HIRING CG ARTISTS & WRITERS - Harem Protagonist

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
CuddleBeam
Regular

HIRING CG ARTISTS & WRITERS - Harem Protagonist

#1 Post by CuddleBeam »

Edit 16/09/2016: Merged CG and Writer hiring into a single thread due to Lemmasoft staff request

Hey Everyone! We here at StarBeam are looking to hire a new batch of artists and about four writers for our game, Harem Protagonist.

Our story starts out with you being born into a new and fresh Harem Show. You're the main character, and oddly enough, you're aware of that. With the help of the Narrator - a semi-omnipresent voice that only you can hear (because protagonist privileges, bruh) you now have the quest of conquering the hearts of several hot anime chicks.

Let's just hope that you're good enough for the task. Handling so many sweethearts will be a challenge!
Characters:
Kiyoko - Wolf in Sheep's clothing
So sweet and kind that boys want her and girls want to be her. Be warned, however: that gentle smile belies a dark heart, beating with desire and cruelty... and she's decided that it should be aaaaall yours. Whether you want it or not.

Ayano - Gamer Dandere (Main writer: Kuiper)
A gamer appears! Now here's a girl who'd love for you to carry her books... because her hand are always busy trying to finish off one more quest before class. Reality is one realm in which she lacks high scores, so maybe you can come up with a new adventure for her to embark on.

Izumi - Boob Tsundere
Although she's quick to bust out insults, she's actually got some well-rounded personality traits. The fact is: she's straining to keep a secret close to her chest.

Hotaru - Tinkerer Tomboy
With some of the most skilled hands on this side of the Pacific, she is quick to bury herself in her projects. From computers to drones, from cell phones to cars... Maybe she should invent something to remind her to bring her own school lunch for once.

Satomi - Foreign Foodie (Main writer: Kuiper)
This blonde beauty's life back home lacked a certain je ne sais quoi and felt that studying Japan's traditional dishes would spice things up. Unfortunately, a shy girl is a shy girl no matter what hemisphere... perhaps she needs a friendly garçon to give her a new menu of opportunities.

Ava - Paranormal Investigator Loli
She may be tiny - but she has big, supernatural ambitions! This occult obsessive is one cemetery break-in away from ending up getting into Deep Ones... er, deep trouble.

Sakaguchi - Athlete Girl
Not just a gifted athlete and a Japanese history buff - she's also one of the most beautiful and stylish girls at school. Whether on the field or off, she handles everything with the strength and devotion of the ancient samurai.

(Sprite to be made)
(Unnamed) - Mafia Princess
Unlocked Kickstarter stretchgoal character. Rich and spoiled, but innocent and naïve! This Yakuza sweetheart will bring danger, intrigue, and plenty of laughing into the back of her hand. To be further developed.

----CGs----

Positions
  • CG Line artist
  • CG Colorist
Qualifications:
  • Must be familiar with composition and anatomy.
  • Must be able to match other character styles
  • Able to work with .psd files.
  • Work well collaborating with others
  • Previous experience with Visual Novels a Plus
Expected Work:
  • About 60-70 CGs + minor variations
  • The variations will be dependent on the Wishstone (which will be ecchi "magic" effects). So, a no-skirt/no-pants version (for pantyvision), a "larger breasts" version, etc.
  • The CGs will rarely include the protagonist Shujin, but in the case that he is present, a female version of him should be made as well as a variant to the base CG.
Please contact us at (Hiring@starbeamstudio.com) with your rates, samples of your work, typical turnaround time and availability. Thank you so much and we look forward to hearing from you!

----WRITING----

Hello! We're looking to bring on board writers to write events for the game! Each writer will focus on one (or two) girls, and write events for them. While each will primarily focus on one girl, writers will write some events which involve multiple girls.

What we're looking for:
  • Knowledge of Harem Anime/Manga/VNs and Japanese culture.
  • The ability to take criticism and build upon feedback.
  • Skype and/or Discord availability.
  • Long term commitment.
  • Work well collaborating with others
  • Readiness to write at least 4k words a week.
What we offer you:
  • A paid role with a large amount of reliable income for you: No "buts" or "ifs". This goes in hand with the "long term commitment" point. We have all of the funds we need from the Kickstarter, and a set amount of writing that needs to be done. Payment can be made immediately per fraction of work if you'd like. You can plan accordingly.
  • Creative freedom, backed up with a huge amount of idea support: While there is already a general plan, the game is very versatile and modular - if you have an idea, just pitch it to me, and we can make it happen. Additionally, if you ever feel you need some inspiration, we have a forum with over 500 kickstarter backers who are always tossing around great ideas. There will always be creative freshness.
  • Decision power over assets that depend on writing: The animations and CGs will depend on the written content. Via your script, you will be able to control that.
  • Awesome dedicated lead production guy (me lol) who will be always around to help you out. This won't be some job where you're just tossed a task and left alone to do it. I'll be here to guide you, give you assistance to solve any problems that may arise, and make sure that you can work comfortably and happily.
  • Largest amount of exposure any current Kickstarter EVN can give and personal growth. This isn't some dead end job. We're the #1 most funded EVN on Kickstarter without any previous following. We're the absolute bomb. Writing for me will give you the chance to learn, to grow, to make a name for yourself, and if you're already someone established, this will allow you to reinforce your position even further. Valueable contacts are important for me, and I don't want to just find the valueable contacts, I want to create the valuable contacts from the people I hire. You.

