Looking for GUI artist for sci-fi project

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
KomiTsuku
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Dreams of the Skies, Anton's Vacation, Luka, The Halberd and The Tiger, Rising Angels, Pyrite Heart, Rising Angels: Reborn, The Halberd and The Fox, VN Tycoon, RA: Hope
Projects: Rising Angels
Organization: IDHAS Studios
IRC Nick: Komi
itch: idhas

Looking for GUI artist for sci-fi project

#1 Post by KomiTsuku »

Hello, folks. Komi here with the latest job offer. I'm currently working on a commercial sci-fi visual novels with elements that are reminiscent of Phoenix Wright, Rising Angels: Fates. We are currently using a temporary GUI and need to change things up to a more permanent one. No coding is needed, I will be handling it. Game is in 1366 x 768 ratio.

Price is negotiable; let me know how much you'd charge. This is more work than my traditional GUI offers, so my standard budget templates don't work here.

Textbox
-I need something that doesn't extend the entire width of the screen. It's painful for widescreen games.
Save
Load
Options

-Needs to include music volume, SFX volume, voice volume, text speed, auto-forward time, skip, after choices, and display (window/fullscreen).
Codex
Gallery
Propose menu

-Menu to present various pieces of evidence/profiles you've gathered over the course of the investigation
Talk/Question/Examine/Move
-Simple four across buttons that will open up their respective items
Choices (menu)
-In game choice menu
Yes/No prompts
Music room

If interested, comment here or send me a PM, preferably with samples of your work.

Morhighan
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: AIdol, When Our Journey Ends, Forgotten Not Lost
Organization: MysteryCorgi
Tumblr: MysteryCorgi
Deviantart: MysteryCorgi
Soundcloud: MysteryCorgi
itch: MysteryCorgi

Re: Looking for GUI artist for sci-fi project

#2 Post by Morhighan »

Kia
Eileen-Class Veteran
Deviantart: KiaAzad
Discord: Kia#6810

Re: Looking for GUI artist for sci-fi project

#3 Post by Kia »

this sounds interesting because it smells like money and I love doing UI. because I'm an element designer. :mrgreen:
I'm coming from a flash background and most of my works are vector and can be scaled to any size so do my UI designs (they usually scale to the text size) also they come with animations that intact to user inputs.
being a gamer for as long as I remember given me a good understanding of how any little piece of game should be but be warned to not let me interfere in your game design because I have an unattainable level of expectation from the games.

Also I have few projects on hold due to lack of character/BG artwork therefore I'm free to do some work on the side but you should not drag the work too long because my time table is tight.

For resume I don't have much success in game design field but I have lots of failed experiments that I can name.
- I started a series of mochi family (multi-player) flash games on mochi website just before they stop their flash game programs.
- Left few other unfinished flash games due to lack of resources.
- My first multi-touch flash game (digi tank) failed when handheld devices stopped supporting flash all together.
- And now I turned to RenPy and can't draw my game characters >_<

But in other hand I'm a good tracer (best I know :D) fast logo designer, experienced sound recorder/editor, sloppy musician and have some coding experience that I'll gladly put into work if needed.
here is some bites and pieces of my game related works (some of them are best viewed with their animations)
3434634.jpg