Crystalline - [Fantasy] - (Filled!)

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
PixelFade
Regular

Crystalline - [Fantasy] - (Filled!)

#1 Post by PixelFade »

Hello,

We are looking to expand our team with a writer and composer for our upcoming visual novel, Crystalline!

Crystalline is a comedy-centric, fantasy adventure, visual novel with an in-depth romance system. With hundreds of choices available, players can experience the storyline and interact with characters in a much more personalized way.

The protagonist finds himself mysteriously transported to Terra, a fantasy world empowered by magical crystals. Not long after arriving does he run into Leanna, a Mage-Knight investigating rumors of concentrated energy in the area… which she learns is radiating from him! Together, they journey to understand how he got here and a way for him to return home. They soon discover that his arrival to Terra is more than just a coincidence!

Artwork and Details
Please check out Crystalline's website for additional details and artwork.
Writer Position [Filled!]
Your primary role will be to create the narration and script. You will be working closely with our Storyboard planner and editor to bring the world to life. If the concept of brainstorming ideas, fleshing out characters, content creation, mapping story arcs, and then watching it all come to life with sound, art, and voice seems appealing... then we would love to have you join our team!

WHAT WE'D LIKE FROM YOU:
- Team Player
- Receptive to Feedback (Taking criticism to improve writing rather than getting defensive)
- Long Term Commitment (Writing completion estimated for Q3 - 2017)
- Skype Voice Chatting (For team meetings)
- Fantasy Experience

PAYMENT:
Payment will be at a per word count rate.

WORD COUNT EXPECTATION:
Delivering a minimum of 15,000 word count monthly

HOW TO APPLY:
Click here for full application details.

Composer Position [Filled!]
We are looking for a talented composer to create the BGM for Crystalline!

WHAT WE'D LIKE FROM YOU:
- Team Player
- Receptive to Feedback (Taking criticism to improve tracks rather than getting defensive)
- Long Term Commitment (music completion estimated for Q3 - 2017)
- A "Ragnarok Online" / "La Tale" signature of music
Track Samples:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCUIWiPSaG4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZ3f_MnQeaI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhwRXOkyLM0

DEADLINE EXPECTATION:
A completed track every 4 - 7 days would work perfectly.

HOW TO APPLY:
Please send relevant music samples to team@pixelfade.com along with your commission rate.

About Us
PixelFade is an indie studio that makes choice heavy visual novels. We successfully released ACE Academy in August 2016 which currently holds a 96% user review score overall. We gained quite a bit of experience from that first project and aim to leverage everything we learned into Crystalline!
Last edited by PixelFade on Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:55 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Thinking Robot

Re: Crystalline - [Fantasy] - Seeking Writer and Composer

#2 Post by Thinking Robot »

Writing applicants beware, they may use your work and not credit you for it.

-From a source who worked in their previous game.

PixelFade
Regular

Re: Crystalline - [Fantasy] - Seeking Writer and Composer

#3 Post by PixelFade »

Thinking Robot wrote:Writing applicants beware, they may use your work and not credit you for it.

-From a source who worked in their previous game.
"Source" is user Kuroi_Usagi. They were on the ACE Academy project for 2 weeks of which they missed both writer team meetings (held weekly) from their start date. Additional to this, they severely under-performed what they promised they could deliver. Given the circumstance, we had to part ways with them.

Admins, please let us know if you require full details and transcript of what occurred as the user is currently behaving maliciously towards us given the events of their termination.

ResonanceGames
Projects: Project: STAR SHINE
Organization: Resonant Eclipse Studio
Deviantart: EdgeSymphonia

Re: Crystalline - [Fantasy] - Seeking Writer

#4 Post by ResonanceGames »

Uhh...I'll be sending an email soon, so please notify me if the position is filled

PixelFade
Regular

#5 Post by PixelFade »

Writer role is currently open, composer role has been filled!

Best Regards,

luvl12
Projects: Life in Helsinki

#6 Post by luvl12 »

Hello. My name is Parker and I would love to work on this project with you all. I've worked on one VN before entitled "Stay" on Cloudnovel and would love to do more work. I've written short stories and other things, however this would be my second VN. If your team doesn't mind a rather "new" person to the scene, then please consider me. If you need to contact me, the please email me at: leeannparker26@gmail.com or skype me at luvl12

Fluxx
Regular
Projects: Magnificent//Omniversal Love, Nature's Kingdom
Organization: Natural Freedom
IRC Nick: Fluxx
Tumblr: superfunspacejam

#7 Post by Fluxx »

Pixelfade, I'm curious about the foreseeable deadline to your applications?
CURRENT PROJECTS (Ongoing)
Nature's Kingdom - A Girl Wishes for Utopia -
Web Novel that takes place in the same universe as Magnificent//Omniversal Love.

PixelFade
Regular

#8 Post by PixelFade »

Fluxx wrote:Pixelfade, I'm curious about the foreseeable deadline to your applications?
Hi Fluxx, both roles have been filled at this time. Thanks for your interest though!

Best Regards,

DragoonHP
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Christmas
IRC Nick: DragoonHP

Re: Crystalline - [Fantasy] - (Filled!)

#9 Post by DragoonHP »

Not required now I suppose, but I've worked with PixelFade before and they are completely ethical and a joy to work with.

shunrei

Re: Crystalline - [Fantasy] - (Filled!)

#10 Post by shunrei »

is still there any empty seat for me to apply in? I am interested in this project, i have done plenty of writings before, and i wrote comics, but they are not translated to English yet, i have better sense in story making, and i can draw as well, please kindly give me a word if you are interested.

http://gianeka.deviantart.com/