Looking for Lineart artist(Paid)(Found!)

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
Garganta

Looking for Lineart artist(Paid)(Found!)

#1 Post by Garganta »

What's up Lemmasoft?

I'm an aspiring head of an indie game company(As in i'm a young "City slicker" trying to make games instead of spending my time playing them like I usually do ^_^ ).For a few years now I have been desperately trying to get a game out to the public but problems through the whole process usually stopped it.I didn't have alot of money and usually artist or people in other positions would disappear over time(Which is understandable,I wasn't paying at the time so it was foolish to expect much from someone donating their time to you for an unpaying project).

Luckily for me,I have gained a bit of money,Very little but It will get me started for the time being until I have more next month.As you can probably tell by now,My budget is tiny right now but I am able to pay.

Down to the details:

The game is a bishoujo(BxG)(Possible BxB) dating sim with stat raising.

You play a 24 year old guy newly living in his uncle's old apartment in the city after his own apartment's building was burned down.
His uncle tells him it's time he gets his life together,And experience the world.While at first it seems a bit too idealistic being that the town can be very sketchy most of the time,He decides to give it a try.

It starts out comedic(But can branch into other genres).

Information for line artists:

It is 18+

Being it takes place in a town,There will be characters of different ages and body types.

This project may take a few months to finish.

If I hire an artist this month I will start them off with a few characters.

I'm mainly looking for a sprite line artist at the moment but someone who can do backgrounds will be paid more accordingly.

I don't need high quality detail(Although that would be awesome :) )so if there is no pressure to be perfect.

I like fast work but because I'm not paying alot right now I understand it will take sometime.

If I run out of ideas for a character I will usually give you creative freedom to add whatever touches you want to make them unique.

an ideal price range for the art would be a start of $10 for a full body sprite with varying pays for other things like emotions,Hairstyles and outfits.(If it cost less that's awesome)

I don't pay royalties :( but if the game is a success I will offer you a permanent role at my business and most likely a pay raise depending on revenue :D

Other details I would prefer to give to the artist and keep secret until I have a demo out,But will be given on request.

Reply to offer or PM me.Details will be given when I receive the private message.

Update:I have an artist now!Thank you to everyone for applying, I haven't heard from them in a few so to everyone who has sent me a note,the position may be open at a later time again.
Last edited by Garganta on Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Yohoshi_Tsuki

Re: Looking for Lineart artist(Paid)

#2 Post by Yohoshi_Tsuki »

Hello.
I would like to try my luck here as the sprite line artist.
And as long as it is line art I can do backgrounds too.
This is an example of what I can do:
Attachments
Rena.jpg

Aviala
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Your Royal Gayness, Love Bug, Lovingly Evil
Organization: Lizard Hazard Games
Tumblr: lizardhazardgames
itch: aviala

Re: Looking for Lineart artist(Paid)

#3 Post by Aviala »

Hey there! Just to clarify, are you looking for just lineart or coloured sprites?

Sadly you can't afford my coloured sprites but if it's just lineart, I'm intrested in work with you :D
Check out my game dev blog for art examples, I just happened to upload some linework
http://skyfishgame.tumblr.com/

I'm offering you discount prices since you're on a shoestring budget; my usual rates are higher than this.
Because it's just lineart 10$ per sprite is okay, though I do want to be paid a bit more if you want additional hairstyles, outfits, etc.
If I need to do character designs, I also charge 2$ per sprite if the design process takes more than half an hour (for example if there's a lot of going back and forth and changing my initial design.)

I also do CG work. For a lineart CG I charge 15$ or more, depending on the complexity.

I work really fast, I can turn in multiple (lineart) sprites per week unless I get hired by somebody who can afford my usual rates: in that case I can only promise you one sprite per week.