English translation/localization work for Korean VN

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
BlackRoomDev

English translation/localization work for Korean VN

#1 Post by BlackRoomDev »

Hello,

We're looking for someone interested in translating and/or localizing a Visual Novel (originally written in Korean).

Overview

흡혈귀의 연애방법
How a vampire loves human

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... main.renew

- Team BlackRoom started working on it's first Visual Novel starting from early 2014.

- We released the first version (main episode) in November 2015 on google play store.

- It took another year to complete/release all ending episodes (4 for each female character)

- The genre is a BxG romance Visual Novel (We self rate it as a 15+ rating, because of minor violence, nudity, etc)

Who are we looking for?

We would like to expand our reach from Korea alone to other Visual Novel communities - first off, being English-speaking communities.

We are looking for someone with a writing background to help us achieve this.

The original script is in Korean, so we have roughly two options.

1) The best option would be for someone who speaks both Korean and English (with a writing background) to complete the job~

2) The second option would be for me to roughly translate it into English and then let someone else proofread, modify, and localize it for an English audience. (Note: Although my English is fine for communication, I am not a writer)

Compensation

Payment would be a one-time payment for the job, and possibly extra payment(s) after the game releases to the market.

The amount would depend on the amount of work to be done, but we are open to discussion.

Also...

It would be even better if you are interested in helping out for future projects as a translator, writer, and concept (character, story, etc) designer for the projects.

These are all up for discussion.

Thank you very much for reading all the way, and if you are interested please let us know how to contact you via PM~

We would like to talk about your skills, interests to find the best-match.

BlackRoomDev

Re: English translation/localization work for Korean VN

#2 Post by BlackRoomDev »

Seems like my pasted link was shortened and broken.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... main.renew

Here's the link to the play store app, if anyone is interested.

Albridge
Regular

#3 Post by Albridge »

@BlackRoomDev, you can also edit the main post by using the button at the lower right hand corner. I suggest you do this as well as it will be the first impression people have when seeing your post.

GentleBolt987

#4 Post by GentleBolt987 »

Hello! My name is Ivana Yang and I am interested in being a translator for your game. To tell you a little bit about myself, I can speak Korean and English fluently and come from an art background. I am currently a fourth year concentrating in illustration and have been working in game development for about 1 year as an artist. I have recently branched out to other roles and currently working on a project as a writer and game designer. Please let me know if I qualify! Here is my email address: yivana.yang@gmail.com

Omega Fallon
Projects: Scarlet-sama's Family
Organization: Team Abnormality Adventures
Tumblr: omegafallon
Soundcloud: omega-fallon
itch: omegafallon

#5 Post by Omega Fallon »

I don't speak Korean at all, but if that isn't an issue, I would be happy to help proofread.
Make something cool and unique that you be proud of and then share it with everyone.

Albridge
Regular

#6 Post by Albridge »

Please, no gravediggery.