Lost Winter Night - OELVN - Looking for GUI DESIGNER

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
Nahilys
Regular

Lost Winter Night - OELVN - Looking for GUI DESIGNER

#1 Post by Nahilys »

Project Introduction

Hello there. Here is my first ever VN project, and I'm willing to write it in my own language which is French. I have been working on a story of mine for about a year and recently decided to get involved seriously about it. I have been working on several parts of the project, being a director, developer, scenarist, writer & game designer at the same time. I like it though.

A friend of mine, profesionnal artist is currently working on a possible character design, and I also have my own editor.

This is why I am looking for artists (sprites, background, CG), composer(s) & programmers. May also look for writers applications !

"What people once called Future finally came. But no robots, no cyborgs, no flying cars. That were all dreams created and set up in one's mind to keep believing in production & evolution. Oil started to lack, and the amount of pollution from the last two centuries darkened the sky. Even solar power became barely useable.
While people fight for new energies, the police and the mafia are the true leaders, cracking the country in two parts, fighting underground. When the world goes wild, there are always people looking for any kind of happiness. Self proclamed the New Aristocracy, they plunge themselves into the old and forgotten culture, favouring education above everything that could deal with the present world.
MC & his friends are living quite happily, getting along and having fun, week by week. All emprisoned in their unnatural repetitive collegial life. Everything gets overhelmed when MC meets the like of Alice, a beautiful yet mysterious girl. MC wil then have to learn that his life has never been as peaceful as he discovers the true face of it".

Language : English (French translation planned).

Genres : Thriller, Psychological, Sci-Fi, Romance, Drama, H.

Rating : 18+ (Sex, Blood)

Lenght : Medium to long.

Music influences : Kenji Kawaii, Ludovico Einaudi, Nanase Hikaru, Kajiura Yuki...

Universe influences : Cyberpunk.

Art influences : Ergo Proxy, Black Rock Shooter, Steins;Gate, Persona 4

IMPORTANT : Kickstarter planned when the team is full.

Work in Progress - Mostly translating from french (Update 2.1) :

Project's team :

Developper//Scenarist/Game designer/co-writer : Nahilys.

Writers : ,

Editors : GreyWolfXx [English], Sylvain Sanesti [French]

Chara designer/Sprites Designer : UNKNOWN <3

Graphists :

GUI Designer :

Background designer :

Programmers : GreyWolfXx, Sylvain Sanesti

Composers : Nazim Lachter, Joshua1207

Scenario Summary (Edited) :

FULL SPOILERS OF THE STORY

"
Prologue -

The main heroine, Alice, is the heir of a powerful mafia family who are fighting for the country to survive against the police. Both forces are trying to restore some kind of peace, which also means control over the last pieces of useable energy. As she is not supposed to be ready to be a part of the head of the family just yet, she is sent to a special college for New Aristocrats students.

New Aristocrats are one of the most hated populations in the eyes of the mafia and the police. Those people prefer to plunge themselves in a lost era, a forgotten culture, just to escape from the reality of their world and are a pain for everyone else working hard. Alice is sent there to spy and learn how to hate them as a way to prove her dedication to the family.

Unfortunately, her young age makes her easily suggestible and her heart goes crazy for a classmate of hers whom she finally falls in love with. When she turns eighteen, she is called back to her family but her heart belongs to someone else already. At first, both lovers try to keep their relationship secret to everyone, but you can't hide from the mafia.

Alice's family, getting the facts, makes the instant decision to shut MC down and kill him. He doesn't take their threat seriously and gets directly attacked. The intervention ended up taking place during a car trip with MC's friends which got all them all get killed as collateral damages, but he lives and falls into a coma.

After the forced accident, Alice decides not to trust her family anymore, runs away, gets in touch with the police and tries to find a way to get in contact with MC thanks to new technologies. Maybe, she could wake him up or at least understand what really happened.

– Game Start –

Chapter 1 -

MC is in a deep coma for five years, living his collegial life with four of his closest friends, the ones who died. Living over and over again the last week of school before the accident, MC's subconscious refuses to remember what really happened to him. He goes to class, goes out with people, and doesn't think about his future or his past. He forgets everything every Saturday night.

In real life, Alice finally finds a way to get in contact with his sleeping mind and joins him in his dream. Her appearance overwhelms the time loop the MC is currently imprisoned in and new events start to occur. She is twenty-five at that time though, while he is still twenty due to him being asleep for that long. She remembers everything, of course, but he does not, making their first meeting very strange and complicated.

Chapter 2 -

At first, she was planning on trying to find a fast way to wake him up, to understand what happened, but the happiness of seeing him again, living with him again, makes her change her mind little by little. Her love takes the upper hand and she starts thinking about staying forever in this dream with him.

