Oberon Acadamy - Artist and Coder Needed!

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
pocru
Projects: Oberon Academy

Oberon Acadamy - Artist and Coder Needed!

#1 Post by pocru »

Hello Lemmasoft!

I'm Joseph, AKA Pocru, and I'm here on behalf of a team of writers, artists, a coder, and a sound guy who are all working together to bring a dream project to life--and that project is Oberon Academy.

So what is Oberon Academy?

At its most basic, Oberon Academy will be a hentai visual novel set in a sci-fi future where a mysterious mist caused mutations in some of the world's women, transforming them into enigmatic monster girls. Twenty years have passed since then, and there are still lots that people don't understand about these seemingly sex-addicted mutants. To study them, Oberon Academy--the first inter-species school of its kind--was established for students to study and mingle for the sake of researching human/monster girl relationships. But while the school appears to be too good to be true for our male protagonist, who finds himself swarmed by beautiful girls with the expectation he'll make a harem out of them, things are bubbling just beneath the surface of this enigmatic school that could change the world forever... and may prove lethal for those too obsessed with self-indulgence to see the bigger picture.

If you're interested in learning more, I'd be happy to share, but, that's not why I'm here today!

See, we've already got a team of three artists (two line-artists and a colorer), four writers, a sound guy, and a coder, but in these early stages things have been going petty rough for our little group, and we'd like to expand to help things go a bit faster as we race to release our product over Indiegogo for some real, proper funding. Namely, we need someone to join our team as an artist (preferably for the long term, but at the very least to help with the art we need for our demo and the indiegogo campaign) and in the near future we'll want another coder to help our current coder deal with his tasks.

But as you can see, this isn't a call for volunteers.

For any potential artists: we have SOME start-up capital to pay you for your initial work, but it's not a lot. Right now, we need around 7 pieces of character art, a character sheet that shows one girl with a wide variety of expressions and poses, a title image, and one background+two girls with two different poses and expressions for the demo. Preferably we'd also have a single high-quality still as well. None of it would need to be in color. If you're interested, message me and we can hammer out a price, and I can show you some samples of our work.

For any potential coders: You'd be more of a 'future asset in our back pocket' kind of thing, to be called upon if the indiegogo campaign is a success. So what I'd need from you is a price, or a % of final sales you'd want from the project if you agree to collaborate. Bearing in mind it wouldn't be more than 10%. We've got a LOT of people working on %.

For everyone else: shoot me a message! I need an artist and a coder, but I'm open to anything else! The more the merrier... to a limit, I mean.

Thank you, and I look forward to seeing you in the mystery-laden halls... of Oberon Academy!
Last edited by pocru on Mon Mar 28, 2016 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shimakaze
Deviantart: MechSymph

Re: Oberon Acadamy - Artist and Coder Needed!

#2 Post by Shimakaze »

Messaged about coding.

Cypher

#3 Post by Cypher »

Messaged about Coding

franham

#4 Post by franham »

Messaged about art

pocru

#5 Post by pocru »

Thank you everyone for the support! But there's still more to do!
Last edited by pocru on Mon May 16, 2016 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pocru

#6 Post by pocru »

Hello!

We're opening things again!

We're in need of artists for game elements (buttons, text boxes, the cursor, ect)--if you think you qualify, please let me know!

Thanks!

KaivertaCommissions
Deviantart: Kaiverta

#7 Post by KaivertaCommissions »

pocru wrote:Hello!

We're opening things again!

We're in need of artists for game elements (buttons, text boxes, the cursor, ect)--if you think you qualify, please let me know!

Thanks!
Ahh, I did not read these replies until now. I've already sent off a PM about being a character artist, but since you no longer require that, please discard my message. :)

pocru

#8 Post by pocru »

Ah, goodness, this is very awkward.

We're looking for ANOTHER artist, this time for background and cover art. Our last artist has fallen into hard times and is unable to cooperate with us anymore.

Please message me if you're interested!

Thank you,
Joseph

Cypher

#9 Post by Cypher »

pocru wrote:Ah, goodness, this is very awkward.

We're looking for ANOTHER artist, this time for background and cover art. Our last artist has fallen into hard times and is unable to cooperate with us anymore.

Please message me if you're interested!

Thank you,
Joseph
What do you mean by "cover art"

Jiro Horikoshi
Regular

#10 Post by Jiro Horikoshi »

Switching artists three times already is probably a bad idea. I suggest you work on other things while the lead takes care of his real life responsibilities then work with him again. Horrific style consistency is one of the many reasons that indie EVNs tend to suffer..........

pocru

#11 Post by pocru »

Jiro Horikoshi wrote:Switching artists three times already is probably a bad idea. I suggest you work on other things while the lead takes care of his real life responsibilities then work with him again. Horrific style consistency is one of the many reasons that indie EVNs tend to suffer..........
I'm glad you brought this up with me!

Inconsistent art is a concern of mine, trust me, and I've given great care into who I've picked for the role in the past because of it. Fortunately, (kind of) the background artists I have hired in the past had both committed to the project, but never actually produced any artwork for me. So there's not going to be any artistic clash between a new background/cover artist, and the work produced by my old ones.

Oh, and the "cover art" is the art that will be used as the cover of the game. That's all.

Thanks for your concern!
Joseph

Destriarch

#12 Post by Destriarch »

How did this go in the end? (I'm a writer / coder, if it's important, but I'm more interested in your experience with the crowdfunding side of things)