Artist found!

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
Ghost #9
Regular
Projects: Imaginarium
Organization: AlteRealm

Artist found!

#1 Post by Ghost #9 »

Introduction
---------------------------------------------

Good morrow, fair denizens of Lemmasoft! I was quite certain I'd be participating in NaNoRenO this year, but circumstances have conspired to make that particular endeavor darn near impossible...
But! This actually works out to be a benefit, as I've suddenly got BUCKETS of inspiration for where to take this project now that there is no time limit. Read below for more info, then feel free to drop me a line either here or via PM!

Project Overview

Title: Imaginarium
Genre: Slice-of-Life, Drama, Action/Adventure, Supernatural(???)
Warnings: Course Language, Blood/Injury, Drug Use, Illness

Summary:
Gold River Valley is a tiny town where nothing ever changes and the most exciting thing to do on a good day is hike or drink. Five young adults, each with their own reasons for why they happen to be in Gold River Valley during that particularly sweltering summer, wind up joining a local gathering that suddenly appears on the popular website Group Meet. According to the tagline, the purpose of Imaginarium is to get everyone to do something they've never done before during each of the once-weekly meetups. With that sort of goal, things were probably bound to get out of control eventually...

Setting:
Previously a fairly well-populated mining town, the area has since cleared out considerably having not produced any precious stones or minerals in well over half a century. Abandoned homesteads and mine shafts dot the area here and there; most residents are older and belong to families that have had claims to the land for several generations. Though fairly unknown, the town's pretty mountain views and interesting history does draw tourists and temporary residents every now and then.

Characters:
Gabriel: Escapes into the world of fantasy to conceal his shyness and insecurities, but somehow manages to be uncannily observant even with his nose buried in a book.
Astrid: Her frightening visage masks a heart of gold. Her heart of gold serves as a mask as well...
Dakota: An enigma who enjoys playing pranks and being confusing for basically no reason.
Iris: A proper lady with quick wits and a zeal for adventure that sometimes borders on reckless.
Theo: Approximately 50% of his attention is always focused on what must certainly be a very strange and fascinating inner world.

Character Artist

For the sake of consistency, I would prefer an artist who can create both sprites AND event CGs. You will only be responsible for characters, however! Our resident background artist will handle everything else. : )

There will be a handful of additional characters to compliment the above cast of 5 protagonists. Protagonist and major character sprites will be knee-up. Minor characters will only have side sprites (likely bust-up).

You may only be contributing linework. Since the backgrounds and sprites need to mesh well, I'm focusing more on drawing style than coloring style for this recruitment (as the background artist has offered to color as well). Coloring is not completely off the table, though!

I do not have a very specific drawing style in mind, but I definitely want something that allows for variation in facial structure (different racial backgrounds, attractive/unattractive, etc.). Only Six Faces is both real and rampant! I'm going for something veering more towards the "serious" end of the spectrum.

Examples are incredibly important! I would like to see males and females, different ages, different body types, different expressions, illustrations, previous visual novel work (if applicable), etc. etc. and so forth. Diversity is key!

Payment will be made through Paypal. I am fairly open as far as rates go, but I do not have a commercial budget! Since this will be entirely self-funded, there is unfortunately a limit I must adhere to.

**Let me know if you have any further questions at all! If I missed something or was unclear or just generally failed to provide a proper post, please let me know and I will fix that grievous error as soon as possible!**
Last edited by Ghost #9 on Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:14 am, edited 2 times in total.

AnastasiaMorning
Deviantart: AnastasiaMorning

Re: Seeking Character Artist for Action/Adventure

#2 Post by AnastasiaMorning »

Hello!
I am interested.
I can draw in warious styles, including realistic and anime style. Willing to to test task if needed. Here you can view my examples http://anastasiamorning.deviantart.com/gallery/
My prices are very negotiable. I can do sprites for 25-30 USD per sprite and 2-5 USD per clothing/expression variation depending on style and level of detail. The CGs are 35-40 USD and up. I accept Paypal.
By the way do you have any reference images in styles that you prefer? From what you described, I thought of something like Ergo Proxy/ Texhnolyze/ Terror in Resonance style. These are anime styles with quite realistic face structures https://generallycritical.files.wordpre ... ot-334.png http://www.anime-kun.net/animes/screens ... 109089.jpg I can do something like that.
If you're interested please send me a email or private messege. My email is artisticanastasia@gmail.com

GhostCracker

#3 Post by GhostCracker »

I'm interested, but wanted to know how many CGs your thinking about having?

Abuelitaland
Regular
Projects: Ways To The Grave(18+/Gore), Pantyline(18+)
Tumblr: sketchyland

#4 Post by Abuelitaland »

Hii I like your idea a lot! :) I'd love to be a part of it
I do base sprite sketches for $15, lines for $15 and color $15 (or all 3 for $40) but I'd also like to do add-ons (expr., hair, clothes) for you at $1-3

examplz
semi-realistic style/ teen girl sprite: http://media.tumblr.com/cd942d79aa62c26 ... sackew.png
sem-realistic/ adult man sprite: http://media.tumblr.com/61267c6abad797d ... sackew.png
anime style/ adult man and woman sprites: download/file.php?id=42434&mode=view
non-sprite fullbody drawing: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0g5iS ... sp=sharing

Red-Baby
Veteran
Completed: Free!: Arabian Nights, BAKED:MAGIC, I'm a love interest in my CHILDHOOD FRIEND'S reverse harem!!!, I'm a side character in a BL story!, Ell's Kitchen
Projects: Wrong Number
Organization: WitPOP
itch: red-baby

#5 Post by Red-Baby »

This sounds pretty interesting. I actually want to know more about the character Astrid.
I can draw an assortment of characters and facial expressions (I work a lot more efficiently when given references as well), so here is a link to my portfolio:
http://withoutpenorpaperportfolio.weebly.com/

Here is one of my sprite compilations:
http://orig14.deviantart.net/dc8e/f/201 ... af3uts.gif

Prices are negotiable but can range from $15 to $50

Ghost #9
Regular
Projects: Imaginarium
Organization: AlteRealm

#6 Post by Ghost #9 »

Imaginarium officially has a character artist!

Truly, thank you to everyone who responded. You're all wonderful artists! My decision was heavily based on the particular stylistic vision I had in mind. I will absolutely be considering different styles for future projects!