Adult VN Quest Failed seeking Assistant Writer! (MAY 2018 UPDATE))

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
FrostWorks

#1 Post by FrostWorks »

Quest Failed is an episodic adult visual novel currently in development, focusing on the journey of an aspiring adventurer, and the various monster girls he encounters in his quests; of which he ultimately succumbs to each time.

What starts as a series of failed quests for the poor adventurer--and the various monsters that seem to tag along with him whether he likes it or not with each subsequent failure--soon spirals into something greater as he stumbles upon a village in flames, an undead horde, and a mysterious girl commanding said zombies.

Could this adventurer's fate be tied into far greater things than he could ever imagine? Or will he end up becoming little more than a toy to the monster girls that stalk his every movement? It's up to you to decide!

I've updated and bumped the thread as of May 2018 after the successful release of Quest Failed: Chapter One and am in search several different people to help continue to make the series be as great as it can be!

NEW POST AS OF MAY, 2018:
Hiya there,

Bumping this thread back up as I'm now in need of some additional assistance as I bring Chapter Two to life!

I am in search of:

- Assistant Writer
Someone with experience in writing adult visual novels to work with me in writing the large script required of Quest Failed: Chapter Two. A passion for this line of work is expected, along with a love of monster girls and everything that may come with that territory. I'm looking for someone I can work with rather closely, with frequent, rapid communication via the likes of Skype or Discord, so that we can bounce ideas back and forth and put together the best story we can! In addition to exchanging ideas, I would also assign specific scenes to you to flesh out, based on what you might want to write at the time. As given the open ended nature of the game, many scenes don't necessarily play out in a strict order, so we can tackle a large number of them at any time.

This role will have a very large impact on the development of the VN and I'll be looking for people who are very serious about the job.

---

If the position interests you, please feel free to PM me, email me at unlimitedfrostworks@gmail.com or post here with any questions you might have regarding things. Please be sure to note any relevant experience you might have regarding the position, along with your portfolio.

It's important to also understand that this is an adult project, with a very large focus on graphic scenes of a sexual nature. So please only apply if you're comfortable with this sort of thing.

If you wish to learn more about the game, I'll avoid linking to it directly here, but a google search of 'Quest Failed' should bring you to its itch.io page very quickly to give a better rundown of what it features.

In terms of payment, I'll be happy to discuss things and go along with what your going rate might be for the job, keeping in mind that this is a commercial project.

Thank you for your time and I hope to hear from you soon!
~FrostWorks
Last edited by FrostWorks on Sat May 26, 2018 7:31 pm, edited 7 times in total.

blackrabbitXIII

Re: Adult monster girl VN 'Quest Failed' seeking artists

#2 Post by blackrabbitXIII »

Sent you an email :)

FrostWorks

Re: Adult monster girl VN 'Quest Failed' seeking BG artist!

#3 Post by FrostWorks »

Hiya there, thanks to all who applied!

I can happily say I have selected several people to finish the remaining CG scenes. Please look forward to the full release!

In addition, I'm bumping this thread back up as I am now in search of a background artist who is capable of matching the style of the current background assets I have, to help finish development of the game.

FrostWorks

Re: Adult monster girl VN 'Quest Failed' seeking BG artist!

#4 Post by FrostWorks »

Hiya there,

Bumping this thread back up as I'm in search of a sprite/CG artist! Or several, depending on who I feel might mesh well with the overall style of the project.

The first chapter has been released and met with success, and now I'm working hard to create the second chapter with the hopes of creating something far larger now that I have the budget.

Due to the increased scope of the second chapter, I find myself in need of additional artists to help with the workload so no one artist is too overwhelmed and things are finished in a timely manner.

At a last look at things I estimate there to be at least 5 additional characters that would need to be conceptualised from references and then brought to life in the form of sprites, each of which having 1 CG scene at a minimum, though this could grow depending on things. (How fast other artists deliver work, etc.)

Examples of current character artwork may be found here (semi-NSFW):
[1] [2] [3] [4] [5]
(Large examples can be given on request!)

I would be happy to pay whatever rates you deem fair for such work, with the expectation that this is a commercial project and as such, the game will be put up for sale.

The expectations of any artist who applies would be as follows:

- Be able to match, or at least come close to the anime style demonstrated in the example pieces. I would like to keep a general consistency between art assets, though am willing to be lenient so long as it's not too far off.

- Be able and willing to draw 'monster girls', who may sometimes have slightly unusual characteristics from regular humans, resulting in out of the ordinary situations in the 'h-scenes' and so on.

- Be comfortable with the fact that this is an adult project, and as such for the CG scenes, scenes of a sexual nature would need to be drawn out.

- Be able to deliver work in a consistent manner and adhere to deadlines that might be set. I can be flexible to a degree on how long it might take for an asset to be finished, but it's important that each piece is done by whatever date we might feel is fair between ourselves so I can plan accordingly with other artists.

