Name my game (Closed)

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
Zetsubou
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: See my signature
Github: koroshiya
itch: zetsuboushita

Name my game (Closed)

#1 Post by Zetsubou »

Long story short, I can't think of a decent title for my next game. So I've decided to pay someone to think of one for me.
Due to the nature of this request, I've decided to make this more like a competition rather than hired work. Anybody can chime in, and you can offer multiple names. (Limit it to a reasonable number. If you have a lot, pick your best few)

The way it works is like this:
-Read the game description, important elements, etc.
-Come up with something apt or witty
-Post the name (or names) as a reply to this thread. Do NOT PM names

Titles must be:
-Fairly short. 2-6 words, ideally 3-4
-Not offensive, sexual, use existing trademarks, etc.
-Not taken, or too close to another game's name

After 1 week I will choose a name from among the replies. If I don't like any of them enough to use them, I'll extend the deadline by another week.
If there's still no clear winner after 2 weeks, I'll pick one as a placeholder title, and that person will get paid anyway.

Payment is $15 USD for the winning title, and $10 USD for a name for the academy (read the game description below). You can name either or both, and the title can potentially include the name of the academy.
Payment will be through paypal, though I can also do a bank transfer if you have an Australian bank account.

Onto the game itself...

You play as Sable, a young (wo)man who has been accepted into a prestigious magic academy.
Sable is weak, and not very experienced in magic, but is very dedicated to his/her research, and has made a number of discoveries which could change the world's fundamental understanding of how magic works.

Most of the main cast are demi-humans; non-human races that are similar to humans in appearance or biology. Some are part human, others simply take human form.
The races include, but are not limited to: elves, pixies, mandragora, and succubi.

The game starts in a fairly relaxed, comedic manner, with Sable entering the academy, learning about demi-humans (who make up the vast majority of the students at the academy), and the player being spoonfed lore in small chunks.

As the game progresses, things become increasingly serious. Crimes are committed on campus, non-human races are hunted and killed, and some of the decisions you've made will have a direct and devastating effect on how things play out.

So the important things I'd like for the title to express are:
-The game revolves around magic (maybe work in the fact that it's a magic academy)
-Lots of monster girls
-It's not (just) a harem game. Anyone grabbing a copy and wanting to just flirt with monster girls is gonna be disappointed
These points don't all need to be included, but they are worth noting.

If you need more information, or feel that I've missed something that would help with the naming, please ask in a reply to this thread.
Last edited by Zetsubou on Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Finished games
-My games: Sickness, Wander No More, Max Massacre, Humanity Must Perish, Tomboys Need Love Too, Sable's Grimoire, My Heart Grows Fonder, Man And Elf, A Dragon's Treasure, An Adventurer's Gallantry
-Commissions: No One But You, Written In The Sky, Diamond Rose, To Libertad, Catch Canvas, Love Ribbon, Happy Campers, Wolf Tails

Working on:
Sable's Grimoire 2

https://zetsubou.games

Imperf3kt
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: Imperf3kt

Re: Name my game (for money)

#2 Post by Imperf3kt »

I am posting this more as a joke than anything, and I'm not interested in any form of payment if you actually decide to use it, but you said you need a name for the (magic) academy in your game?
Probably gonna sound cheesy as, but what about Magicampus

A quick Google search turns up mostly unrelated results. I think it'd be safe to use.
Warning: May contain trace amounts of gratuitous plot.
pro·gram·mer (noun) An organism capable of converting caffeine into code.

Current project: GGD Mentor

Twitter

indoneko
Miko-Class Veteran

#3 Post by indoneko »

Magia Accademia
Magia Accademia : The List
The Secrets of Magia Accademia
(The) Magia Accademia Chronicles
The Last Day in/of Magia Accademia
My avatar is courtesy of Mellanthe

Lucky1443
Regular
Projects: SACRIFICE
Tumblr: Lucky1443
Deviantart: Lucky1443

#4 Post by Lucky1443 »

amadronia, school for magic

The fall of Amadronia, school of magic
OPEN for SPRITE/CG ART viewtopic.php?f=62&t=38654 FREE TO USE ASSETS viewtopic.php?f=52&t=39634

sunwave
Regular

#5 Post by sunwave »

Magics, murders & monstergirls. (Or just "Magic, murder & monstergirls" without plurals)

Well, that was the best one I could come up with. It tells the genre is "fantasy", that you can expect romance with monstergirls (I mean, what else would you expect with that in the title), but that it also has a serious plot behind it (hence "murders"). I had some other ideas but they're pretty generic and aren't really clear about what to expect.

Anyway, good luck with finding a name. =)

naqlada
Regular
Projects: Plenty awesome ones. Search my posts or just ask, won't bite...

#6 Post by naqlada »

Magicide High
Killswitch
Portals Before Lunch
Death Craft
Words can Hurt

Zetsubou
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: See my signature
Github: koroshiya
itch: zetsuboushita

#7 Post by Zetsubou »

Thanks for your suggestions, everyone!
(Note that even if I do pick a name from those given, the thread will remain open for at least the week)
sunwave wrote:Magics, murders & monstergirls. (Or just "Magic, murder & monstergirls" without plurals)
One of the names I came up with was quite similar. But rather than "monster girls" I used "monster maidens" to keep the alliteration going.
indoneko wrote:Magia Accademia Chronicles
The Last Day in/of Magia Accademia
Lucky1443 wrote:amadronia, school for magic
The fall of Amadronia, school of magic
I'm liking the "end of the academy" theme going here. Difficult to keep the word count down though.
To slightly shorten Lucky's suggestion, maybe something like "The fall of ... magic academy".

