Looking for a coding mentor/ co-coder [NSFW +18] [CLOSED]

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
johandark
Veteran
Completed: Wild Guards, In Dreams
Projects: Pact with a witch
Deviantart: johandarkweb

Looking for a coding mentor/ co-coder [NSFW +18] [CLOSED]

#1 Post by johandark »

Hello fellow lemmasoftians,

I'm currently working on one succesful project, Pact with a witch (NSFW), which has a threat in this forum here., also a link to Facebook Page (I have more Patrons who actually pay me, than likes in FB, I don´t know why...).

The game is done in 60% on writing, sketching and programming. It´s made by Ren´py and I´m using Editra to code.

You can donwload the Public Version here.

I promised my patrons that if I achived a 2.000$ per month I would try to find help in programming since I´m really a noob. (That´s the reason this game is quite simple in gameplay, I´ve tried to make it as simple as I could since it´s my first Chose Your Own Adventure Visual Novel Videogame).

The problem is, I'm not a super great coder myself, and I'm having problems with some bits of code. So I need someone who can look at my amateur code and help me make it work, and maybe code some of the complicated bits for me from scratch since I´m pressed for time. I can do all the basic CYOA-VN coding stuff, (Specially with the kind help of some of members of this forum) but game will include gameplay at some point, (specially in final hot scenes) which I've kinda managed to make work, but there are some problems.

Tasks would involve solving problems like:

- A nice Gallery for Images, Scenes and Music.
- Translated text that appears with screen wich in game is actually not translated at all for some strange reason.
- Create a Cheating system for Premium Members (Those who pay 10$ per month) to choose their own score for each character or any other ideas you can have in mind to improve the experience without screwwing too much the non-premium members. (The idea is make a better experience the Premium, not do less the non-Premium).
- Some kind of sexual battle with dices or random results, where your score matters, but still there is the a posibility of fatal failure if dices or random happen. (I haven´t it really clear since I don´t really know the posibilites...).
- This is my first game and is quite simple, but my idea is continue working after this project and make the next one even more complex if it´s possible, so talk about it, it could be interesting in future. ^^

And other problems related to python and the more complicated fetaures of Ren'py code.

I'd also like my co-coder/mentor to write some comments on the code they write to explain how it works, and if necessary, explain some things to me via voice chat (discord or skype). You may need to use voice chat with me sometimes anyway, since I don't have time for long and complicated text chats/discussions.

Let's talk budget. My idea of limit for this right now is about 400USD/per month (about 100USD/per week), and I wouldn't give all of it in advance - rather, I can give maybe 20-100USD at a time, each batch after each solved problem, the amount depending on the difficulty of the task/problem (not the time or complication time, in fact as faster and easier the problem is solved, I would appreciate it more). Or you can suggest a solution that works for you. If we hit it off and work together well, there's potentially more money available later. I pay through Paypal.

If you're interested, you can comment here or PM me, but I prefer PM's since it's easier to keep track of them. Please include links to any previous renpy games you have coded, and explain a bit what you can do code-wise (in simple terms that an amateur can understand :'D). If you have rates or something, please link it to me, some problems might involve a lot of code to go through, but actually have an easy fix.

One but not the least thing. This project contains
  • Cartoon Violence
    Fantasy Violence
    Realistic Violence
    Realistic Bloodshed
    Sexual Violence
    Alcohol Use
    Drug Reference
    Tobacco Reference
    Nudity
    Graphic Sexual Themes
    Strong Language
    Mature Humor
So I need someone who has an open mind. Thanks!
Last edited by johandark on Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

johandark
Veteran

Re: Looking for a coding mentor/ co-coder [NSFW +18]

#2 Post by johandark »

An example of things I don´t know how to do, is this thread.
Just to make an idea of problems I can get into.

I do repeat, I´m looking for a Code Mentor/Co-coder, who teach me and help me improve on my skills on programing and also help me on my project, not just a professional Programmer who programs and then I don´t understand a single line of what he coded... :S

Thanks!

DaBackpack
Tumblr: dabackpack
Github: dabackpack

#3 Post by DaBackpack »

Do you have any prior programming experience?

johandark
Veteran

#4 Post by johandark »

DaBackpack wrote:Do you have any prior programming experience?
The videogame I´m doing right now. Pact with a witch.

I´ve done everything, writing, drawing and code of this game. (With the help of some dudes of this forum when I had doubts ^^).

johandark
Veteran

Re: Looking for a coding mentor/ co-coder [NSFW +18] [CLOSED

#5 Post by johandark »

Thanks for all your private messages. I have now a Programming mentor. So I close this thread. ;)