustration), and 9 Kickstarter Exclusive CGs.

I understand this is a lot to expect from someone, so we are willing to hire line artists and colorists to ease the load. If you are interested, please email me at naivesprites@gmail.com or respond to this post with some estimation on pricing for the sprites, CGs, and Kickstarter Rewards and a link to your portfolio.

If you have any questions and/or concerns, please let me know. I would be more than happy to answer and talk them over.
Last edited by Chibi Subaru on Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

aukiyyumu

Re: [PAID][OPEN] Looking for Sprite/CG Artists

#2 Post by aukiyyumu »

Are you still looking an artist?

Chibi Subaru
Regular

#3 Post by Chibi Subaru »

Hi! Sorry for the late response I've been in the hospital for surgery from May 27th through June 3rd and still dealing with healing.

We are in talks with an artist, but nothing has been finalized, so we're still looking at applications for the position. If this artist is finalized, we might still need a colorist to help with the workload.

For everyone that has applied so far, I'm slowly going through emails. It will take some time because of the healing process from my surgery.

isobellesophia
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: None
Projects: Maddox and Friends! (AI Teacher friend), Friendly Universities! (Soon)
Organization: Friendly Teachers series
Deviantart: SophBelle
itch: Child Creation

#4 Post by isobellesophia »

Hello! I sent you a email!
I am a friendly user, please respect and have a good day.

apentokrays
Completed: Flights of Fancy
Projects: The Lost Delinqunets of Rollings High
IRC Nick: chymesoo
Deviantart: chymesoo
itch: chymesoo
Discord: chymesoo#7918

#5 Post by apentokrays »

is the artist spot still open?

here are some of the link of my works:
https://www.deviantart.com/chymesoo/gallery
https://www.instagram.com/chymesoo/

here's my basic commission info:
https://www.deviantart.com/chymesoo/jou ... -839958945

thank you, for the time going through.
Art: chymesoo.deviantart.com

For hire, just PM me or e-mail:
chymesoo13@gmail.com

Discord: chymesoo#7918

Chibi Subaru
Regular

#6 Post by Chibi Subaru »

We have a line artist now, but still looking for a colorist.

Memerlin
Projects: "La primera vez que la vi" (Spanish) "Alias: Scarlett" (Spanish)

Re: [PAID][OPEN] Looking for Sprite/CG Colorist(s)

#7 Post by Memerlin »

Hi! Just checked the trailer and I'm sure I'm able to make that coloring style.
You can check my artwork here: https://www.deviantart.com/scarlett-letter
I can do them for a minimum of $10 but I'm flexible with pricing!
Thanks for the chance!

Edit: Added pricing.

shigure777

Re: [PAID][OPEN] Looking for Sprite/CG Colorist(s)

#8 Post by shigure777 »

Hi, I sent you an email!