Name my game (Closed)

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
TheUsernameIsTaken

Re: Name my game (for money)

#16 Post by TheUsernameIsTaken »

Most of these are a joke, I dont want money anyway, its all about that name crafting experience

-I dont have magic but I enter a magic school anyway
-I discovered that I dont have magic but my school doesnt know that yet
-Magic! Guns! Boobs?! I entered a school that turned out to be a Battlefield!
-They say human boys/girls are too basic. Thats why I entered a school filled with non-humans but immediately regretted my decision.
-Theres no way my bills was too damn high! So I traveled overseas and posed as a transfer student at a school I may/may not have skipped the finer details which turned out to be a school for magic
-They say getting a job is harder nowadays....So I tacked on fake elf ears and posed as a questionable defenseless trap that specialized in magic engineering theory
-I was reborn as a completely normal human being in a fantasy world without humans. (OOO this one could be interesting, especially if u had non-human parents)
-I was working as a pizza delivery boy/girl but did not get none of that saucy action so I traveled into the next dimension and applied to a non-human school to get some of that spice yo.
-I officially turned 30 and became a wizard so I decided to become a professor at a magic school with clearly legitimate experience. (Another good one)

Imperf3kt
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: Imperf3kt

#17 Post by Imperf3kt »

Did you miss the "3-6 words please". The OP wants short names and yours are, well... not.
I guess you did say they're mostly a joke.

I do like the last one though, however, you're not grand mage yet, you're only arch mage.
Warning: May contain trace amounts of gratuitous plot.
pro·gram·mer (noun) An organism capable of converting caffeine into code.

Current project: GGD Mentor

Twitter

TheUsernameIsTaken

#18 Post by TheUsernameIsTaken »

Oh I guess I got too carried away recalling all those long titles I see. Though some are great ideas for the plucking for a chuckle or two. And yeah I guess he does have to reach the higher tiers to become the greatest wizard, if hes old enough, he might even get a assistant.

Zetsubou
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: See my signature
Github: koroshiya
itch: zetsuboushita

#19 Post by Zetsubou »

It's not that I dislike long names, it's just that they're impractical.
You hit maximum character limits on sites like Itch and Steam, it needs to be shortened for desktop icons, players don't remember the full name, you need to constantly abbreviate it, etc.

At any rate, there have been a lot of creative names here. Thank you all for your suggestions so far.
Finished games
-My games: Sickness, Wander No More, Max Massacre, Humanity Must Perish, Tomboys Need Love Too, Sable's Grimoire, My Heart Grows Fonder, Man And Elf, A Dragon's Treasure, An Adventurer's Gallantry
-Commissions: No One But You, Written In The Sky, Diamond Rose, To Libertad, Catch Canvas, Love Ribbon, Happy Campers, Wolf Tails

Working on:
Sable's Grimoire 2

https://zetsubou.games

SexBomb
Regular
Completed: Up All Night, Reaper's Rite, Nameless
Projects: Up All Night 2
Organization: Fiendish Fiction
Tumblr: sexviolenceandvideogames
Deviantart: cooldrinkofwater
itch: fiendishfiction

#20 Post by SexBomb »

I have nothing to offer as I've never been good with titles, but I just had to stop by to say that I love this thread, and everyone's creativity. :)

Hazel
Regular
Projects: Wreath of Roses, BookSLEEPer, Girlfriend Material
Tumblr: zincalloygames
itch: zincalloy

#21 Post by Hazel »

Someone suggested Sable's Grimoire and I just wanted to mention that I really like that. It's short and to the point, sounds pretty, and should be pretty easy to search for.

As for my own suggestions, going on the ivy theme I'd give Poison Ivy League for the game, and Demimonde for the school itself.
Image Image

BookSLEEPer (writer) * Girlfriend Material (writer/programmer)

Zetsubou
Miko-Class Veteran

#22 Post by Zetsubou »

Still a few more hours left. At the moment I'm leaning towards

Academy name: Amadronia (Lucky1443)
Game title: Sable's Grimoire (Sleepy)

I'd probably tack on something to the end of the title though, in order to grab attention, with Sable's Grimoire being the short form.
eg. Sable's Grimoire: The study of monster girls
Difficult to work "monster girls" into the title without it sounding like a blatant eroge though :lol:
Finished games
-My games: Sickness, Wander No More, Max Massacre, Humanity Must Perish, Tomboys Need Love Too, Sable's Grimoire, My Heart Grows Fonder, Man And Elf, A Dragon's Treasure, An Adventurer's Gallantry
-Commissions: No One But You, Written In The Sky, Diamond Rose, To Libertad, Catch Canvas, Love Ribbon, Happy Campers, Wolf Tails

Working on:
Sable's Grimoire 2

Zetsubou
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: Name my game (Closed)

#23 Post by Zetsubou »

I went with the names above.
Payment has been sent to Lucky1443 and Sleepy, and this thread is now closed.

Thank you all for your suggestions. I'll likely do this again in the future :)
Finished games

Working on:
Sable's Grimoire 2