Expected Work:
  • Each girl will need about 50 events. Events average at 1,5k words each, to that's a total workload of about 1,5k * 50 = 75000 words.
  • You can opt to be the main writer for up to two girls.
  • Events should be either "minor" (random events about minor things, for example, a small chat about what's her favorite food), "routes" (chains of events which involve a single girl, for example, hunting a ghost together across several days) or "arcs" (chains of events which involve several girls, for example, joining the school newspaper team). Each type of event should be approximately a third of the total amount of events (so about 17 of each kind).
  • $10 per 1k words (so about $750 per girl, $1500 if you opt for two), negotiable (for example, you have provable experience of having worked prior in a similar published EVN, large amount of fanfiction stories related to the harem genre, etc)
Please contact us at (Hiring@starbeamstudio.com) with:
  • Samples of your work
  • Typical turnaround time
  • Availability
  • Girl/s you'd like to focus on, or if you'd like to be assigned one.
  • Anything additional you'd like to add!
Extra: The "Mafia Princess" needs to be developed. If you opt to write for her, send me a pitch for her as well, describing her personality, background, possible events and possible relationship with the other other characters (base info here: https://i.gyazo.com/16eb6f584828f7c623a ... 186a38.png, you have freedom for anything else). If I hire you, I'll give you a $30 bonus after writing her first 5 events.

Thank you so much in advance and I look forward to hearing from you!
Last edited by CuddleBeam on Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:32 am, edited 12 times in total.

CuddleBeam
Regular

Re: HIRING CG ARTISTS & WRITERS - Harem Protagonist

#2 Post by CuddleBeam »

Writing and CG recruitment threads merged per Lemmasoft staff request.

Thread also improved and made SNAZZIER with some layout adjustments and short character intros.

We look forwards to hearing from you!

suletama
Projects: Truth Beneath the Rose, Contract of Cards ~Joker~
Organization: Clockwork Cafe
Tumblr: suletama

#3 Post by suletama »

Sent you guys an email with my application. I hope to hear back from you soon!

CuddleBeam
Regular

#4 Post by CuddleBeam »

Thank you everyone for your applications!

Writing is currently closed, but it will be re-opened shortly with restructured positions to account for the people we have managed to get so far. See you soon!

tungstemWillow
Deviantart: tungstemwillow

#5 Post by tungstemWillow »

Note sent for application.

CuddleBeam
Regular

#6 Post by CuddleBeam »

Writing, RE-OPENEEEEDDD!

naqlada
Regular
Projects: Plenty awesome ones. Search my posts or just ask, won't bite...

#7 Post by naqlada »

Closed/"RE-OPENEEEEDDD"? If there is a puzzle to be solved, I want to help. Check your email/pm.

LadyTypewriter
Regular
Completed: Doki2LC (psychological horror drama fan-made visual novel), USS Octopus (sci-fi visual novel), Fritz (cyberpunk RPG), Office Romance (otome game), Sins Virtues (boardgame), +500 more commissions live at http://sites.google.com/view/writing-commission
Projects: 1,100,000 words + $50,000 generated revenue + 200 commissions and counting
Organization: #WritingCommission
Deviantart: WritingCommission
itch: https://writingcommi

#8 Post by LadyTypewriter »

Hi. I'll accept your offer if you're still interested. Please check your email inbox.
#WritingCommission
official website: http://sites.google.com/view/writing-commission (info, samples, order)
email: writing.commission21@gmail.com
discord chat: WritingCommission#6065 http://discordapp.com/invite/MeKuC9G
concept art/storyboard: http://sites.google.com/view/manga-commission

shunrei

#9 Post by shunrei »

i would like to apply as a writer, please kindly send me a PM or two if you are interested, i can opt for CG too, but i guess it filled up
here's my CG, and, the website holding stories of mine is down so i can't give you example of my writing for now.

http://gianeka.deviantart.com/

FlameSilver

#10 Post by FlameSilver »

I sent an email quite a while ago but haven't heard anything back yet. I'm not sure if you just haven't replied or potentially my email was put into the spam folder and you have missed it. If you haven't seen an email from me then that is the likely case, I was applying for a writing position.

Abuelitaland
Regular
Projects: Ways To The Grave(18+/Gore), Pantyline(18+)
Tumblr: sketchyland

#11 Post by Abuelitaland »

Hey Cuddle! Just sent an email (YAGOT)... I forgot to mention it, but my fav girls: Kiyoko, Ayano, Hotaru, Ava and Mafia Princess!

UPA

#12 Post by UPA »

Hello! I've sent you guys an e-mail. Did you receive it?

zankizuna
Veteran
Completed: Monochrome Valentine
Projects: Softwar
Deviantart: raseru09
itch: ZanKizuna

#13 Post by zankizuna »

I just want to play this game. Looks so darn cute and moe.

dmasterxd
Regular
Completed: Mage Wars
Projects: Falling Star
Organization: Star Guide

#14 Post by dmasterxd »

Sent an email. Hope you'll consider me.

CuddleBeam
Regular

#15 Post by CuddleBeam »

Open again, sorry for the silence.

Ava, Kiyoko and Izumi require writers, and Mafia Princess Youko needs an assistant writer (original writer will give direction and help).

Easier contact is through Discord: Cuddlebeam#2257 or Skype: Cuddlebeam.

Thank you in advance!