Looking for Hentai Artist (Paid Commissions) 18+ [Closed]

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
Cavalyn
Projects: Intrigue of Houses

Looking for Hentai Artist (Paid Commissions) 18+ [Closed]

#1 Post by Cavalyn »

Hello,

I'm working on a visual novel which will be free for everyone with the option for people to sponsor me on Patreon. I'm already a sponsored writer on Patreon with a little over $750 coming in a month, on top of my regular 9-5 job as a writer for a magazine.

Anyway - I am looking to expand into visual novels as the pay for writers on Patreon is relatively low (the general consensus that `anyone can write` limits me there). Though, and I may be wrong on this, I think I might already be one of (if not the) highest paid writer there.

I already have an artist on board for sprites who produces very good work - but he does take some time to do them, and my ultimate goal is to try and produce a short (20-25k words) visual novel every 3-4 months.

With that in mind I'm looking for an artist who is comfortable drawing hentai scenes specifically, for a set of CG's. The work would be fairly regular, but commission based only with me paying you for work that is done, when it is done. I am, of course, willing to pay half up front so as to assuage any doubts people have.

And I do apologise if this post comes across too formal, I recruit for my real job too, so I'm wearing two hats - the normal guy who likes VN's, and the Managing Director who has to hire and fire and be very official. :wink:

The Ideal Artist should :

- Be experienced in drawing hentai, even if that is not in other visual novels.
- Be able to work from character sketches and sprites, i.e. you would not have freedom on what the character/s look like.
- Good colouring skills - I know it feels pedantic, but obviously no black and white here.
- Moderate background art ability - really, it will be little more than bed sheets, or a couch with wallpaper in the background, but still...
- Experience in traditional anime style, not chibi, moe, etc...
- A willingness to cater to some small kinks - nothing bad, rough sex at worst.

What I offer

- Money, basically. I am willing to negotiate on what prices you deem suitable - though of course it will depend upon the quality of your work.
- Semi-regular business - At the very least I would likely look to commission some scenes every month, though the amount earned will obviously depend on pricing.
- Promotion on any games and/or my Patreon if desired.

How should I apply?

You can either respond here if you wish to get my attention, or you may feel free to email me directly at coeur@live.co.uk if you wish for it to remain private.

I would like to see any samples you might have of relevant work - again, if you wish to keep it private or feel it won't be suitable for the site then feel free to email me.

Please keep in mind that I do need to make the best decisions I can from a business perspective, so please don't be offended if I choose someone else, or feel that while your art may be incredible - the price might be too steep for me.

That said, i don't think I pay poorly, as my sprite artist generally gets around $250 for a set of sprites for each individual character.

An idea of the work that might be commissioned

A sample of what I might commission could be thus:

A single female character with a male character - four different hentai CG's (each of a different pose/position) - with each individual CG having 3 different expressions on the female lead's face. Typically the male's face would be hidden from view.

I would expect minor background details, but again those can (and should) be limited.

Thanks for your attention, and hope to hear from you!

Below is an example of a character you might be asked to draw. From which you can get a general idea of "art style." Obviously it is just a sketch at this time.
Example character sketch for hentai CG. Not free for distribution or use by any other parties.
Example character sketch for hentai CG. Not free for distribution or use by any other parties.
Last edited by Cavalyn on Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

truefaiterman
Veteran
Completed: EVOLVEd: Echoes of the Codex War. [ASH] The Seeds of Destruction
Projects: One Night of [SNOW], Stained with Magic
Deviantart: truefaiterman

Re: Looking for Hentai Artist (Paid Commissions) 18+

#2 Post by truefaiterman »

Hi! I sent you an email with some samples and prices!
Artist and voice actor, trying to actually write stuff.

ArtStation portfolio
Youtube channel

Recent finished projects:

Image Image

Cavalyn
Projects: Intrigue of Houses

Re: Looking for Hentai Artist (Paid Commissions) 18+ [Closed

#3 Post by Cavalyn »

Thanks to everyone who got in touch, which obviously looks like very few here - but were most were via email lol... for now this recruitment thread is closed as I will be selecting from the people who have contacted me. Thanks to everyone who got involved!