Chapter 3 -

As Alice gets closer and closer to the MC again, his subconscious starts to recognize the situation. Her presence modified the time loop, and strange things start to happen. One night, they find the dead corpse of a friend of his, violently murdered. Shocked at first, they run away, but the day after, that same corpse who was so violently assassinated seems to be alive in the flesh.

Alice then remembers her mission, the real reason of her presence here, and becomes more and more mysterious about this event. This death is only the first of a very long list : every night, a corpse will be found, from one of his four friends, and come back to life the day after.

Totally disturbed by the situation and on the verge of becoming insane, the MC starts thinking Alice is the meaning of all this craziness and kills her during their first ever sex interaction, when she is defenseless.

Chapter 4 -

Just as everyone else she is found alive the day after. Not being a part of his dream, she remembers what he did to her as well. The situation looking to be completely unbearable, Alice sacrifices her dreams of an endless love and reveals everything to him. About what happened. About her mission. About her family. About her relationship.

Obviously, he starts to remembers, and the feeling of guilt seizes him so hard, taking it as if he had killed all his friends and made her lose five years of her life, that he begs her to wake up and kill him in his hospital bed.

Alice then has two choices, that lead to two different endings :

1 -

She accepts, wakes up, kills him and kills herself soon after.

THE END

2 -

She refuses, wakes him up and leaves him to be healed in the hospital. Still feeling horribly guilty, he then tries to commit suicide but is stopped and sent to a psychiatric hospital. As he tries several times to escape and kill himself, he stays there for around 15 years When he is finally able to go out, Alice is gently waiting for him to come back to life...

A little girl is grabbing her hand timidly. He believes for a second.

She is barely ten years old.

It is not his daughter.

She hasn't waited for him, after all.

Then, they both smile to each other, with a deep, loving and respectful smile.

TRUE END

Characters' descriptions :

Total NPC : 5

Alice - Main Heroine

Sex : Female

Astrological sign : Aries

Origins : Half European, Half Asian.

Eyes : Green.

Hair : Black, Half-long, Straight, Stairs haircut.

Height : 160.

Weight : 47kg.

Vital statistics : 85( [B)] -55-75

Main traits : Loving, Dominant, Vain, Down-to-Earth, Temperamental, Openminded.

Aika - Childhood friend - Side Heroine 1

Astrological sign : Capricorn

Origins : Northern

Eyes : Blue, Wide open.

Hair : Blond, Long, Curly, Loose.

Height : 165cm

Weight : 52kg

Vital statistics : 85(C)-60-80

Main traits : Calm, Loving, Introverted, Respectful, Honest, Over-Possessive.

Elise - College friend - Side Character 1

Astrological sign : Scorpio

Origins : European.

Eyes : Green.

Hair : Red, Long, Curly, Ponytailed.

Height : 170cm.

Weight : 55kg.

Vital statistics : 90( [B)] -60-85

Main traits : Homosexual, Dominant, Combatant, Extrovert, Teasing, Protective.

Morgan – Young Genious – Side Heroine 2

Yu - Best friend - Side Character 2

Characters' design :

Semi-realistic manga art style, cyberpunk themed.

Universe :

Story context : cyberpunk influences, mixed up with my own preferences. Affects the background story and characters' pasts, not that much involved in the actual gameplay.

Gameplay :

1 True Route, 1 True Heroine.2 Side Heroines. 2 Ends with the True Heroine.

1 Week loop. Repetitive common route, influenced by choices every week, changing the story by adding more and more informations to get to the final conclusion.
Last edited by Nahilys on Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wifom
Regular

Re: Lost Winter Night - OELVN - Looking for GUI DESIGNER

#2 Post by wifom »

Hey Nahilys! Glad you got around to the LemmaSoft forums. :) Excited to see you here ^^ (I'm Wifom from Ludust hehe).

I saw that you posted in both "paid work" and "commercial projects." If you are providing compensation, I'm currently looking for paid work. You can check out my info thread here - http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 62&t=29495

Best of luck finding the members you need!

Nahilys
Regular

#3 Post by Nahilys »

Hello,

as precised in the thread title, we're looking for a GUI designer which means Logo & Menus & In-Game GUI. We're working on a kickstarter presentation at the moment, which would mean having some samples of our future work to get people interested in it such as a video promotion ( sprites of the main heroines, a full song, screenshots of scenes in-game, short spoiler-free synopsis).

We can not pay whenever a work is finished.

wifom
Regular

#4 Post by wifom »

Gotcha. And yes, I do GUI, logo, and other graphic design work as well if you scroll down in the art shop. :]

As for not being able to pay for finished assets, that would go strictly in the Commercial Projects forums and not in the "Paid Work" section since you will not be able to pay the artist.

Good luck!

Nahilys
Regular

#5 Post by Nahilys »

Thanks for the precision.

Then again, I you might not be interested in a "Commercia"l project then ;)