Looking for a writer for an adventure story (light otome)

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
KomiTsuku
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Dreams of the Skies, Anton's Vacation, Luka, The Halberd and The Tiger, Rising Angels, Pyrite Heart, Rising Angels: Reborn, The Halberd and The Fox, VN Tycoon, RA: Hope
Projects: Rising Angels
Organization: IDHAS Studios
IRC Nick: Komi
itch: idhas

Looking for a writer for an adventure story (light otome)

#1 Post by KomiTsuku »

Hello, folks. Komi with IDHAS Studios here with a job offer for writers.

What I'm looking for is a writer to help me with a project. It's an adventure story with some slight elements of romance and a female protagonist. It will be a visual novel, though I'd like to keep the options to a minimum. You would be the only writer on the story, though I will be available to assist. The story would be more focused on their adventures across the land instead of romance focused.

Plot: Yuma, a dragon rune mage and descendent of a "the great hero", accidentally unseals an ancient evil mage who is foretold to bring about another age of darkness. However, Yuma's act has unsealed him several centuries before his return, angering him and ruining his carefully laid plan. A stickler for having things just right, he demands that the rookie mage reseal him and wait for the time the prophecy dictates. The pair go on an adventure across a land torn by war between humans and elves to gather the runes required to seal him away again before he decides that now is a fine time to start his reign of evil.

Right now I have three characters designed, though I will add a couple more based upon writer suggestion. I would like to work the outline together, though I can provide a detailed outline if preferred. Once we have the outline setup, I'll be getting the art and music assets together.

Characters (so far; just designs):
Yuma, the young dragon rune mage who has to find a way to reseal the evil.
yuma1.jpg
Ancient Evil, the dark lord who once brought the world to its knees despite his perfectionist streak.
darklord.jpg
Aku, a shy human healer with a split personality.
tumblr_nmavbjsS041rooglho1_1280.jpg
POV: 1st

Budget: $750; 25% upfront, 25% 30k mark, 50% completion

Length: 50,000 to 60,000 words; I'd like to keep it in the 3-4 hr mark.

Deadline: I'd like to have everything done by August.

The game will be commercial.

Please include writing samples. Experience in visual novel writing is preferred, though providing samples of prose writing is fine.

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, either comment here or send me a PM.

chaslo

Re: Looking for a writer for an adventure story (light otome

#2 Post by chaslo »

send me the details to samuraichaslo@hotmail.com
i will be glad to help

LovenGames

#3 Post by LovenGames »

I've sent you a message with a writing sample. Cheers

yasuchan
Projects: Riscrivere ~First Chapter~