Writer needed for script rewrite!

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
Kato
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Memories of Summer Winds
Organization: Blue Sphere Group

Writer needed for script rewrite!

#1 Post by Kato »

Hey there! To clarify before I ramble on, the project this pertains to is actually a free project but the position is paid so I guess this forum is the appropriate place?

Anyway! As the subject says, we are looking for a writing to edit (rewrite) an existing script for a small project we are working on. The original script is 100% finished and is about 50k words from memory, but will need essentially a full rewrite. It's mostly kinetic and is a light hearted, high school themed (though not japan-based *shock horror*) story that touches on some darker elements.

As always, if your interested please reply below or pm me with your prices :)

Thanks!
Image Image
Kato, Producer & Programmer for Blue Sphere Group. Current Projects: Memories of Summer Winds

Lucy1212
Regular
Completed: None, yet
Projects: The Roses are Covered in Blood, Her Dolls, Where the Wind Travels

Re: Writer needed for script rewrite!

#2 Post by Lucy1212 »

I would be willing to work on it for a low price. In fact, I could work on it first and if you don't like it you don't have to pay me, because currently there's not a lot of writing saved on my computer because it's new, so I can't give you much in the way of past writing. Also, I'm a student who's unemployed with a lot of free time on my hands so I can finish it relatively fast.

So, yeah. Please consider. :D
I'm a wordsmith baby~

LinovaA

#3 Post by LinovaA »

I would be very interested in taking you up on that offer. I honestly don't really know how to gauge what kind of pay I would want for that, but it would be a relatively low price. If you wish, I could send you a portion of one my written works for you to look over to see if you would be interested in me.

I am currently an unemployed student at University, but my course load isn't super heavy and I have no classes on Thursdays, so I have tons of time to work on it.

Hope to hear from you soon! :)

Kato
Miko-Class Veteran

#4 Post by Kato »

LinovaA wrote:I would be very interested in taking you up on that offer. I honestly don't really know how to gauge what kind of pay I would want for that, but it would be a relatively low price. If you wish, I could send you a portion of one my written works for you to look over to see if you would be interested in me.

I am currently an unemployed student at University, but my course load isn't super heavy and I have no classes on Thursdays, so I have tons of time to work on it.

Hope to hear from you soon! :)
Any samples would be great! :)
Image Image
Kato, Producer & Programmer for Blue Sphere Group. Current Projects: Memories of Summer Winds

Lucy1212
Regular
Completed: None, yet
Projects: The Roses are Covered in Blood, Her Dolls, Where the Wind Travels

#5 Post by Lucy1212 »

I just wrote up a very quick story I like to call, "The Stench." Consider it my piece of sample writing.
Attachments
Sample Writing.txt
The Stench
(1.91 KiB) Downloaded 121 times
I'm a wordsmith baby~

Card-Queen
Completed: n/a
Projects: n/a

#6 Post by Card-Queen »

I'd be interested in re-writing your script. It sounds like a lot of fun.
Here of some samples of my writing, both script and prose:
http://sta.sh/01gfj9tqc0zq
http://fav.me/d65zlby
http://fav.me/d5jjyni
http://fav.me/d5jjqgi

JuunoDoll
IRC Nick: Juuno

#7 Post by JuunoDoll »

Hello! I'd be interested to be your writer/editor. I can do it for free, since I enjoy writing anyways. ^-^

Rara

#8 Post by Rara »

Goodluck

Kato
Miko-Class Veteran

#9 Post by Kato »

Thanks to everyone who has shown interest so far. We're discussing things with out lead writer at the moment and hope to start replying as soon as we can :).
Image Image

JuunoDoll
IRC Nick: Juuno

#10 Post by JuunoDoll »

Kato wrote:Thanks to everyone who has shown interest so far. We're discussing things with out lead writer at the moment and hope to start replying as soon as we can :).
A'righty, we will be looking forward to your favorable response. ^-^

breadslam
Regular
Tumblr: breadslam

#11 Post by breadslam »

Just for clarification, would you be able to provide a short excerpt from your script or a more detailed elaboration on the darker themes you mentioned?

WeaselDaddy

#12 Post by WeaselDaddy »

I find myself interested by this.
I'd be glad to offer my services for this, although I don't have a great writing sample on hand right now.
I have a rather distinctive writing style however, some tend to like it and some don't, so it definitely wouldn't hurt if you could perhaps pm me a sample of the script? I could then follow through with the rewrite, send you my work, and if you like what I've done with it, then we can work something out, and if not then no hard feelings.

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

LinovaA

#13 Post by LinovaA »

Kato wrote:Thanks to everyone who has shown interest so far. We're discussing things with out lead writer at the moment and hope to start replying as soon as we can :).
Sounds good!

Looking forward to hearing back when the time comes. ^-^

SexBomb
Regular
Completed: Up All Night, Reaper's Rite, Nameless
Projects: Up All Night 2
Organization: Fiendish Fiction
Tumblr: sexviolenceandvideogames
Deviantart: cooldrinkofwater
itch: fiendishfiction

#14 Post by SexBomb »

If you are still looking at potential writers, I would love to be considered. Unfortunately I cannot specify compensation at this time, as I would need to know more about the length and detail of the project. That said, I am negotiable and happy to consider either an hourly wage or flat rate.

I hold a B.F.A in Animation with a concentration in Visual Development and Screenplay Writing. Here is a direct link to my writing portfolio: http://www.artbyjohanfaulstich.com/#!writing

Thank you for your consideration!