Voice actors for Seiyuu Danshi, an 18+ Yaoi / BL Dating Sim

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
meyaoi
Regular
Tumblr: meyaoigames
Deviantart: meyaoi

Voice actors for Seiyuu Danshi, an 18+ Yaoi / BL Dating Sim

#1 Post by meyaoi »

We are looking for voice actors!
- ABOUT THE PROJECT -

What is Seiyuu Danshi?
Seiyuu Danshi is an 18+ BL / Yaoi Visual Novel / Dating sim, with voice acting as its main theme. In this game, you'll play as a newbie voice actor who strives for the Seiyuu Award. On his way to reach his goal, though, he will still live his daily life and YOU get to make the choices on how he should spend the days.

The game was recently funded on Kickstarter. If you need more information regarding the game, feel free to check the old campaign page here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/11 ... escription

We reached our partial voice acting goal, and so we are looking for the voice actors for each of the role!

- HOW TO APPLY? -

Please make sure to meet all guidelines!

- AVAILABLE CHARACTERS -

1. SHIBUSAWA TOSHIYUKI: we are looking for a medium-low voice range, with an authoritative-but-not-harsh intonation. He can become strict like a father and affectionate like a mother, and we're looking for a voice actor who can portray all of that.

2. KAMIYA HIKARU: he has a medium range of voice, not too high nor too low, but he tends to use a cuter / higher version of his voice when he's in his "idol-mode". For him, we want a voice actor that can portray both his "idol self" and his "real self". Singing ability is a plus.

3. SHIBA RYOTARO: he has a deep and masculine voice and he is often cast for cool roles like villains or handsome love rivals. However, his real is far from "cool". We want voice actors who can portray his cheerful, easygoing, and clumsy self while still having his deep and cool voice.

4. NAKANE SHUU: He has a medium low voice range as well, although not as low as Shiba. His voice is mostly expressionless and rather robotic, however there are times when he's showing a slight change in emotion, and we're looking for voice actors who can portray that slight change.

5. KAZUNORI TORU: he has a soft and angelic medium high voice. He often gets cast as pre-pubescent boys for his voice acting jobs. He's shy, easily misunderstood, and really kind inside. We want voice actors that can portray the cuteness of his voice and his innocent self.

- JOB DESCRIPTION -

Payment for the role $200, includes job description as below:
1. Voicing the game
This one should be obvious. You will be voicing the main pursuablecharacters of Seiyuu Danshi, a R-18 Yaoi / Boys Love Dating sim. The game will have partial voice acting, in which only important scenesfeaturing the main guys will be voiced. (Think of Persona). We do not have exact wordcount estimates, but as the game is quite story-centric,be prepared to voice for a lot of lines.
Notes: Please keep in mind that you WILL be voicing explicit sexual intercourse featuring 2 guys inside the game before applying.

2. Promotional material
We will require you to voice for future promotional trailers of SeiyuuDanshi, as well as voicing the Opening Video.

3. Singing OP song
Our OP Movie will have a song sung by 5 pursuable characters + MC’s voice actor. As such, we require those who apply to have decent singing skill (better singing skill will be an aspect to consider) and is willing to sing the OP song.

- HOW IS THE VOICE ACTOR CHOSEN? -

We will begin by screening out the submissions (audition lines) by 2 main criterias:
1. Technical side: whether the voice files meet the recording requirements or not
2. Character side: whether the voice suits the character or not.

Once we go through the first round of auditions, we will review what we have and pick a final set of people for callbacks. During this callback period, you might be asked to do more in-depth lines for these characters so we get to know more about your voice and other stuff.

Final cast will be determined by PUBLIC and BACKERS voting. More details about this will be disclosed after the screening phase has ended.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask it in this thread. Happy auditioning~

Mint Monster
Projects: Lunescara
Soundcloud: Mint-Monster

Re: Voice actors for Seiyuu Danshi, an 18+ Yaoi / BL Dating

#2 Post by Mint Monster »

Yo! Quick question for people (like me) who like to double check stuff.
Payment for role $200
Does this mean that the va has to pay for being involved in the project or will be payed? Sorry if the question sounds dumb, but as I said, I like to double check.

meyaoi
Regular

#3 Post by meyaoi »

Mint Monster wrote:Yo! Quick question for people (like me) who like to double check stuff.
Payment for role $200
Does this mean that the va has to pay for being involved in the project or will be payed? Sorry if the question sounds dumb, but as I said, I like to double check.
The va will be paid of course.
Why would the va pay us for providing us services? ^^;

Mint Monster

#4 Post by Mint Monster »

meyaoi wrote:
Mint Monster wrote:Yo! Quick question for people (like me) who like to double check stuff.
Payment for role $200
The va will be paid of course.
Why would the va pay us for providing us services? ^^;
Ehehe... I guess I was thinking they had to pay like as a tribute? I'm not really sure myself, people be saying stupid things around me and I got the idea. Sorry, I know it was stupid XD

Chen Li

#5 Post by Chen Li »

If it weren't for the singing part... :lol:
But good luck finding what you need. ;D

SexBomb
Regular
Completed: Up All Night, Reaper's Rite, Nameless
Projects: Up All Night 2
Organization: Fiendish Fiction
Tumblr: sexviolenceandvideogames
Deviantart: cooldrinkofwater
itch: fiendishfiction

#6 Post by SexBomb »

Wish I had a good mic and a nice singing voice... this sounds like a great project. Good luck gathering your team, I look forward to the results!

meyaoi
Regular

#7 Post by meyaoi »

Thank you for the kind words~ :D
Keep the audition coming :lol:

Mint Monster

#8 Post by Mint Monster »

Yo, it's me- the stupid person- back again with a new question!

So I read on Tumbler today from your blog that the voice actors have to be 18-years-old and older since there would be 18+ scenes. I can understand that, you know; makes sense. But, do they have to be 18-years-old and older? I mean, if there's some laws going around that people 18 and younger can't do 18+ games, then yeah okay; I got that. But if there ain't any laws and the voice is really good and it fits the character, would you let them do it?