ACE Academy - [SciFi] - ((Seeking Writer - Oct-30-2015))

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
PixelFade
Regular

ACE Academy - [SciFi] - ((Seeking Writer - Oct-30-2015))

#1 Post by PixelFade »

UPDATED 10-30-2015:
We are looking for an additional writer to join us on the project. ;)

Hello,

We are seeking a writer for our upcoming slice-of-life / school life, comedy centric, sci-fi visual novel.

In the year 2049, mechanized robots commonly called GEAR were developed for military application. Since then, their versatile functionality has led them to not only become commonplace in commercial use, but also spawned an entire sports entertainment industry. The prevalent use and popularity of GEARs has created a new academic field known as “Cenorobotics”.

Due to unforeseeable circumstances, the protagonist finds himself transferring to ACE Academy, a premier school for Cenorobotics studies in Japan. He struggles to find a team willing to accept him and his outdated “American” GEAR to compete in the intramural tournament. When compared to the sleek, robust, and advanced technologies of the Japanese counterparts, his search feels utterly hopeless. That is, until he finds a group of pilots just desperate enough for another member. This is where your story begins.

ACE Academy is a comedy-centric, slice-of-life, visual novel with sci-fi and romance elements. The unique turn-based gameplay lets you design your GEAR configuration and see how it stacks against your rivals. With hundreds of choices available, you can experience the storyline and interact with characters in a much more personalized way.

Artwork and Details
Please check out our Steam page for additional details and artwork.

We are currently seeking a writer. Your primary role will be to create the narration and script. You will be working closely with our Storyboard planner and editor to bring the world to life. If the concept of brainstorming ideas, fleshing out characters, content creation, mapping story arcs, and then watching it all come to life with sound, art, and voice seems appealing... then we would love to have you join our team!

WHAT WE'D LIKE FROM YOU:
- Team Player
- General Knowledge of Japanese Culture (Setting in Japan)
- Receptive to Feedback (Taking criticism to improve writing rather than getting defensive)
- Long Term Commitment (Game completion estimated for Q2 - 2016)
- Skype Voice Chatting (For team meetings)
- Sci-fi / mecha / robot experience

WHAT WE ARE OFFERING YOU:
- Paid Role
- Broad Exposure (Available on Steam)

PAYMENT:
The current incentive is $1000 distributed equally per episode completed (3 episodes remaining; $333 per episode).
Please note that the $1000 is the current budget allocated for the new writer. We plan to provide a bonus on project completion.

WORD COUNT EXPECTATION:
Each episode is between 50,000 ~ 70,000 word count
At least delivering 4,000 words per week. The size of your planned bonus payment will be a reflection of the extra time and effort you put towards the project.

HOW TO APPLY:
Please send a sample of your 'script-style' writing (as if it was reading like a visual novel) to pixelfadestudio@gmail.com.
ANY OTHER FORMAT OF WRITING WILL IMMEDIATELY INVALIDATE YOUR APPLICATION.

Additionally, let us know a little about you!:
1) What made you interested in the project?
2) What is your experience with anime/manga/visual novels?
3) Your current professional status (student, working FT/PT, freelancing...etc). How will this impact your commitment?
4) What is the average word count you can deliver per month?

Thank you very much for taking a look at our post!

Best Regards,
PixelFade
Last edited by PixelFade on Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:31 pm, edited 57 times in total.

Lucy1212
Regular
Completed: None, yet
Projects: The Roses are Covered in Blood, Her Dolls, Where the Wind Travels

Re: PixelFade Inc. - Seeking Freelance Writers ($2500)

#2 Post by Lucy1212 »

Dang. Sounds awesome, but I have no knowledge of Japanese culture. I'm sure you'll find no shortage of people willing to work with you with that budget!
I'm a wordsmith baby~

Lucy1212
Regular
Completed: None, yet
Projects: The Roses are Covered in Blood, Her Dolls, Where the Wind Travels

#3 Post by Lucy1212 »

Actually, I'm really into anime and manga, so I guess I do know a bit about Japanese culture. Just not any extensive knowledge. If you can't find other people to write, I'd be more than willing to give a few writing samples.

Man, I was trying to convince myself not to be tempted since this I doubt I'll get lucky enough to be put on a big project like this, but.... It looks. SO. AWESOME!

You know what? I'm sending a writing sample. I want so badly to be a part of this!
Last edited by Lucy1212 on Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm a wordsmith baby~

PixelFade
Regular

#4 Post by PixelFade »

Lucy1212 wrote:Actually, I'm really into anime and manga, so I guess I do know a bit about Japanese culture. Just not any extensive knowledge. If you can't find other people to write, I'd be more than willing to give a few writing samples.

Man, I was trying to convince myself not to be tempted since this I doubt I'll get lucky enough to be put on a big project like this, but.... It looks. SO. AWESOME!
Submit a sample! You'll never know unless you take a chance... ;)

RoziePozie
Regular
Projects: Culina

#5 Post by RoziePozie »

When is the deadline for this?

I PMed you my samples.

Also is the 2500 for the entire production to be split, or is it the writing budget?

PixelFade
Regular

#6 Post by PixelFade »

EDIT: Main post updated.
Last edited by PixelFade on Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LinovaA

#7 Post by LinovaA »

I have sent an email with my attached sample. This sounds really awesome honestly and I would love to be a part of it.

Hope to hear from you soon! :)

Zootower
Regular

#8 Post by Zootower »

Great project you've got going here. I sent over a brief sample. As I mentioned in the email, I can write one from other narrative perspectives as well.

Tyrantauranox
Regular

#9 Post by Tyrantauranox »

What's the estimated word count for each episode?

Lets_Just_J

#10 Post by Lets_Just_J »

This is so exciting! Working on that now. Would love to get in on such a great project. :mrgreen:

PixelFade
Regular

#11 Post by PixelFade »

EDIT: Main post updated.
Last edited by PixelFade on Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Brittany Vincent

#12 Post by Brittany Vincent »

Just wanted to leave a note here to be on the lookout for my application, guys! I'm really excited about this project and I would absolutely love to work with you.

Juannava

#13 Post by Juannava »

I just wanted to let you know I sent an email. Currently I cannot attach anything but I should be able to send an attachment in a few hours. My name is Juan Carlos Nava and the email address I sent my information from is juancarlosnava@live.com. Thank you for the opportunity!

VN4Write

#14 Post by VN4Write »

Any requirements on the sample? Length, Theme, etc.?

PixelFade
Regular

#15 Post by PixelFade »

VN4Write wrote:Any requirements on the sample? Length, Theme, etc.?
No specific requirements for the sample beyond the genre having to be comedy.