Looking for Character Sprite Artist

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
AztecKid510
Projects: Project Fate, June's Story, Wings of Man, Sword + Shield
Tumblr: AztecKid510
Deviantart: AztecKid510
Soundcloud: AztecKid510

Looking for Character Sprite Artist

#1 Post by AztecKid510 »

Hello!

I'm looking for an artist to create character sprites for my fighting-based VN. I will need the following:

3 Characters
First Character: 3 Poses, 4 Expressions
Second Character: 2 Poses, 3 Expressions
Third Character: 2 Poses, 3 Expressions

If interested, I will need an estimate on how much it would cost and the time it would take to complete them? Anything I need to know? Anything more you need to know? If anything, I can add more details within this post.

The overall look of the characters is still up for debate but there are specific features I'd want such as the heroine's eyes and hero's right arm. Other than this I don't have specific details regarding these created characters.

Details of VN:

I have an idea of what the hero and heroine will look like but the enemies will be a bit more difficult. As for the first chapter there are 3 characters present but more will be added in the following chapters. I imagine a dozen or more enemies, not including the primary enemy and side characters.

The hero will have a "first look" then in forthcoming chapter will have a "makeover" segment where he has his hairstyle and clothing style changed completely.

The story is set in my created fantasy world. I'm still working out the details but I imagine it to be a modern/futuristic setting. This will include a mix of modern/futuristic buildings, architecture. Clothing will be a mix of modern and futuristic as well. (Similar to present day clothing and clothing from Mirror's Edge).

All of this is unofficial but is overall what I'm looking for. Honestly, I'd like to bring in another writer to help brainstorm and write dialouge, background environments and so on. I had originally created this story to be in comic book format so it is very short, but, I would like to convert it into a VN so there would be more details added to the story.

About the Story

The story is about a heroine who wants to save the "kingdom" (this term can be changed) she lives in from "The Dark King". As she doesn't have the physical abilities to defeat the enemies that she encounters, she meets the Hero who does. Her only abilities are her smarts and her legendary eyes. The two of them team up to fight The Dark King, unite other kingdoms and save the people from The Dark King's rule.

Please email me with the info as well as links/attachments of artwork if you're interested.

Thank you,

Caesar
AztecKid510@gmail.com
Last edited by AztecKid510 on Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Chen Li

Re: Looking for Character Sprite Artist

#2 Post by Chen Li »

Hi there!

I am quite intrigued by your offer. Mainly because you say your game is fighting based. I am quite interested how to interprete that.
It might be helpful to know what kinda style you are after or at least what some vague direction. Like, say, cute or cool. Some more information about your game in general would be nice to know, too. If you are fine with revealing any more, of course.

Since I don't have anything to show that is up to date (improved quite a bit since my last finished sprites and aren't allowed to share the newer ones I did in the meantime) and actually planned to start to build a new portfolio these days anyway, I'd like to have a general idea for what you are looking for so I might consider to include that information into my first new pieces.

Niwa
Regular

#3 Post by Niwa »

hi! I sent you an Email with my rates and rough time estimate.

This project (although maybe a little vague) sounds really interesting! I'm kind of excited!

AztecKid510

#4 Post by AztecKid510 »

Chen Li wrote:Hi there!

I am quite intrigued by your offer. Mainly because you say your game is fighting based. I am quite interested how to interprete that.
It might be helpful to know what kinda style you are after or at least what some vague direction. Like, say, cute or cool. Some more information about your game in general would be nice to know, too. If you are fine with revealing any more, of course.

Since I don't have anything to show that is up to date (improved quite a bit since my last finished sprites and aren't allowed to share the newer ones I did in the meantime) and actually planned to start to build a new portfolio these days anyway, I'd like to have a general idea for what you are looking for so I might consider to include that information into my first new pieces.

Hello!

Thank you for responding to my post. When I say fighting based, I'm referring to over the top/epic action. I'm heavily influenced by One Punch Man's action so it would be something similar to that. I could post the script but I'm in the process of revising it (just small parts and for grammar, punctuation, etc.)

Regarding art style, I would say it's more along the lines of cool. So cool looking and stylized characters: Cool and sharp dressed hero, stylish and attractive looking heroine, cool looking enemies.

Mellanthe
Regular

#5 Post by Mellanthe »

I think it would be a good idea to give people a brief synopsis of your project too so they know what to expect. Is it fantasy-based? Modern day? Mecha? etc.

And since you said you don't know much about the characters you want drawn, maybe a basic profile of each character, such as their gender, age and species (if that is applicable). I know that artists sometimes specialize in certain things so they might be able to draw the first character but find the other two challenging. Finally, is it only the three characters in the entire game? In your last post you mentioned enem(ies), so if you are looking for more later on, you best throw that out there.

That being said, good luck on finding an artist! ^u^b

eadgear
Regular
Deviantart: Edogreed

#6 Post by eadgear »

email sent

whitty-boo
Regular
Projects: Caramel Mokaccino, Connection Pending, Cadence is Elsewhere
Tumblr: jwhitnee

#7 Post by whitty-boo »

I sent an email! Good luck on finding an artist for your project, it seems to have a promising concept :)

Email or PM me for rates | www.jwhitneyart.com

Chen Li

#8 Post by Chen Li »

AztecKid510 wrote:Thank you for responding to my post. When I say fighting based, I'm referring to over the top/epic action. I'm heavily influenced by One Punch Man's action so it would be something similar to that. I could post the script but I'm in the process of revising it (just small parts and for grammar, punctuation, etc.)

Regarding art style, I would say it's more along the lines of cool. So cool looking and stylized characters: Cool and sharp dressed hero, stylish and attractive looking heroine, cool looking enemies.
Wow! Sounds awesome. Also enjoyed the epicness and feel of that show very much. Looking forward to see your project come to life.
I'll make sure to send you some stuff later and hope to not be too late to the party by then.

AztecKid510

#9 Post by AztecKid510 »

Hello yall!

I want to thank everyone who has taken the time to respond to this post and showed interest in my project. I have found someone to create the sprites/chibis so I will need to close this post.

I DO want to mention that I will be needing individuals with the following skills:

Event/CGs - for battle sequences and other key moments in the story.
Audio
Writer
GUI (possibly)

So please, keep on the lookout for my future posts!

Thanks again!