Looking for Background Artists for a Visual Novel Project

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
zkage

Looking for Background Artists for a Visual Novel Project

#1 Post by zkage »

Hi artists of LSF

I'm looking for one BG artist for my visual novel project, Project Venus which is being builtin tyrano builder. It is planned for an episodic release. Currently looking at 5-6 Backgrounds for the first episode. BGs will be 1920x1080. Bigger is better ; if you draw at a higher resolution, I'll either zoom or scale; Some are complex, some are simple.

Pricing is negotiable. All of this is being funded out of my own pocket so there is a limit to how much I'm willing/able to pay.
When quoting estimates for your prices, please mention the currency (USD is preferred), and how much you charge for complex vs simple BGs, daytime variations, etc. Digital drawings are perfectly fine

We are trying to get these completed by January 2016 end, with a hard date by Feb. All CGs are ready to go.
If there's anything I've missed, or you have any questions, please either reply to this thread or send me a PM. The author and I will be working together to decide on the artist to go forward with.

Genres/Content
Sci Fi/ Military/ Action/ Suspense

The Story
It is a sci-fi story line set in south asia - Pakistan; revolves around terrorism, AI; militant groups; themes of self discovery, geo politics are explored. Since the area experiences a lot of it these days, we are trying to work on those themes for a broader audience. More details for the story would be on request

Progress/Pace
The story for episode1 is complete. We have 12-13 characters which have been drawn out. the poses for the characters are in progress. Our next step is to draw the backgrounds. We have a storyboard in place which will help you understand the scenes

Payment
If you have a price list, please let me know. The amount will depend on the quality of your work and existing portfolio. Depending on the complexity, quality, etc. the prices could be $30-100 USD. If the scene is really complex (eg. including variations) it could go higher

Payment will be through paypal -USD. Half on first draft of the background, half on completion; this can be per background or can be a lump sum if you are able to provide the first versions of all the bgs in one go. For the format, I'd prefer PSDs (or XCFs, if you use GIMP) with the layers in tact for the final product. We can agree on the milestone %

Licensing
you will be credited for your work. Even if you transfer ownership to me, I'm not going to claim that I created the CG. If you have any specific terms in mind, please make your intentions known when you apply so we can reach an agreement before commencing work.This will be a free game and it will not be open source. as the commissioner, I own the BG, but allow you to use it for promotion; NOT for re-selling or re-use
Attachments
Venustitle_n.jpg

zkage

Re: Looking for Background Artists for a Visual Novel Projec

#2 Post by zkage »

Update:

Thank you so much everyone for submitting your interest and providing work links. We are reviewing the storyboard to see how your styles fit with the existing work. We will get back to your shortly after the new year break.

zkage

Re: Looking for Background Artists for a Visual Novel Project

#3 Post by zkage »

Hi everyone,

I wanted to post an update here that we have a position back open for 1 background artist.
We have expanded on the story from the last time into 29 scenes and are looking for paid freelancers

Willing to pay up to a max of 100$ for a background.
Need to make 10-15 backgrounds ( full+ variant included)
Variants for 45$ - the variants will be simple changes ( lights, shadows, props )

We have descriptions ready for the backgrounds + reference images
Would like the artist to read the high level story flow - at least 5 pages- to understand the world this is happening in and character motivations

I have added attachments to show a sample of the work we have going on.

Delivery -1-2 months.
Attachments
Char+factory.png
Capture.JPG

illustration_de_kely
Deviantart: kalyanjyoti

#4 Post by illustration_de_kely »

hello there is it still open? cani apply for this? here is a link to my artworks : https://kalyanjyoti.deviantart.com/ ... let me know if i can still apply, you can mail me at illustrationdekely25@gmail.com .. i am quite interested for such projects :-)

OoAmmyoO
Completed: Rock Robin, Changeling (assistant)
Projects: Masada-Sensei, ReMix: Mixolys (working title)
itch: ammy.itch.io/

#5 Post by OoAmmyoO »

Hi! I'm Ammy, it's nice to meet you. I am a Technologist in Digital Games and freelance illustrator on my free time.
I would happily join you guys, and I have a lot of spare time right now. I've been in a period of focusing solely on concluding my studies, and it's terrific to be back...! :) I've previously worked on other VNs (Rock Robin), as a CG Artist. I've a tiny portfolio online here, though some of my most recent drawings are in my CV here, but it isn't in english (yet).
Thank you for the opportunity and your time!

kjkjmulo
Projects: Chrysanthemum, Lust Selection, Azure Wings, Crimson Gray- Dusk& Dawn, Human Cargo, Ephemeral light-Overture ...... ( more projects name not decided yet)
Deviantart: kjkjmulo

#6 Post by kjkjmulo »

Hi there !! do you still need BG artist ???
Here are some of my artwork ,I 've worked for a BG company few years but I just begining me freelance career so I don't have much sample to show you ,but I can draw different style of artwork.
Layer 270.png
decoration-decoration-japanese-home-decor-fabulous-japanese-home-with-japanese-home-decor-ideas.png
Feel free to visit my page : viewtopic.php?f=62&t=46028
Email me if you interest , hope I can have chance to be a part of ur project.

Fuyunokawa
Regular
Deviantart: fuyunokawa

#7 Post by Fuyunokawa »

I sent you PM

zkage

#8 Post by zkage »

Thank you all very much for reaching out. We have gotten great artists on board and are nearing completion of all bgs,