Cafe Memoria Deux - Need Script Editor [Closed]

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
thebackup
Veteran
Completed: Final Week, CardioQuiz, Cafe Memoria, All I Want for Christmas is a Girlfriend, Dating Sim! Re:Mastered, Dating Sim! Luna's Lovely Summer
Projects: Memoria (on hiatus), Cafe Memoria Deux (cancelled)
Organization: PixaelSoft
itch: thebackup

Cafe Memoria Deux - Need Script Editor [Closed]

#1 Post by thebackup »

2016/07/26 - Closed! I've chosen an editor. Thanks to those who applied!

Café Memoria Deux is the sequel to Café Memoria, a café / waitress-themed VN. Like its predecessor, it’s an interactive slice-of-life visual novel set in a fun restaurant environment. The script is mostly complete and I need an editor to look over it!

Overview of the project

What you'll be looking at
  • A script spanning 41 documents
  • Word count between 50k-55k
  • Genre: BxG, comedy, romance, slice of life
  • PoV: First person
  • A story structure spanning the month of July, with branching points
  • 9 characters: 1 main, 5 heroines, 3 sub characters
  • 6 endings: 1 normal + 5 heroine endings

What I’m looking for
  • Improving the style and consistency of the story and its characters, and make sure writing is clear, concise
  • Fixing any typos and grammatical errors
  • Additions / ideas to the story are welcome, as long as it fits within the goals of the story
  • Try to keep it between 50k-60k words
  • Reliability
  • Motivation and commitment!

Requirements
  • Someone who has a good knowledge of the English language, specifically American English.
  • Some experience in:
  • - Creative writing, amateur or professional
  • - Writing for other VNs
  • Writing has to touch on the senses, specifically sight and smell, as there are scenes involving food.
  • Must be comfortable reading / writing some suggestive themes and some foul language. There’s no sexual content, however.
  • Editing period is within two and a half months / 9-10 weeks, with weekly updates; minimum of 6000 words a week. See “Budget” below.

Budget
Compensation is around $500-$600, depending on word count of final product, at 1 cent per word. Willing to pay on a weekly basis, at least 6000 words a week ($60), via paypal. Open to reasonable extensions, and negotiable.

Recruitment Process
During the recruitment process I will be selecting a few people to edit a test sample of the script. From there I will decide who gets to edit the script.

If interested please inquire via PM or email here, with samples of previous works. Note: please when sending samples don’t copy / paste it in your message, but send as link or attachment. Of course let me know here if you have any questions and concerns. Thanks for looking and I hope to hear from you!

Application Deadline: July 26 (may be extended)