I've also had a suggestion outside of LSF of "Halls of Demon Ivy". I'd like to reword that and add monster girls in there, but "Monster girls' ivy halls" sounds like a rather different kind of game :lol: (Especially with a mandragora in the main cast)
Finished games
-My games: Sickness, Wander No More, Max Massacre, Humanity Must Perish, Tomboys Need Love Too, Sable's Grimoire, My Heart Grows Fonder, Man And Elf, A Dragon's Treasure, An Adventurer's Gallantry
-Commissions: No One But You, Written In The Sky, Diamond Rose, To Libertad, Catch Canvas, Love Ribbon, Happy Campers, Wolf Tails

Working on:
Sable's Grimoire 2

https://zetsubou.games

BlackFlameExplosion
Projects: The Legend Of Ocelia.
Organization: Infinity Stories

#8 Post by BlackFlameExplosion »

Academy ideas: (Crimson and red means blood spilled, abyss means it's never ending, abyssal nights means there is darkness lurking around.)
Crimson Red High (or) Crimson Red Academy
Magical Crimson High (or) Magical Crimson Academy
Crimson Magic High (or) Crimson Magic Academy
Crimson Mist High (or) Crimson Mist Academy
Crimson Moon High (or) Crimson Moon Academy
Moonlight Magic High (or) Moonlight Magic Academy
Magical Dawn High (or) Magical Dawn Academy
Crimson Abyss High (or) Crimson Abyss Academy
Abyssal Nights High (or) Abyssal Nights Academy

Title ideas:
Magical Crimson Abyss (Means that when people die it's an endless sea of blood, or whatever you want to think it is.)
Moonlight Sentence (Means that when moonlight comes somebody will die.)
Magical Darkness Flames (When people sense an aura with fear the killer's aura is a darkness flame, meaning of pain suffering and blood lust.)
Abyss Of Magic (Means overflowing magic.)
Magical Abyss Sight (Means when people study magic they can see the dark abyss when they die suddenly one day.)
Abyss Of Nightmares (Means that it produces horror when somebody gets killed.)
Abyssal Poison (Means that when death befalls an area, it becomes more active.)

Hope you find a title for your game, take care. :)

Sleepy
Regular
Projects: Camera Anima
Organization: EXP-resso Mutt
Tumblr: sleepy-does-games.tumblr.com
itch: https://expressomutt

#9 Post by Sleepy »

Game ideas:

-Magic and Monsterology 101
-Monsters, Magic, Murder, OhMy
-Devil's Snare
-Sable's Grimoire

Academy Ideas:
-Witches Three Academy
-Monstrum Academy
-Demon Ivy Hall
Last edited by Sleepy on Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
W.I.P.

Complete

Image Image

Kia
Eileen-Class Veteran
Deviantart: KiaAzad
Discord: Kia#6810

#10 Post by Kia »

this sounds like fun, lemme try.
Demi Academy
Occultemy
Aether Deep
Tale of Ascended
Coven of Demi
though there is one or more calculated theories and meanings behind each, I believe it's better to choose the name based on pivot point that the whole story revolves around and not a summary of the story.

SundownKid
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: Icebound, Selenon Rising Ep. 1-2
Projects: Selenon Rising Ep. 3-4
Organization: Fastermind Games
Deviantart: sundownkid

#11 Post by SundownKid »

Here are my suggestions:

Last Class of Darkness
Hexing Halls
Curriculum of Chaos
Faculty of Fiends

Nyankar
Projects: Primer Fantasia
Organization: TTTiGR3 Estudios AR

#12 Post by Nyankar »

Same as Imperf3kt. "I'm not interested in any form of payment if you actually decide to use it"

Halls of Demonia

The last demi-academy
The fall of ^

Good luck.
Graphic designs

csjamen
Tumblr: none
Deviantart: none
Github: none
Soundcloud: none
itch: none

#13 Post by csjamen »

Title : Ichor Half

Academy Name: Ichtryvanh School of Halfbloods

YossarianIII
Veteran
Completed: Guns & Lovers; SRRT!; Kill Your Refrigerator; Banality Man; Beretta Mondatta
Projects: Solidarity Forever
Organization: KONOL Games

#14 Post by YossarianIII »

I had a lot of fun coming up with some... unique names that will probably be 0% helpful to you. :)

Titles

Aaahh!!! Real Monster Maidens
Wait? What? Monster??? Academy?????????
Autumn of the Monster Girls
Monstrum Scholasticum
Strange Shit Goes Down at the Magic Academy

University Names

Harvard
Harvard, But For Monsters
Ponceforth Institute for the Peculiar
St. Grundlebundle's Academy for Gifted Monsters (And A Few Average Ones)
Wenchworth School of Demi-Arts & Demi-Sciences
Jeffrey

Image Image

nekobara
Regular

#15 Post by nekobara »

I don't want any money. I just wanted to pitch in. Probably unhelpfully. But here goes.~

For the game title, maybe Sable's Chronicles. Or (The) Chronicles of Sable. Despite them being simple, I take my titles very seriously, so I assure you I'm not being half-assed about it. They just feel right to me. Maybe it's because they rhyme(sort of). Alliteration is fun and all-I love it-but sometimes words that sound similar are pretty nifty. If no one else appreciates these titles, maybe Sable will... Unless he/she is very modest. Have I just scared them away? :oops: Sable, don't leave me! ...Sorry. I got a bit too into it. Eheh...

As for the name of the academy, perhaps Cobalt Academy? Or Cobalt Something? Perhaps not. I didn't spend too long thinking of this one. I wouldn't use it either. Please note that the -Something was only a placeholder. I'm not that stupid, I promise.
*meow*