If you believe this is something you can manage, please feel free to get in touch with me with relevant examples and rates! If you have any questions regarding anything about the project, you can post them here, PM me, or email me at: unlimitedfrostworks@gmail.com

FrostWorks

Re: Adult monster girl VN 'Quest Failed' seeking artists!

#5 Post by FrostWorks »

Hiya there,

Bumping this thread back up as I'm now in need of the talent of several different people to help development of the second chapter of the game go along smoothly.

I am in search of:

- GUI Artist
Someone with experience in creating sleek graphic user interfaces that are both appealing to the eye and functional. This would extend to all facets of the game from the main menu, to the dialogue box, and everything in between. Knowledge of also coding and implementing the systems is optional, but preferred.

- Editor/Writer
Someone willing to go through what is written for the game and tighten up any potential errors or mistakes found in the dialogue/narration, along with being able to offer creative input on the development of the story and suggest ways it could be improved. Knowledge and love of monster girls would be a huge plus, as well as a general understanding of 'femdom' and other such fetishes that may tie into the series. The main writing position is filled, though if I felt someone was an incredibly good fit alongside the existing content of the game, I could potentially expand the scope of the job.

- Programmer/Scripter
Someone with a vast knowledge of Ren'py's inner workings and the Python framework of which it runs on, able to help with implementation of various systems that would be prominent in Chapter Two.

---

If any such position interests you, please feel free to PM me, email me at unlimitedfrostworks@gmail.com or post here with any questions you might have regarding things. Please be sure to note any relevant experience you might have regarding the position, along with your portfolio.

It's important to also understand that this is an adult project, with a very large focus on graphic scenes of a sexual nature. So please only apply if you're comfortable with this sort of thing.

If you wish to learn more about the game, I'll avoid linking to it directly here, but a google search of 'Quest Failed' should bring you to its itch.io page very quickly to give a better rundown of what it features.

In terms of payment, I'll be happy to discuss things and go along with what your going rate might be for the job, keeping in mind that this is a commercial project.

naqlada
Regular
Projects: Plenty awesome ones. Search my posts or just ask, won't bite...

Re: Adult VN Quest Failed seeking GUI artist+editor+programm

#6 Post by naqlada »

Emailed regarding Editor/Writer opening.

HarukaNami
Regular
Projects: Dire Love, The Exorcynic, Full Hearts, Cheat Heat

#7 Post by HarukaNami »

sent you an email for programmer's role!

FrostWorks

#8 Post by FrostWorks »

A big thank you to everyone who expressed interest in the positions!

I apologize if I was unable to get back to all of you regarding things, but all of the roles are now filled for now.

Thanks again, and keep an eye on this space for more potential jobs in the future!

FrostWorks

Re: Adult VN Quest Failed seeking Sound Editor! (DEC 2017 UPDATE))

#9 Post by FrostWorks »

Hiya there,

Bumping this thread back up as I'm now in need of some additional assistance as I bring Chapter Two to life!

I am in search of:

- Sound Editor
Someone with experience in creating/sourcing out/editing tailor-made SFX for a project. As this is a fantasy game, there would be a wide variety of sound effects needed (swords clashing, fantasy magic, etc.) so experience with this particular genre would be preferred.

Depending on your rates for such work, there may also be extra work available with helping cutting/cleaning up voiced lines, as the game has a lot of voiced dialogue.

More details can be found in the first post, thank you!

inkeyesmusic
Projects: Trumpealo, Pet City Ballons, Kibo, Tabaco Asesino, Garnet
IRC Nick: inkeyesmusic
Tumblr: inkeyesmusic
Soundcloud: inkeyesmusic

#10 Post by inkeyesmusic »

Hi, I'm sending you a email for this. I'm interested!

Korochi
Regular

#11 Post by Korochi »

I'm just sending you email. I interested and ready for it!

FrostWorks

#12 Post by FrostWorks »

Hiya there,

I am in search of:

- Assistant Writer
Someone with experience in writing adult visual novels to work with me in writing the large script required of Quest Failed: Chapter Two. A passion for this line of work is expected, along with a love of monster girls and everything that may come with that territory. I'm looking for someone I can work with rather closely, with frequent, rapid communication via the likes of Skype or Discord, so that we can bounce ideas back and forth and put together the best story we can! In addition to exchanging ideas, I would also assign specific scenes to you to flesh out, based on what you might want to write at the time. As given the open ended nature of the game, many scenes don't necessarily play out in a strict order, so we can tackle a large number of them at any time.

This role will have a very large impact on the development of the VN and I'll be looking for people who are very serious about the job.

More details can be found in the first post, thank you!

SypherZent
Veteran
Completed: Multiverse Heroes, Space Hamster in Turmoil

Re: Adult VN Quest Failed seeking Assistant Writer! (MAY 2018 UPDATE))

#13 Post by SypherZent »

I would like to apply for Assistant Writer for Quest Failed.
All of the relevant information regarding my experience, past work, and rates, can be found in my signature.
My autobiography is on BookBaby (link available in my services thread).

Thanks for providing the opportunity.
Creator of Multiverse Heroes & Space Hamster in Turmoil

Want me to code your game?
Check my services thread!