Sprite Artist Needed for Fantasy Game(Closed)

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
pocoscon
Regular
Projects: Black Lotus(Hitatus), Lethal Love,

Sprite Artist Needed for Fantasy Game(Closed)

#1 Post by pocoscon »

Hey, so I've decided to finally get art for my upcoming game. I'm not in a big hurry but I'd like someone who can do the main sprites with decent speed. The reason to this is because I work best with visuals when I write on word document. (Yes I know this is weird. Forgive me ;_;)

Gameplay

You will have a choice to play as either Felix or Tahira. Not only will you be playing through their stories but you will also get the chance to see the stories of the romance options. Each story will, hopefully, have twists and turns. Nothing is as it seems and not all positive choices will lead you down the correct path.

I'm not too sure if the game will have stat raising. It depends on if I can learn to code it or get someone who knows how to. As for romances only Tahira will be able to romance both genders. Felix can only romance the guys but that's fine since most of the romances are guys XD.

Art

In truth I don't really know what I want when it comes to style :( . I'm actually open for anything really. I guess ideally I'd like either semi realistic or anime style. But please don't think I'm not up for anything else. I am. Just show me examples of your art =).

As for the sprites there will be quite a few. I'm thinking of maybe separating this game when it comes to the love interests but I'm not sure. Each with have 5-8 expressions and only one pose. Their will definitely be at least one extra outfit for each but it depends.

I will say there is one thing I do need from my artist, you have to be able to draw different body types. Some characters will be super thin to a bit chunky.

Ps-It would also be nice if you were okay with mature elements as well.

Contact

An important thing for me. I need you to either have email or skype, though skype is preferred. I really like to discuss the game with the people I'm working with and am totally open to your creative advice =). Also, it's just fun to get to know people :) .

Payment

I'm not entirely sure how I should choose a price. I'd rather see what artists offer instead of setting something. Since I'm having quite a few characters though, I'd like the pricing to be manageable. Also I pay with USD for the most part. If you have another way please let me know =).

Licensing
Will discuss that with you.

How to apply

Send in your artwork. Also please give me your prices as well =).

Anyway, here are the first three characters; Felix, Tahira, and Neo.

Name-Tahira
Age-18
Race-Giant/Human
Fav Food-Piaza(A form of pizza)
Fav Animal-Lions
Likes-Swordplay, Games, and Food
Dislikes-Rude people, pain, and black cats
Info-Since she was a child Tahira has always had a fighting spirit. Whether it is protecting Felix from harm and standing up to her own morals, she will never back down to something she believes is right, which may not always be a good thing. Due to constant bullying she has made a slight barrier for herself and it's hard for her to at times trust others. Still she is a friendly girl with a burning passion to become a knight, something in which she's a bit obsessed with. Tahira also has a bit on a tongue on her and has gotten into much trouble with the adults in her hometown. She doesn't really believe just because one is old that they are wise, and prefers to respect people who have good ideals. Still she has quite the reputation in town, both good and bad, and does have many who support her wish in becoming a knight.

Name-Felix
Age-16
Race-Giant/Human
Fav Food-Cupcakes
Fav Animals-Frogs
Likes-Reading,Writing, and Magic
Dislikes-Tahira's stubbornness, Fish, and Water.
Info-Despite being Tahira's younger brother, Felix can kind of be considered the most mature out of them. He thinks before he acts, doesn't get into much trouble, and tries to keep the peace in the life of his family. Like Tahira he has a passion though it's more of wanting to learn magic then being a knight. Though mature Felix isn't some boring person. He enjoys the peaceful things in life and actually has a very active imagination, which at times can be bad when he gets into one of his 'daydreaming' episodes. Unlike Tahira, Felix doesn't show much characteristics of a giant. He is very sweet and shy but also a little strange. Felix also has this strange way of always being the one to get hurt whenever his sister gets them in trouble, so he kind of fits the title as 'accident prone'.

Name-Neo
Age-329+
Race-Dark Elf/Elf
Food-Fruit
Fav Animal-Deers
Likes-Nature,Friends, and Books
Dislikes-Meat,Demons, and Fire
Info-A dark elf who has traveled the world searching for himself. He came to the academy in hopes of finding a way to get back to his home. Like many elves Neo has a high knowledge of nature and is the calm type. Strangely he actually has a pretty outgoing nature and is open with those he meets. But Neo isn't just a pretty face and a kind smile. He may be friendly but he has his own agenda in mind. Neo desperately wants to get back to home, which he was banished from. The curse on him though makes it impossible for him to go near any place where normal elves live. Despite being a dark elf, Neo doesn't have much care for the species and is even hostile towards them. He longs to go back to his home but is a bit secretive to why. In the end though he's a smart fellow and will helps others. It's just best not to put your full trust in him.
Last edited by pocoscon on Sun Mar 08, 2015 1:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Black Lotus(A work in progress)- (BxB,Horror,Thriller,Fantasy) Tells the story of a boy who must save his home and friends from dangerous creatures known as the Tainted. http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 43&t=28588

