Artist Found!

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
Ghost #9
Regular
Projects: Imaginarium
Organization: AlteRealm

Artist Found!

#1 Post by Ghost #9 »

Thank you to everyone who responded! I'm currently working with the exceptionally talented Lovebby (Cedes, for those in the know). Look forward to seeing her designs!

Greetings, denizens of Lemmasoft! It has come to my attention that conceptualization of non-humans is simply not my forte. I've two upcoming games in which three particular alien (or, more technically, alternate dimensional) races play an integral role, and not having designs for them has been halting my progress a bit. Thus, I feel it is time to bring aboard someone who already has talent and experience in this particular area.

To give a bit more information on the aforementioned games, it must first be noted that the second game will not be produced for many moons. The project that is currently in development is essentially an indirect prequel to the second, and it is the one which we shall be discussing today.

---------------

This project, which is presently untitled, takes place on an alternate version of Earth that was devastated by large-scale nuclear warfare several decades before the present. The destruction and death toll were so catastrophic that the remaining political powers signed a pact known as the United Earth Treaty in desperation, ultimately leading to the formation of the World Alliance. The militaristic power of the World Alliance was so absolute that any hope of uprising became nigh impossible, and thus the world became peaceful...for a time.

What most of the remaining population did not know, at least in the beginning, was that the formation of this World Alliance was spurred along by the appearance of a group of beings hailing from another dimension. These beings remained for many years, eventually becoming known to the world at large; integrating and intermingling with the slowly rebuilding societies...

---------------

If I go on for much longer, I fear I'll begin spoiling too much of the plot! I'm not quite ready to reveal this project in entirety. And I haven't even begun discussing what I'm actually recruiting for! Ahem.

I am seeking four concepts total. They do not need to be highly polished, as they won't be appearing in the actual game or any promotional material. At the moment, I merely need the designs for reference in my writing. Ultimately, the designs will be used, so of course you will be credited in both games. Of note, however, is that the first game will likely only use certain aspects of your concepts (for plot-related reasons). The full designs will not appear until the second game.

Some other important notes:

1) While there are four alien races that I'm needing designed, the first may not ever actually appear in-game (though could possibly appear in bonus material). To clarify, the first is a common ancestor of the other three. So, it should serve as a springboard to tie the other three together.

2) The three main races differ by the environments they live in. One dwells on land, one is winged and lives in mountainous areas, and the other is "water"-dwelling. They should all have aspects that indicate their biological relation to each other, but they should all still differ distinctly from one another.

3) I'm seeking designs that could be classified as humanoid. I realize that is an extremely broad category, but it does at least differentiate from animal-like or Lovecraftian or microbial or intelligent smoke or any number of other sorts of aliens that I've encountered. I would like for them to be human-like enough to be relatable or even what the average human could feasibly consider attractive (by which I am not trying to imply that every member of all three races is always attractive). However, I don't want them to be SO human-like that they're basically humans with an additional feature or two or unusual skin. I can provide examples!

Of course, this is all just some basic criteria. I will provide a lot more information on the games and my ideas for the races once an official collaboration has been established. Please feel free to either post here or send me a PM with some relevant samples and your prices!