Catching the Sun(A work in progress)- (GxG,Slice of Life,Friendship,Drama)

http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 43&t=29404

Aviala
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Your Royal Gayness, Love Bug, Lovingly Evil
Organization: Lizard Hazard Games
Tumblr: lizardhazardgames
itch: aviala

Re: Sprite Artist Needed for Fantasy Game(GXB,GxG,BxB)

#2 Post by Aviala »

Hey there!

I'm interested in working with you! I can do both anime styles and semirealistic style. My favourite style is semirealistic but since it takes more time to paint it's a bit more expensive.

My game dev blog:
http://skyfishgame.tumblr.com
art blog
http://aviala-doodles.tumblr.com/

Anime style sprites are around 20 euros, semirealistic/painted ones are 25e or more
Additional poses, clothes and expressions cost a little extra

CG's are 25-100 euros.

I accept payment in USD too, I use Paypal.

All prices depend on complexity. Simple stuff is cheaper, complex costs a bit more.
I can draw a variety of different characters and body types, I'm not afraid of some fat or muscle :D I'm also willing to draw mature scenes as long as there's not extreme torture.

SexBomb
Regular
Completed: Up All Night, Reaper's Rite, Nameless
Projects: Up All Night 2
Organization: Fiendish Fiction
Tumblr: sexviolenceandvideogames
Deviantart: cooldrinkofwater
itch: fiendishfiction

#3 Post by SexBomb »

Howdy!

I am extremely interested in illustrating some sprites for you, should you decide my style is applicable and falls within your budget. I am comfortable and have experience working with a range of characters, including varying genders, ages, ethnicity, and body types. I have experience working in the illustration field, with recent clients including the Interscholastic Equestrian Association, and Nike.

You can view my work and style on my website: http://www.artbyjohanfaulstich.com

Prices are negotiable, but I have two general ranges. If you are looking for a looser, more sketch-like appearance, sprite prices will range from 20-30 USD. If you are seeking a more polished approach, the sprite prices will range from 40-50 USD. Additional expressions will fall between 1-2 extra USD. The prices on additional outfits may vary dramatically, depending on the type of outfit and level of detail.

Please let me know if you are interested in my work. You can contact me via lemmasoft, my website, or johan.faulstich@gmail.com.

Cheers,
Johan Faulstich

pocoscon
Regular

#4 Post by pocoscon »

Aviala wrote:Hey there!

I'm interested in working with you! I can do both anime styles and semirealistic style. My favourite style is semirealistic but since it takes more time to paint it's a bit more expensive.

My game dev blog:
http://skyfishgame.tumblr.com
art blog
http://aviala-doodles.tumblr.com/

Anime style sprites are around 20 euros, semirealistic/painted ones are 25e or more
Additional poses, clothes and expressions cost a little extra

CG's are 25-100 euros.

I accept payment in USD too, I use Paypal.

All prices depend on complexity. Simple stuff is cheaper, complex costs a bit more.
I can draw a variety of different characters and body types, I'm not afraid of some fat or muscle :D I'm also willing to draw mature scenes as long as there's not extreme torture.

Thank you so much ^^. I really like your style and it would do good for any game. I'll let you know by next week =).
Black Lotus(A work in progress)- (BxB,Horror,Thriller,Fantasy) Tells the story of a boy who must save his home and friends from dangerous creatures known as the Tainted. http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 43&t=28588

pocoscon
Regular

#5 Post by pocoscon »

SexBomb wrote:Howdy!

I am extremely interested in illustrating some sprites for you, should you decide my style is applicable and falls within your budget. I am comfortable and have experience working with a range of characters, including varying genders, ages, ethnicity, and body types. I have experience working in the illustration field, with recent clients including the Interscholastic Equestrian Association, and Nike.

You can view my work and style on my website: http://www.artbyjohanfaulstich.com

Prices are negotiable, but I have two general ranges. If you are looking for a looser, more sketch-like appearance, sprite prices will range from 20-30 USD. If you are seeking a more polished approach, the sprite prices will range from 40-50 USD. Additional expressions will fall between 1-2 extra USD. The prices on additional outfits may vary dramatically, depending on the type of outfit and level of detail.

Please let me know if you are interested in my work. You can contact me via lemmasoft, my website, or johan.faulstich@gmail.com.

Cheers,
Johan Faulstich

Your style is really bright and colorful and I love that in art. It's hard to choose DX. By next week I should have an answer though.